300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando PD

Thinking about applying with OPD soon. I am a 9 year LE veteran in S. Florida, currently assigned as a Sgt. I applied with OPD once before, but got the standard "more qualified applicant was selected" letter. Any input from the forum members about OPD? I know they are the best paid in Central FL and have one of if not the best pension plans. Any input is appreciated.

You can run.... You'll only go to jail tired though

OPD is a great department although when I went through the academy at Valencia they had about 15 applicants my class. Only one was military. The rest were recent college grads. They seem to place alot on that degree. And as much as I hate to say it 12 of the 15 OPD cadets were minority or female. I know OPD places alot of emphasis on hiring minorities.

It also kind of depends on who you know there too. Have you ever thought about Orange County? Coming from BCSO you already know what running call to call is like, that's pretty much what OPD and OCSO are like. Sanford, about 15 minutes north of OPD is much smaller and are always hiring. The pay isn't the best but it's kind of a rough city and you still have alot of code calls and be running call to call.

Comment

You could also look at Tampa if you have a desire to come over to the west coast. The pay is a little higher than OPD, and the pension multiplier just went up to 3.15% (63% after 20 years). As an experienced officer, you'd start out at a base salary of right under 43K per year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10294 users online. 208 members and 10086 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X