300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you need to get a psych DQ lawyer.
    The way you explained it, I would bet money that it would be overturned.

In NYS psych DQ lawyers have an average 60% turnover rate on DQ's.
    sigpic

Comment

and DQ lawyers are fairly cheap. probably less than $1k in fees.
      sigpic

Comment

Some good tips so far:
        - Get a good nights sleep
        - Not too much coffee
        - Be honest
        - Don't be TOO honest--which I would add "don't ramble on and on in your answers" They're going to listen for anything they can prod you further on. The more you talk, the more chances they have to do that.

As far as working by yourself or working in groups, I really don't think there's a correct answer to this question. Again, be honest with who you really are and be prepared to elaborate a little bit. If you think that working in a group is the correct answer but by the 529388617298 questions you answered, it shows your personality to be that of an isolationist, you're going to run into problems.

I'll also second what Monty says about upping the gramatical skills. From what I understand, there is a lot of report writing and paperwork in law enforcement, and you don't want to develop a sloppy reputation. Habits you allow yourself to develop now may likely carry on into your career. Capitalize the first letters of sentences and paragraphs. My biggest gripe I see not just here but all over the internet is a lack of question marks (?). When you ask a question, shouldn't a question mark be used?

Best luck!

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
          you need to get a psych DQ lawyer.
          The way you explained it, I would bet money that it would be overturned.

In NYS psych DQ lawyers have an average 60% turnover rate on DQ's.

I didnt know if I wanted to push it that far. It was/is a hard pill to swallow when your hometown dpt, who you volunteer for and put in 1000's of hours hoping it would pay off tells you that your a liability to them and the city and your basically not qualified enough for the job although im permitted to do it for free. Oh well their loss. I've got the passion and the dedication to do the job professionally and make an impact just a matter of finding an agency that will give me the opportunity...
          Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

Its not so much the agency. Its the psych doctors. A psychologist has to be neutral, not on the PD's side or the candidates side.

The agency had nothing to do with turning you down. That was all on the Psych Dr.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
              Its not so much the agency. Its the psych doctors. A psychologist has to be neutral, not on the PD's side or the candidates side.

The agency had nothing to do with turning you down. That was all on the Psych Dr.
              dpt informed us we would only be moving on in the process if given a recommendation for hire. Those with non recommend and borderline would not and dpt rep stated those with the non and borderline are considered a liability to the city/dpt. I was given non on both occasions..I know several officers who were hired after given non recommendations so yes the dr. gives the recommendation but they dont have the final say in who moves on and who doesnt..
              Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6627 users online. 311 members and 6316 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X