Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fl Cop
    replied
    Sflcop Thank you for your reply. I didnt no that,that was going on with BSO,you are right that is pretty said that the largest nationally accredited SO does not have tasers. You had listed some other agencies such as palm bch so and IMSO (What does that stand for) And one more question do you know of any city depts that are on state retirement down there? thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• sflcop
    replied
    Why BSO? Ask any cop on this board from S. FL and they will tell you that the agency is not all you think it is. With Powertrac and various other issues, you can barely be a cop any more. There are lots of other agencies that are on state pension with better bennies, and better moral. South FL is the best place in the world to work, but I personally would stay away from BSO. They still do not have tasers, which is sad for an agency like that. They are also one of the few agencies that still work 5 eight hour days. You will not see weekends off for quite a few years. Look at some city departments, and PBSO IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• BadgerFan
    replied
    Another "can I get hired" thread....all you have to do is read the requirements for the dept you're applying to and if you meet them, then only your performance/background during the application process vs. the rank of others applying with you determines if you can get hired.

Leave a comment:

• New Fl Cop
    started a topic Help Wanted

Help Wanted

Hey Guys and gals my name is Drew.Let me explain my situation to you and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am 23 years old,I have about 35 class days left of the Florida basic le academy, so I will be certified but that is the only thing I have going for me. I do not have any militaty backround,le backround, My mother when I was growing up moved from state to state for work which means I have alot of diffrent jobs (lack of stable work history) I dont have a college degree (but do plan on getting one) I would really like to work for an agency in south florida and that is on state retirement. So my question is, do I have much of a chance at getting hired down there being that I only meet the minimum qualifications. To get specific I would really like to work for Broward county sheriffs office.

PS: The rest of my backround is sqeeky cleen, I havent even had a traffic citation in 5-6 years.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5189 users online. 201 members and 4988 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X