Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blog of academy experience - good? bad?

I'm heading into the academy as a self sponsor on Monday. One of the things I've been kind of frustrated with was getting a good picture of what going through the academy was like. I thought it would be nice to share my experience as I go through with my friends and family on a blog, and after I get hired make it more public. I'm planning on leaving out names of anyone in the academy (including myself) and being unspecific about which academy I'm attending.

My stepfather thinks this is a bad idea if I want to get hired. I'm not planning on putting anything political or obnoxious in, just what is going on and what my impressions are. What do the LEOs out there think? Is this just stupid and likely to prevent me from getting hired if someone finds it, or would it be harmless? I really appreciate your input.

Nothing wrong with keeping it private, but I don't think it would be a good idea to go public with it. Trouble is, I can't explain why, other than it could bring unwanted attention to you.
    "Public service is not just a job.
    It is an act of citizenship."
    ---G.W. Bush

Comment

I found nothing negative about going through the police academy. Everything was done for a reason. Not only did I learn the basics of the job, I learned self discipline.

Comment

I think that I'm going to do the blog, but keep it private. Someone will basically have to get permission from me to view the blog.

I guess I'm just being paranoid, but I've seen too many people get slammed in the Army for comments that seemed to be innocuous or unrelated to the job. Best to keep things quiet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9854 users online. 465 members and 9389 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X