Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keith758
    replied
    I'd go with option "A." The experiance you get as a cadet will help you get a perspective on the job and help on interviews.Learning Spanish will prove to be invaluable. I took French in school, but I've stopped a lot more Hispanics that don't speak English, than I have Frenchmen!

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyV
    replied
    Personally, I would minor in Spanish and go with the PD. All depts are going to like seeing LE experience on your resume and plus you may get credit for an internship depending on your college. Thats just my two cents. I am sure you will get many opinions here.
    Johnny V

Leave a comment:

• kayl
    started a topic Better on Resume?

Better on Resume?

I'm a college sophomore, CJ major, looking to go into law enforcement (ya never would have guessed, would ya?)
    I'm wondering which you guys think is a better option to help my chances of getting hired @ a dept:
    option A) Take a job as a Police Cadet in my local department, continue on with college, take spanish...

option B) Take an EMT Certification class this fall, get a part-time EMT job for the rest of college, take spanish, etc...

Right now, I'm leaning towards the EMT class, but that's $1500 extra in addition to tuition...what do you guys think?

Thanks!
    Justin

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10337 users online. 508 members and 9829 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X