300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dod Law Enforcement

JUST APPLIED ABOUT THREE MONTH AGO FOR A LAW ENFORCEMENT POSITION ON A MILITARY INSTALLATION THAT WERE HIRING PREFERABLY VETERANS. WHEN I APPLIED; NO WHERE ON THE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT MENTIONS ANYTHING ABOUT A MEDICAL EXAM OR A PHYSICAL I SHOULD SAY BUT IT DID MENTIONED ABOUT A DRUG TEST WICH I TOOK RECENTLY AND WAITING FOR WHAT EVER IS NEXT. MY QUESTION IS SINCE THIS IS A HIRING PROCESS THRU THE MILITARY AND THEY ARE ACCEPTING VETERANS WITH 5 AND 10 PTS PREFERENCE ARE THEY GOING TO OMMIT THE PHYSICAL OR ARE THEY GOING TO DO IT ANYWAYS? I IMAGINE THAT THEY WOULD DO IT ANYWAYS CAUSE IS A FED. JOB BUT LIKE I SAID THERE IS NOTHING MENTIONED ABOUT IT ON THE JOB DESCRIPTION OR ANY PHYSICAL STANDARTS....maybe cause there are certain waivers for veterans. im i right?

Re: Dod Law Enforcement

Originally posted by scorpion
    JUST APPLIED ABOUT THREE MONTH AGO FOR A LAW ENFORCEMENT POSITION ON A MILITARY INSTALLATION THAT WERE HIRING PREFERABLY VETERANS. WHEN I APPLIED; NO WHERE ON THE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT MENTIONS ANYTHING ABOUT A MEDICAL EXAM OR A PHYSICAL I SHOULD SAY BUT IT DID MENTIONED ABOUT A DRUG TEST WICH I TOOK RECENTLY AND WAITING FOR WHAT EVER IS NEXT. MY QUESTION IS SINCE THIS IS A HIRING PROCESS THRU THE MILITARY AND THEY ARE ACCEPTING VETERANS WITH 5 AND 10 PTS PREFERENCE ARE THEY GOING TO OMMIT THE PHYSICAL OR ARE THEY GOING TO DO IT ANYWAYS? I IMAGINE THAT THEY WOULD DO IT ANYWAYS CAUSE IS A FED. JOB BUT LIKE I SAID THERE IS NOTHING MENTIONED ABOUT IT ON THE JOB DESCRIPTION OR ANY PHYSICAL STANDARTS....maybe cause there are certain waivers for veterans. im i right?
    What kind of law enforcement positions are available on military installations that require the base to hire externally? Serious question 'cause I don't know.

I'm just shooting in the dark here, but if it truly IS an LE position (and not a "check-everybody's-ID-at-the-main-gate" position) you would probably have to undergo some type of medical exam/physical test to ensure that you are capable of meeting the physical requirements of the job. Also to ensure that you are capable of undergoing whatever training you will be required to complete prior to your employment.

I tried to offer some thoughts about your question in the Health and Fitness Section too - but if I am still off-base re: your question, my best suggestions would be to:

a) check out their website if they have one
    b) call and ask

Curious why you removed your location from your user ID (Caribbean).

Also curious why a physical test/medical is of such great concern.

Comment

...actually, there has been a recent shift to privatize 'some' of the military instalation LE duties acrossed the country.
      I do not know if this has to do with the rather large call outs & rotations of active,reserve & national guard personel, or if it is more of a budget thing, but Yes, DOD LEO's do exist, positions vary from "rent a badge" type positions @ $8.00hr, to armed 'security' to full blown private cops with full or near full police powers making $40k+ a yr.
      It simply depends on who & where your working. From my experience (working for the DOD), if your going for anything close to a real DOD LEO job, then you will have a physical, sometimes 2, and all the similar testings of any other LEO, if your coming up short of this in testing, you may want to re-inquire about the position your seeking or may end up doing, best of luck either way!
      USA

Comment

Re: Re: Dod Law Enforcement

Originally posted by krj
        What kind of law enforcement positions are available on military installations that require the base to hire externally? Serious question 'cause I don't know.

DOD cops!!! Most DOD cops are EX MPs but some have civilian experience and others no LE experience whatsoever!

The Dept of the Army standard is a 1 mile run in 10 mins and 20 sit ups and 20 push ups in a minute or something. Prior to the PT test you should have to take a physical. You shouldn't be checking ID cards as most installations have private security contractors doing this job. You will have your domestics, DWI, and fights at the club on post... Depending on the installation you may graduate their academy not certified in anything!!!
        Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

thanks for your replies guys, i imagine theres one or there has to be one no matter what. i was in the military before and know how it is the hole nine yards, just currious cause never been through this process before and dont know anyone on this side that has gone thru it either. and wanted heads up on what the process would be. KRJ i think USA has answer your question better than what i did. hes right about the new contract. and yes as far as my profile in this forum i took it off cause it doesnt matter where my location is. could be in U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS or P.R. its all US territory.

Comment

It's already been answered, but to reiterate, YES there are civilian DOD law enforcement on military bases. I'm active duty and I work with both military and civilian here. In fact, and UNFORTUNATELY, the top 2 people in my chain of command are civilians. There's a bit of hate and discontent between the two(military and civilians), especially since they're emphasing that we are ONE unit(which is good), but we work by two very different sets of rules.
            Made ya look!!!

Comment

My experience is with Canadian military bases, where, aside from "Commissionaires" (typically old retired military) who monitored traffic coming in and leaving the base, all other security functions were performed by military. Interesting stuff guys - thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5902 users online. 196 members and 5706 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X