300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tcleose

I take TCLEOSE on 06-30-04 @ 1300, but I don't have any job prospects so far, and I've only done 2 ridealongs and I'm not really sure how to go about getting a job as an officer. Since we have not had a full time instructor I've had no one to ask about this process. I've gotten my credit reports and resume and past history info almost all down on paper, but I'm worried about approching an agency cause I have some 'bad' credit and I was a truck driver for 10 years before I entered the academy so I have about 11 diffrent jobs on my job history. I've looked up some departments web sites and on the surface I seem to meet the qualifications, but I'm worried i have spent all this time, effort, and money and may not be able to get a job. If anyone has some advice other than "find another line of work" I'd appreciate some advice.
    “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”- Romans 12:12

Good Luck on your TCLEOSE (Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education) exam.

You will not know how well you will do unless you pick some agencies and apply.

Which academy did you attend?

Comment

North Harris Montgomery Commmunity College (NHMCCD) Law Enforcement Academy in Houston. Put my 1st Pre-employment application in with Harris County Precinct 5 Constable, I'll find out soon enough. The 1st of many agencies to be applied with.
      Last edited by mrcarroll71; 06-23-2004, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Pct 5 is a good agency and likes to give people a chance. I applied there right out of the academy just like you (U of H downtown). If you don't mind low pay for a while, look into Metro. The take people w/o experience quite often. All else fails, look into Harris County Sheriff's Office as a reserve and they will bring you on full time after a few years as a reserve. I don't know if you have any college (other than the Academy) but that is a requirement for several agencies around here. Pct 4 covers your area (Humble) but wants 60 college hours or 2 years full time experience. PM me and I'll get you some leads of where NOT to apply.

Comment

I have less than 12 hours untill my final exam and about 40 something hours untill TCLEOSE. Precinct 5 approved my pre-application and offered me a full application, so I do have a chance to get a job.
          Last edited by mrcarroll71; 06-29-2004, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Woohoo, graduated the academy and passed the TCLEOSE exam, now the job hunting really begins..........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10970 users online. 547 members and 10423 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X