Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certified and Looking for work, willing to relocate...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPB8881
    replied
    Come out to California the LAPD is ALWAYS hiring. And We'll leave the light on for ya

PPB

Leave a comment:

• COBRA90GT
    replied
    FWIW, if you are looking to go out of state, check out the following URL. It lists each state's contact for LEO certification info (ie - MCOLES for MI, etc)

http://www.iadlest.org/posts.htm

G'luck, you're right - the job market in MI is pretty rough right now, lotta folks out there who have finished an academy and not able to land a job because of the lack of job openings!

Leave a comment:

• x19delta
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart
    well, if training and going through different academies is your thing, there are 49 more state academies for you to hit. i just find it hard to believe that you would go through the michigan academy just for the sake of doing it. if you were ever asked about this in an interview and gave the same answer, that would throw up red flags all over the place. it would seem in reality, you hoped to get a job in michigan but couldnt because of maybe background issues and now you want to try other states hoping to hide whatever prevented you from getting hired in michigan.

I hope everyone that reads this thread thinks differently than you because that is not the way I meant it. I love to train, I was an Army grunt that loved training and now I'm a civilian that loves to train. There is nothing in my background that would EVER prevent me from getting a job. I am just not a big fan of the area that I live in due to the low job market. Michigan's state budget is so messed up right now, law enforcement agencies dont have the funding for anymore officers which are VERY MUCH NEEDED! I understand your point of view and I am glad you pointed that out so that I may address it. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by x19delta
    I understand that. I am looking at it as more training for me. A police academy is all training, if I do more than one academy, the odds of me being a better officer increase. It is like army boot camp, went threw that and loved it. I like training and education, with these two things, there is nothing that I can not accomplish.
    well, if training and going through different academies is your thing, there are 49 more state academies for you to hit. i just find it hard to believe that you would go through the michigan academy just for the sake of doing it. if you were ever asked about this in an interview and gave the same answer, that would throw up red flags all over the place. it would seem in reality, you hoped to get a job in michigan but couldnt because of maybe background issues and now you want to try other states hoping to hide whatever prevented you from getting hired in michigan.

Leave a comment:

• Darkwulfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart
    why would you bother going through the academy in michigan if you had no plans of staying? if you leave michigan, youll have to go through the academy all over again the state state that you move to.
    Not so in MT, you merely have to challenge the Montana Post Standard by taking a few written and physical tests. You may have to attend a few law classes to acquaint yourself with MT MCA but you do not have to go through the Academy all over again. Once certified in another state it is not that difficult to become certified in MT. Most of the larger departments are now taking lateral transfers.

Leave a comment:

• x19delta
    replied
    I understand that. I am looking at it as more training for me. A police academy is all training, if I do more than one academy, the odds of me being a better officer increase. It is like army boot camp, went threw that and loved it. I like training and education, with these two things, there is nothing that I can not accomplish.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    why would you bother going through the academy in michigan if you had no plans of staying? if you leave michigan, youll have to go through the academy all over again the state state that you move to.

Leave a comment:

• CFPython
    replied
    Same thing for Florida. Someone's always hiring down here. As our population continues to grow exponentially, so does the need for more cops.

Leave a comment:

• ChesCopPodz
    replied
    Just about anywhere in central/eastern Virginia is hiring. I'm at Chesterfield County PD, we are hiring http://www.chesterfield.gov/publicsa...ce/default.asp

Leave a comment:

• x19delta
    replied
    Thanks but I would prefer to leave Michigan. If a position was available here in Michigan, I would take it but I would like to live somewhere else in the U.S. Thanks for the responces!

Leave a comment:

• bhedrick
    replied
    I heard that the michigan highway patrol was hiring as well, i dunno if they're just looking for more officers down near southern michigan or what, but an officer from toledo (northwestern ohio) told me he was gonna apply to them

Leave a comment:

• wolf881
    replied
    WELL HAVE ONLY ONE REAL OPTION RIGHT NOW IN MICHIGAN AND THATS DETROIT, PRETTY EASY TO GET HIRED, PAYS LOW BUT YOU CAN MAKE UP FOR THAT WITH OVERTIME AND COURT APPERREANCE AND YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH A PRETTY ANTI POLICE CITY...BUT OTHER THAN THAT YOU GET TO DO ALL THE THINGS THAT YOU WOULD IMAGINE THE "REAL POLICE" WOULD DO! TAKE IT AS A LAST RESORT...TRY EMPCO TEST....1 TEST FOR I THINK 10 DEPARTMENTS.

Leave a comment:

• Certified and Looking for work, willing to relocate...

My name is Sidney Belcher. I am 22 years old come September 2004. I live in Michigan. I will be graduating my police academy in Novemeber 2004 which upon graduation I will be certified threw MCOLES. I have an Associates Degree of Applied Science in Criminal Justice. I am looking for a police officer position and I am willing to relocate anywhere in the United States. Alaska included. I am looking for a full time position. Please call or email me and I will fill out any applications or send in a resume. Thank you.

Sidney Belcher
    2830 State St.
    Ossineke, MI 49766
    (989) 471-5062
    email: [email protected]

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8541 users online. 428 members and 8113 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X