Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certified and Looking for work, willing to relocate...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Certified and Looking for work, willing to relocate...

    My name is Sidney Belcher. I am 22 years old come September 2004. I live in Michigan. I will be graduating my police academy in Novemeber 2004 which upon graduation I will be certified threw MCOLES. I have an Associates Degree of Applied Science in Criminal Justice. I am looking for a police officer position and I am willing to relocate anywhere in the United States. Alaska included. I am looking for a full time position. Please call or email me and I will fill out any applications or send in a resume. Thank you.

    Sidney Belcher
    2830 State St.
    Ossineke, MI 49766
    (989) 471-5062
    email: [email protected]
    "Americans sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

  • #2
    WELL HAVE ONLY ONE REAL OPTION RIGHT NOW IN MICHIGAN AND THATS DETROIT, PRETTY EASY TO GET HIRED, PAYS LOW BUT YOU CAN MAKE UP FOR THAT WITH OVERTIME AND COURT APPERREANCE AND YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH A PRETTY ANTI POLICE CITY...BUT OTHER THAN THAT YOU GET TO DO ALL THE THINGS THAT YOU WOULD IMAGINE THE "REAL POLICE" WOULD DO! TAKE IT AS A LAST RESORT...TRY EMPCO TEST....1 TEST FOR I THINK 10 DEPARTMENTS.

    Comment


    • #3
      I heard that the michigan highway patrol was hiring as well, i dunno if they're just looking for more officers down near southern michigan or what, but an officer from toledo (northwestern ohio) told me he was gonna apply to them

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks but I would prefer to leave Michigan. If a position was available here in Michigan, I would take it but I would like to live somewhere else in the U.S. Thanks for the responces!
        "Americans sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

        Comment


        • #5
          Just about anywhere in central/eastern Virginia is hiring. I'm at Chesterfield County PD, we are hiring http://www.chesterfield.gov/publicsa...ce/default.asp

          Comment


          • #6
            Same thing for Florida. Someone's always hiring down here. As our population continues to grow exponentially, so does the need for more cops.
            "I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition."

            Comment


            • #7
              why would you bother going through the academy in michigan if you had no plans of staying? if you leave michigan, youll have to go through the academy all over again the state state that you move to.
              "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
              William Shatner

              Comment


              • #8
                I understand that. I am looking at it as more training for me. A police academy is all training, if I do more than one academy, the odds of me being a better officer increase. It is like army boot camp, went threw that and loved it. I like training and education, with these two things, there is nothing that I can not accomplish.
                "Americans sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bart
                  why would you bother going through the academy in michigan if you had no plans of staying? if you leave michigan, youll have to go through the academy all over again the state state that you move to.
                  Not so in MT, you merely have to challenge the Montana Post Standard by taking a few written and physical tests. You may have to attend a few law classes to acquaint yourself with MT MCA but you do not have to go through the Academy all over again. Once certified in another state it is not that difficult to become certified in MT. Most of the larger departments are now taking lateral transfers.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by x19delta
                    I understand that. I am looking at it as more training for me. A police academy is all training, if I do more than one academy, the odds of me being a better officer increase. It is like army boot camp, went threw that and loved it. I like training and education, with these two things, there is nothing that I can not accomplish.
                    well, if training and going through different academies is your thing, there are 49 more state academies for you to hit. i just find it hard to believe that you would go through the michigan academy just for the sake of doing it. if you were ever asked about this in an interview and gave the same answer, that would throw up red flags all over the place. it would seem in reality, you hoped to get a job in michigan but couldnt because of maybe background issues and now you want to try other states hoping to hide whatever prevented you from getting hired in michigan.
                    "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                    William Shatner

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bart
                      well, if training and going through different academies is your thing, there are 49 more state academies for you to hit. i just find it hard to believe that you would go through the michigan academy just for the sake of doing it. if you were ever asked about this in an interview and gave the same answer, that would throw up red flags all over the place. it would seem in reality, you hoped to get a job in michigan but couldnt because of maybe background issues and now you want to try other states hoping to hide whatever prevented you from getting hired in michigan.



                      I hope everyone that reads this thread thinks differently than you because that is not the way I meant it. I love to train, I was an Army grunt that loved training and now I'm a civilian that loves to train. There is nothing in my background that would EVER prevent me from getting a job. I am just not a big fan of the area that I live in due to the low job market. Michigan's state budget is so messed up right now, law enforcement agencies dont have the funding for anymore officers which are VERY MUCH NEEDED! I understand your point of view and I am glad you pointed that out so that I may address it. Thank you.
                      "Americans sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        FWIW, if you are looking to go out of state, check out the following URL. It lists each state's contact for LEO certification info (ie - MCOLES for MI, etc)

                        http://www.iadlest.org/posts.htm

                        G'luck, you're right - the job market in MI is pretty rough right now, lotta folks out there who have finished an academy and not able to land a job because of the lack of job openings!
                        Officer Down Memorial Page

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Come out to California the LAPD is ALWAYS hiring. And We'll leave the light on for ya


                          PPB
                          HERE"S MY 10 CENTS CAUSE MY 2 CENTS IS FREE." EMINEM

                          Comment

                          MR300x250 Tablet

                          Collapse

                          What's Going On

                          Collapse

                          There are currently 5327 users online. 250 members and 5077 guests.

                          Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                          Welcome Ad

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X