300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI Police Officer

I received a call from Washington that I am to report for both a written test and oral board interview. I have questions as to what the duties of the FBI police officer entail. I know that it is not like a traditional PO, but I am not sure exactly what that means. Could anyone give me some insight as to the job duties, and any other general knowledge questions about the position?

Sorry, I can only tell you what I've heard. If I'm thinking of the same thing, the FBI's uniformed division is primarily responsible for security at the Bureau's buildings and properties. I don't want to say it's a glorified security job, because I'm sure there's more to it than that. But if you're looking for traditional patrol-oriented, arrest-the-bad-guy kind of law enforcement work, I'd think this wouldn't be the job for you.

On the other hand, if you're looking to get a foot in the door at a federal agency in the hopes of moving your way up the ladder and also securing yourself a nice federal pension, maybe this is right up your alley.

I'm curious though. Why would you apply to a position about which you know virtually nothing?
    Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Oh, I do know a fair amount about the position, including the security detail that one is in charge of at federal buildings, but just as I may read books on the position, there is always more I may learn from those who have been there, or have family/friends in the position. I want to hear what it really entails,as well as peoples thoughts. I have a student of mine who's brother is an ex-FBI Police Officer, but I have been unable to contact him at this point. Where may I ask have you heard about the position? I do not think it will be the career for me, as you had questions about as well, but I will go to the interview and see how well I do, and see if it can help prepare me for various other tests. If you hear any inside tidbits, feel free to share them with me! Thanks.

Comment

FBI POLICE

The FBI Police is a glorified security position. You are a federal police officer without the abilitiy to do the things that most police officers do, even most federal police officers. Overtime is mandatory which could be a good thing. If you are not from Washington D.C. you could definitely use this as a stepping stone to do (what most in law enforcement would call) real police work rather that security details. It would get your foot in the door and you have to attend FLETC (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center) which will definitely be an opportunity for you to make some contacts. Need anymore info let me know.

Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons

Comment

FBI POLICE OFFICER

dont worry about the duties, not too much action going on for the exception as mentioned before protecting fed. buildings ect. but in fact a lot of paper work duties and investigations. not too many action going on unless something goes down and that would take a while for a bust since like i said lots of paper work, investigations and information gathering; then you may see some action if thats what your looking for. just go for good pay, benefits, good reteirement pay and easy time going job. thats all you need. youll still be a FED.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6633 users online. 362 members and 6271 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X