300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual acuity

My uncorrected "visual acuity" is 20/400, but correctable to 20/20 with glasses or contacts. And I'm not color blind.

I'm worried my eye sight may disqualify me from every single department. Which would be unfortunate since my glasses don't slow me down from being active.

Should I cancel all my upcoming police tests and become a journalist?

More and more departments are waiving the uncorrected vision requirement if you have successfully worn yor contact lenses for 6 months to a year (depends on the department). Some also make you sign a paper stating that you will always wear your contacts on duty.

Best bet is to call a recruiter and just ask for their requirements.

Comment

Visual acuity

Definitely do not abandon your hopes of law enforcement on the vision issue.Many departments will accept you .Stay in the race.

Comment

Re: Visual acuity

Originally posted by Waynesz
        My uncorrected "visual acuity" is 20/400, but correctable to 20/20 with glasses or contacts. And I'm not color blind.

I'm worried my eye sight may disqualify me from every single department. Which would be unfortunate since my glasses don't slow me down from being active.

The problem is that with 20/400, how well can you see if you lost your glasses? I wore glasses when I started and you will get them knocked off now and then. In fact, I usually took mine off if it looked like it was going to get physical.
        "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6609 users online. 293 members and 6316 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X