Editing a comment
      typically you go to your closest office and one of the SA's runs it

• ShockTroopDevilDog
      ShockTroopDevilDog commented
      Editing a comment
      pm me i will give you the scoop

• Sent you a pm

Comment

• Can anyone tell me how long to get medical clearance ?

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        Editing a comment
        thats a very vague question. can you elaborate on what exactly you want to know?

• Just curious, does anyone know of any potential BAT class dates after May?

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        Editing a comment
        i heard yes but don't shoot the messenger lol

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha what are the dates you heard Shock?

• NJSLEOII
        NJSLEOII commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard March April May now down to just May...

• Anyone getting offers or hearing if May class is full? I had to redo my PTT because it was past 90 days and I still am not hired.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        So are you saying you heard there are no other classes after May?

• NJSLEOII
        NJSLEOII commented
        Editing a comment
        Possibly 1 more after May but no specific month.

• Meat0177
        Meat0177 commented
        Editing a comment
        My recruiter out of Houston advised me that there should be one in June and September.

• cholder
        cholder commented
        Editing a comment
        I can echo that comment ... called Houston last week and they stated there was a class in May, June and September

• Have the Pt test coming up this week then only the poly and psych left ...

Comment

• Meat0177
        Meat0177 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah it will be nice and warm, but the wind has been brutal down here. I did my PT for the Marshals 2 weeks ago and the wind was blowing at 25-35 mph gusts. It shave about 40 seconds off my time. Oh well though, it will be good.

• Meat0177
        Meat0177 commented
        Editing a comment
        How did you do on your PT test?

• cholder
        cholder commented
        Editing a comment
        Passed ... u?

• Meat0177
        Meat0177 commented
        Editing a comment
        I passed. Not being an arrogant docube, but I wasn't worried about it. I work out 5-6 days a week, and the test shouldn't be hard for those that work out. There was a guy who took it for the 2nd time, and he did not pass it again.

• How long does the background take? Does the background have to be completed or can you EOD provisionally?

Comment

• Bliskin
        Bliskin commented
        Editing a comment
        Unless you receive an interim clearance for having a current clearance, you will have to wait for the background to finish.

• Thanks, so how long for OPM to complete the background, approximately?

Comment

• CDoubleOK
        CDoubleOK commented
        Editing a comment
        It varies by person... Mine personally took about a year.

• Anyone here close to aging out? I had read in past posts information about age waivers, but wasnt sure if that was only for military.

Comment

• cholder
        cholder commented
        Editing a comment
        Once you are accepted they will put you in for an age waiver but for you to retire you still have to complete 20 years as a LEO.

• amartinez19
        amartinez19 commented
        Editing a comment
        CHOLDER,

Have you heard if they are issuing waivers for people who are non Fed-LEO or Vet Preference Points? I emailed the recruiter late 2017, and explained to them my situation, and they didn't say anything in the reply, other than that I was going to be contacted soon for the written assessment.

• cholder
        cholder commented
        Editing a comment
        What I was told was that if you are eligible for veterans preference then you are eligible for age waiver. According to the recruiter I spoke with vet eligible is the only way you can receive an age waiver period.

• cholder
        cholder commented
        Editing a comment
        I would assume that since you will be scheduled a test then you should be good.

• Passed the PT this morning. Now for more waiting.

Comment

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        What did you do most of your points in?

• Meat0177
        Meat0177 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not sure. I think the mile and a half and push-ups. I got a total of 19 points.

• Lep89
        Lep89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Meat0177, Were they super strict on the sit-ups form? Do they have someone place their fist on the ground under your chest to count or is it done visually?
        Last edited by Lep89; 03-19-2018, 06:13 PM.

• Meat0177
        Meat0177 commented
        Editing a comment
        It was pretty strict, but if your in shape you will be fine.

• Does anyone know if people from this announcement are still being considered? Things have been quiet lately.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        My assumption would be YES since I've seen people posting in 2014 forum that they're still in the hiring pool. Honestly, not many people post in the 2017 announcement either so it's hard to know who's doing what.

• amartinez19
        amartinez19 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's good news. I have some pending military training coming up, that may will take a better part of 6-8 months. Ive been putting it off, just in case this moved along. My luck I will be down range and I will get an email to move along in the process. We shall see I guess.

• So I started the process in 2016 when I was 35 years old. Before I turned 37, I was told an age waiver would be signed for me once background cleared. Well, I turned 37 few months ago, background cleared maybe 3 weeks ago, then I got an email saying I was out of the process due to my age. Has anyone ever received an age waiver? and I've never served in the military, but I was assured since i started back when I was 35, a decision would be made based on that. Ugh!!!

Comment

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s saddening...I really feel for you. I’m in a similar boat with being a couple years away from aging out. I’m not an FLEO, but the only time I’ve heard (on these forums) about a non-vet getting an age waiver is from State Dept DSS. Someone was granted an age waiver because they were on the hiring register....which is basically being cleared for hire and waiting on a class date.

• amartinez19
        amartinez19 commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have anything official regarding the waiver? Was the email in an official format or did it appear template driven? I would confirm with your recruiter. I'm in your same boat regarding aging out. Last communication that I heard was that I was still being considered, but have not heard anything else.

• Does anyone know if getting a Private Pilots License would help get a leg-up in the process and maybe look a bit better to the Hiring Panel? I am in the middle of the background phase right now, and haven't been contacted by the BI to set up a personal interview yet. I did my discovery flight last week and really enjoyed it.

Comment

• probandparole16
        probandparole16 commented
        Editing a comment
        I submitted mine in early October. Has OPM contacted any of your references/jobs yet? I haven't heard anything from them.

• Blackhawk0990
        Blackhawk0990 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the same question and they wouldn’t let me add mine to my packet. I was told it wouldn’t really help until after I was on two years then could apply to the air wing.

• Blue Steel
        Blue Steel commented
        Editing a comment
        I was told by my AC that backgrounds were running 15+ months from OPM initiating it, so that might be the hold up. None of my references/jobs have been contacted yet.

Thanks for the information Blackhawk! I had read on the DEA website that you first had to be an agent for 2-3 years before applying to Air Wing but wasn't sure if it would have helped me stand out in the current applicant pool of quality candidates.

• Experimental
        Experimental commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s an extra thing to add to your resume, but I don’t see how it would put you above another candidate. If you have actual experience flying planes in the military or for a company and you have experience to speak to, then it can be to your advantage but just graduating and obtaining your license isn’t gonna do you much in terms of getting you a competitive edge. Especially since the DEA is a ground based law enforcement agency that specializes in drug investigations.

• Does anyone have an idea of how often the physical fitness test is retested in the process?

Comment

• Meat0177
        Meat0177 commented
        Editing a comment
        There was an applicant who failed for the second time when I took my PT test. The proctor stated that it could only be taken 2x before being taken out of the process, and had to be within 30 days of the original.

• Mach123
        Mach123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, I should of been more clear. I mean once you pass the initial PT test, afterwards how often do you need to retest?

• Meat0177
        Meat0177 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure. The agent that administered my test made it seem like I wouldn't. He just said stay in shape for the academy because you will be tested there.

• Anyone have their references contacted by a DOJ investigator without being notified beforehand? If so please pm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10633 users online. 496 members and 10137 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X