300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post

idk who you're referencing... I've already interviewed....
    list of folks who got the May 15-19 2017 email from HQ

Comment

• Anybody lurking here get on the 2017 announcement from May?

Intel I have from a reliable source:

DEA HQ is apparently getting ****ed about how long it is taking to hire new personnel. They are resorting to not posting announcements on usajobs (at least for SA slots) and simply letting the field offices collect information from interested people that took the time to call in. Every once and a while (last one in May) HQ sends out invites to apply to those that have expressed interest in an effort to limit the amount of applications they have to go through. Once HQ figures out those that meet minimum requirements, they will send lists down the field offices for further processing. However HQ will make the final decisions. Hopefully that means quicker turn around time for anyone that applied to the first 2017 announcement. Additionally, DEA is still working through all the 2016 applicants so if you are a 2016 applicant and havn't heard jack, you still may have some hope. Carry on.

36thID

Comment

• Originally posted by 36thID View Post
        Anybody lurking here get on the 2017 announcement from May?

DEA HQ is apparently getting ****ed about how long it is taking to hire new personnel. They are resorting to not posting announcements on usajobs (at least for SA slots) and simply letting the field offices collect information from interested people that took the time to call in. Every once and a while (last one in May) HQ sends out invites to apply to those that have expressed interest in an effort to limit the amount of applications they have to go through. Once HQ figures out those that meet minimum requirements, they will send lists down the field offices for further processing. However HQ will make the final decisions. Hopefully that means quicker turn around time for anyone that applied to the first 2017 announcement. Additionally, DEA is still working through all the 2016 applicants so if you are a 2016 applicant and havn't heard jack, you still may have some hope. Carry on.

36thID
        Yeah that last sentence sounds pretty consistent with what my field office told me. They were just processing 2016 applicants in March of this year..

Comment

• i was *told* that i was put in the May announcement, but haven't heard squat.

i wouldn't hold my breath for the DEA doing anything quickly in terms of processing.

Comment

• Originally posted by 36thID View Post
            Anybody lurking here get on the 2017 announcement from May?

36thID
            i did my interview last month and still waiting. a buddy of mine also did his interview last month and has already completed his psych and medical. so it is apparent there is no method to the madness...

Comment

• They are doing all the processing out of the field offices so you might get a high speed recruiter and you may not.

36thID

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything from the NYFO? I have been patiently waiting and have not been contacted by anyone since January, when I was told there would be vacancies at some point in March. I'm really eager to get started on the application process and I hope I didn't miss out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Franco2094 View Post
                  Has anyone heard anything from the NYFO? I have been patiently waiting and have not been contacted by anyone since January, when I was told there would be vacancies at some point in March. I'm really eager to get started on the application process and I hope I didn't miss out.
                  ye i already interviewed at the NYFO

Comment

• emaichbe03
                    emaichbe03 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i submitted my stuff to the NYFO in April and was told at the end of May that i was put in the may announcement.

haven't heard anything since.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                    ShockTroopDevilDog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hit them up again...

• Franco2094
                    Franco2094 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah I'm going to reach out to them again. Hopefully it's not too late

• I emailed a cover letter, resume, and college transcripts to "Matthew" from the DEA El Paso Field Office back in January of 2016. I didn't hear back and didn't want to bother anyone since I didn't see any USAjobs announcements. However, I did email Matthew back in mid-June to see if he had any feedback regarding my resume and transcripts. He emailed me back saying "Will let you know when we are accepting applications.. Matthew"

I take it this means I am qualified for the job. Anybody have any idea when they will be having another announcement? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrtezK View Post
                    I emailed a cover letter, resume, and college transcripts to "Matthew" from the DEA El Paso Field Office back in January of 2016. I didn't hear back and didn't want to bother anyone since I didn't see any USAjobs announcements. However, I did email Matthew back in mid-June to see if he had any feedback regarding my resume and transcripts. He emailed me back saying "Will let you know when we are accepting applications.. Matthew"

I take it this means I am qualified for the job. Anybody have any idea when they will be having another announcement? Thanks in advance.
                    it doesn't mean you are qualified for the job it means that he will get back to you. probably won't because if they wanted to, they would have already.

Comment

• OrtezK
                      OrtezK commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ShockTroopDevilDog

Sorry, I should have said that I sent in my resume back in January of 2017 and not in 2016. I have been applying with other federal agencies since 2016 and I am currently the hiring process with HSI.

Per the basic DEA SA requirements, I am "qualified." 10 point vet preference, two combat deployments with the Marine Corps as an Infantry Squad Leader and one peace keeping mission as an Infantry Platoon Sergeant, 4.5 years local police department experience (two years as a Narcotics Agent for a HIDTA Narcotics Task Force), and bilingual. All I need to do now is finish my BA degree (about one more year to go) to ensure I am well qualified. In the mean while, I hope I can get an opportunity to go through the hiring process since it can take a few years to get in. Thank you for thanking the time to reply.

• chipperjones
                      chipperjones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you don't have your degree, they wont take you...unless that has changed.

• So I spoke with the NYFO today and was asked to resubmit my resume and that I would be considered for the next announcement. I'm not exactly sure what that means though in terms of a timeline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Franco2094 View Post
                      So I spoke with the NYFO today and was asked to resubmit my resume and that I would be considered for the next announcement. I'm not exactly sure what that means though in terms of a timeline.
                      2-4 years prolly

Comment

• emaichbe03
                        emaichbe03 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        i would contact NYFO 1x/month. honestly. they just don't have the dedicated resources to do this process efficiently. very easy to slip through the cracks.

• Franco2094
                        Franco2094 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah I'm starting to learn that. Honestly, I wouldn't mind waiting a little bit longer so that I can finish my master's degree, but it would be nice to know where I stand as of now. DEA special agent has always been my dream job and I'll keep trying if I have to.I thought the process would run a bit smoother considering it's a federal agency

• emaichbe03
                        emaichbe03 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        you have more than enough time, trust me. you will have 2 years, at least.

the NYFO is probably the biggest office for the DEA. just on shear volume of applicants alone, they will have the most, but they still only have 1 recruiter, and part-time, I believe.

compound that with this schedule B hiring that is inherently less structured than the USA jobs route and this is what happens. the people who will get hired will be those that are qualified, obviously, but stay on top of it every month.

• I'm apparently NBQ.
                      Last edited by Deathcrown; Today, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
                        Lone-ranger commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Damn. Sorry to hear that.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                        Editing a comment
                        did you reach out and inquire for this info or did they contact you? and how long after your interview did they tell you this?

• I'm out.
                      Last edited by Deathcrown; Today, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                        Editing a comment
                        ye send pm

• Blue Steel
                        Blue Steel commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sorry to hear that man, Don't fret, just reapply and work harder towards your goal. This is the 4th time I have gone through the process and was booted for written test, PT, and then failed panel Interview with many years separation in all the processes. It's tough, I can feel your pain on that especially when we put a lot of work in on these processes.

Last edited by Deathcrown; Yesterday, 08:31 AM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11840 users online. 506 members and 11334 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X