300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHS-OIG 1 day announcement 8/25

There was a one day announcement on 8/25 for Savannah, GA at 7/9 that advertised "many" vacancies, and accepted the first 100 apps. I'm a current 1811-13 but would bust to a 9 to get Savannah!

Anyone know if they are expanding the office down there or what else may have caused these several vacancies?

Can any current hhs-oig agents shed light on what work arrangements are with the oig? I.e.- do you go to office everyday, or work more in the field, or somewhere in between? General morale, etc. thank you!

Got my application in for this and the Jackson, MS posting. Was also surprised to see "many vacancies" for an office in Savannah .

Comment

Originally posted by super62 View Post
      There was a one day announcement on 8/25 for Savannah, GA at 7/9 that advertised "many" vacancies, and accepted the first 100 apps. I'm a current 1811-13 but would bust to a 9 to get Savannah!

Anyone know if they are expanding the office down there or what else may have caused these several vacancies?

Can any current hhs-oig agents shed light on what work arrangements are with the oig? I.e.- do you go to office everyday, or work more in the field, or somewhere in between? General morale, etc. thank you!
      I can't see Savannah having too large an office - but who knows?

I haven't talked to one in a while, but they basically do fraud case and they do HHS Secretary protection. Quite a bit of travel and morale was okay, but again that was a while ago.

On the plus side for running and gunning 1811's. It's basically a 9:00 -7:00 job (with LEAP).
      They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
        I can't see Savannah having too large an office - but who knows?

I haven't talked to one in a while, but they basically do fraud case and they do HHS Secretary protection. Quite a bit of travel and morale was okay, but again that was a while ago.

On the plus side for running and gunning 1811's. It's basically a 9:00 -7:00 job (with LEAP).
        Last time I talked to one of their agents, he said Monday and Friday were also telework . Only in the office T/W/T. Now , I don't know if this was just one office and temporary . Nonetheless , I found that interesting. Never heard of that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone-2 View Post
          Last time I talked to one of their agents, he said Monday and Friday were also telework . Only in the office T/W/T. Now , I don't know if this was just one office and temporary . Nonetheless , I found that interesting. Never heard of that before.
          Teleworking grew quite a bit in the fed sector (with congressional pressure). It makes perfect sense to allow them to telework. They do fieldwork Tues-Thurs and write up their interviews/reports on Friday and Monday.
          They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Don't read too much into the "many vacancies" clause fellas. This is the 3 or 4th vacancy announcement HHS has done this year that worded the announcement in a manner indicating many will be hired but in actuality only a minimal number of any are brought on. They love to use the budget as an excuse and that may have flown once or twice but not as many times as they use it. Seems to be HHS m.o lately.

Just keep it in perspective, the likelihood that this vacancy is tailored for a single non-Leo already working in their office is strong. It's just my guess though based on past experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by kwaz View Post
              Don't read too much into the "many vacancies" clause fellas. This is the 3 or 4th vacancy announcement HHS has done this year that worded the announcement in a manner indicating many will be hired but in actuality only a minimal number of any are brought on. They love to use the budget as an excuse and that may have flown once or twice but not as many times as they use it. Seems to be HHS m.o lately.

Just keep it in perspective, the likelihood that this vacancy is tailored for a single non-Leo already working in their office is strong. It's just my guess though based on past experiences.
              Good thing it's free to apply!

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone-2 View Post
                Good thing it's free to apply!
                That's the beauty of it my friend! 1 in a million shot is always better than zero in a million.

I should reiterate that my comment above is nothing more than my speculation based on this past years vacancies. I know nothing official. Best of luck to all!

Comment

Originally posted by kwaz View Post

HHS has been odd this year most definitely. I would have to agree that these announcements are for specific people, but it is free to apply...

Comment

I'm proof positive that sometimes "one vacancy' 1811 announcements are really open to people without hooks, but you never know when that is or isn't the case!

If an HHS-OIG agent can PM me I have a few questions Id like to ask offline

Comment

I can't speak for the Feds, but when state government where I'm at advertises "one day only" it means they only have one vacancy and they have already selected who they are going to hire.
                      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by super62 View Post
                        I'm proof positive that sometimes "one vacancy' 1811 announcements are really open to people without hooks, but you never know when that is or isn't the case!

If an HHS-OIG agent can PM me I have a few questions Id like to ask offline
                        For what it is worth, I applied to a desirable job in a very desirable city one time that had one vacancy available, and was selected. I believe after I accepted and then declined it, they ended up hiring 3 off of it anyways, which was their plan from the get go.
                        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9247 users online. 383 members and 8864 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X