300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFOSI Lateral

Any agents lurking and want to PM me? Have a lateral in the hopper and I am trying to get some Intel on the day to day.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 1811orBust View Post
    Any agents lurking and want to PM me? Have a lateral in the hopper and I am trying to get some Intel on the day to day.

I was not aware OSI took laterals. Was there an announcement or was it by resume?

Comment

There was an announcement back around April/May for GS-13s for sex crimes.

Comment

Don't do it unless you want to be micromanaged and treated like a military member for the next 3-5 years. The 13 isn't worth it. Also this position doesn't involve thinking outside the box, instead you will be running cases according to a checklist and will publish ROIs after they have passed the sniff test of agents that are no longer doing investigations at your region office. Oh and this position includes doing Abusive Sexual Contact "butt rub" cases. While you're sitting there listening to other crim agents talk about drug cases or CI cases, you'll be discussing whether or not someone got sexually pleasure off brushing someone's knee their hand. Also folks that enter into the SAPR positions typically get stuck in that field the rest of their career. Unless you are not a 1811 yet, OSI isn't the agency to lateral to.

Comment

It is a lateral position, so that would mandate all applicants are already 1811s....

I appreciate the insight. I've heard similar things from others, though not quite as harsh.

Comment

I only provided info because I'm currently a agent with OSI and a buddy of my did a lateral from Forest Service to OSI doing SAPR for his 13 and he absolutely regrets it now.

Comment

Originally posted by LE View Post
              Don't do it unless you want to be micromanaged and treated like a military member for the next 3-5 years. The 13 isn't worth it. Also this position doesn't involve thinking outside the box, instead you will be running cases according to a checklist and will publish ROIs after they have passed the sniff test of agents that are no longer doing investigations at your region office. Oh and this position includes doing Abusive Sexual Contact "butt rub" cases. While you're sitting there listening to other crim agents talk about drug cases or CI cases, you'll be discussing whether or not someone got sexually pleasure off brushing someone's knee their hand. Also folks that enter into the SAPR positions typically get stuck in that field the rest of their career. Unless you are not a 1811 yet, OSI isn't the agency to lateral to.
              That is the nightmare of UCMJ. Prior to 2008, Abusive Sexual Contact was Indecent Assault, but has since changed. From my experience with Army CID, GS-13's aren't super micromanaged, in fact on the Army side they are the SVU Team Chiefs. I don't know how OSI works with civilians, but that's what we have.

Comment

Any further input out there?

Comment

Anyone here put in for the lateral announcement back in November '16?

Comment

Originally posted by Untouchable802 View Post
                    Anyone here put in for the lateral announcement back in November '16?
                    I put in for it, got my invite to interview a few days back.

Comment

Originally posted by squid467 View Post

I put in for it, got my invite to interview a few days back.
                      Same here. I'll send you a PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8598 users online. 308 members and 8290 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X