300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyber Career Opportunities

Can anyone recommend law enforcement careers that deal with cyber crimes? I will have my computer science degree soon and want to get a feel for what positions I should be looking for. I recently applied for the July 2016 HSI Investigator position. Also, I have a degree in criminal justice with a concentration in homeland security already. Thanks!

There are criminal investigator/Special Agent/1811 positions, as well as support positions, in most federal agencies, as well as local/state departments, that focus on Cyber Crimes. Check out Secret Service, FBI, Postal Inspection Service, NCIS, AFOSI, and even ATF. There are also plenty of opportunities in the military branches and in the Intelligence Community.

Comment

Literally every agency in the near future will be chomping at the bit for guys like you (if they aren't already). What was your focus (i.e. digital forensics, cyber security, etc)? Either way you have a leg up, just articulate it well on your resume and you will be golden. I've gotten to do some very basic digital forensics work with my agency and I liked it so much I am pursuing another Masters in it and getting a couple of certifications too.

Comment

Thanks guys! Right now I'm focusing a lot of software engineering/security in school. Going to start doing more research on stuff to teach myself at home though. Digital forensics definitely sounds like something to explore.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5872 users online. 174 members and 5698 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X