Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are other opportunities within the intelligence community that may interest you. Research the occupation(s), go to the respective agency's website. Review the job requirements so you can better prepare yourself. Apply when you are ready to compete, these positions are very competitive; however, like the above post stayed, a lot of luck involved. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As someone who has been round the block, I'll give you my two cents.
      It's always nice for a change of scenery. Going from gun and badge to a cube was something that took some time getting used to. I did a lot of cool stuff, went to some cool places, and ultimately gained a boatload of experiences. Your mileage will vary. Some analysts in the USIC hate their jobs, some love it, and others are meh.
      Research as many positions as possible. With 16ish agencies in the USIC, each agency tends to have a different flavor. Some agencies are very mil focused, some are rule of law, and some are just random.
      I completely understand being a slave to the radio and dealing with dumb people, but dumb people are everywhere. EVERYWHERE!

Here's a great link to get you started if you want to go the entry level route.
      https://www.fbijobs.gov/career-paths...gence-analysts
      Depending on budget and time of service, you can get student loans covered or even get a degree on the agency's dime. Best of luck with your endeavors!

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for all the helpful insight. Its really great to get all these perspectives, and was exactly the type of broad experience levels etc. I was looking for. I haven't ruled out staying in law enforcement, because there are certain elements I love, but at the same time I'd like to broaden my horizons. Again, thanks guys, and all of you be safe. You never know when you'll be in the fight for your life!

Comment

Originally posted by rms0012 View Post
          Guys,

Thanks for all the helpful insight. Its really great to get all these perspectives, and was exactly the type of broad experience levels etc. I was looking for. I haven't ruled out staying in law enforcement, because there are certain elements I love, but at the same time I'd like to broaden my horizons. Again, thanks guys, and all of you be safe. You never know when you'll be in the fight for your life!
          Why would you not try and go 1811 at fbi or one of the big alphabets? It is part of both communities.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10469 users online. 417 members and 10052 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X