300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sthrone11 View Post
    I understand where you are coming from... but that was a different time. I never earned anything, I just spent what was given to me. My life is different now. Trust me, life has shown me a harsh reality that I am facing now.
    Then all you can do is tell the truth about your life story, and let the chips fall where they fall.

Thing about LE is... core values show pretty quick. Maybe you have what's required, and your life story reflects such. Maybe your a catfish. I don't know. BS only gets one so far, then it exposes itself. That's what I know.
    One day, lad, this will all be yours.

Comment

Last edited by sthrone11; 02-23-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Move to FL. An agency there will hire you in a heartbeat.................

This idiot I was in the Navy with was hooked for DV in 2013. He was hired by some backwoods agency in FL....

With today's climate and the attraction of qualified candidates for this profession, local LE isn't as challenging to get into anymore as you would think.......... Throw your name in some hats; you'll be fine.
        Last edited by IroqouisB; 07-19-2016, 06:44 AM.
        "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

Originally posted by IroqouisB View Post
          Move to FL. An agency there will hire you in a heartbeat.................

This idiot I was in the Navy with was hooked for DV in 2013. He was hired by some backwoods agency in FL....

With today's climate and the attraction of qualified candidates for this profession, local LE isn't as challenging to get into anymore as you would think.......... Throw your name in some hats; you'll be fine.
          I agree fully. Especially if these mass police executions continue you will see an exodus of good cops leave state and local law enforcement. On the flip side I think you will see them flood the federal market (0083 field) because of the similar pay, better benefits, job stability, and the illusion of safety. Moreover, many state and local cops I have talked to believe standards will be lowered in order to attract warm bodies. This will be bad for all involved, the public and the few good cops who decide to stay around.

Comment

Last edited by sthrone11; 02-23-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Just apply. Only way to find out.

Comment

Last edited by sthrone11; 02-23-2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

You should always apply and see what happens. If a felon can become president, you can become a cop. It's what makes this country great!

Comment

I have been on more than a few interview panels during my time with the Feds. The tickets are not a big deal depending on how long ago they were, and depending on the infraction. IE, Speeding is worse than an illegal right on red turn...

The arrest may or may not be a big deal, depends on the full story, mitigating circumstances, the actual charge etc.

But with your bankruptcy only a year old, you wont get a security clearance. So any Fed LEO job that requires any level of clearance above "LE sensitive" is going to pass you over.

Nothing personal, but bankruptcy is a very big deal when you are being investigated for a national security clearance at any level. Most times anything more recent than 5 years is an automatic DQ for Secret Level and above. I worked with guys who had some personal demons and ran into money problems. When the job found out, they immediately lost their clearance and were suspended and then later fired. Very few Fed LE positions that require an S or TS clearance will let you keep your job if you lose that clearance for any reason.

Smaller local level police departments would be a better bet in regards to the bankruptcy, but they also may frown on the other issues with tickets and the arrest.

I would give it at least a year or maybe two, build up your credit and put some distance between you and your issues before you bother trying. Walk the straight and narrow path, pay your bills and dont get anymore tickets and you should be good to go with a better background that shows you put your problems behind you and changed your life around.

Comment

Last edited by sthrone11; 02-23-2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8777 users online. 370 members and 8407 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X