Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the call and subsequent official offer. EOD 30 Sept. Waiting for HSISAT date. Current 1811. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      So quick question, did you ever do the poly?

• WireFan2017
      WireFan2017 commented
      Editing a comment
      Poly wasn’t part of the 2016 announcement. But I did have a poly and clearance from previous employer. Are they making some 2016 applicants take a poly?

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. Another forum indicated that those of us that have been in medical purgatory may have to renew an expired medical. This was one post but after having their waiver approved they told them medical expired.. ridiculous. If you didn’t have that problem maybe I won’t.

• Anyone else supposedly done with everything and nothing but crickets ? Re-drug tested almost two months ago.

Comment

• CFAV
      CFAV commented
      Editing a comment
      My boss told me yesterday, due to the CR (budget issues) there would be no new FLETC classes scheduled until after the new year. Maybe Feb time frame. Just gets you more time to get ready and wait.

• Couple weeks ago I was told my medical/drug test was expired and if I was still interested. I said yes and got a call a few days later to just renew the drug test (since medical was still actually good). A week or so after drug test got the call and looks like will be going to Nogales. Anyone on here work at Nogales that can PM me so I can ask some housing type questions etc?

Comment

• CFAV
      CFAV commented
      Editing a comment
      You're gonna wanna live around Sahuarita...it's kinda a fed town.

• Got the email...cleared medical waiver! Did medical last june, got the fail/waiver option 2 months ago, and a just shy of a month after submitting the waiver...i got the pass.

Comment

• socalpdcadet
      socalpdcadet commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! I had a similar timeline with my medical review and just got the waiver clearance last month.

• Got the call! Several options out of San Antonio and San Diego. Problem is we’re expecting our first child and I just got a huge raise. Gotta talk it over with the wife and see, timing would of been better last year but I was in med review.

Comment

• CFAV
      CFAV commented
      Editing a comment
      Life always gets in the way... what was the start date? Heard no new academies until next year.

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      It was sometime in January and a possible one in December.

• CFAV
      CFAV commented
      Editing a comment
      that makes sense...i figure my call should be around next year. Best luck with the choice! Sent a pm

• I lateraled in and got my CITP waiver, anyone got any info on getting badge/gun/gov/etc while waiting for HSISAT? That happening. My office here not moving real quick on that and I keep hearing of people basically working while waiting to go to HSISAT....

Comment

• Just accepted the e-mail offer today. Was offered San Antonio AOR and will be on the border. Already on the border so it won't be much of a change. How long now to get an EOD/Academy date?

Comment

• socalpdcadet
        socalpdcadet commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats. I got the email offer this week also for LA. The lady said HR would get back to me next week to discuss EOD/Salary.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        The salary isn't really up for debate. If you're not a current fed employee, you will be hired as a GL-7 or 9, which you can determine based on earlier documents and qualifications laid out in stuff sent to you. Then you look at the LA pay table and that's that.

• socalpdcadet
        socalpdcadet commented
        Editing a comment
        Currently a 12 step 4 so I'm assuming I'll get a 9/10 hopefully.

• Anyone else going to CITP on Dec 16?

Also, just curious, does anyone know how understaffed HSI is currently or how many more agents they are trying to hire?

Comment

• DoD88
        DoD88 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm going Dec 2. Seems like a pretty decent amount.

• Took an HSI direct hire offer to Alaska...im out of this 3.5 year science project lol

Comment

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn that's hardcore. Was that the only opening they offered?

• CFAV
        CFAV commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't get picked for the office I applied to for the direct hire, but then emails started coming in from other offices that needed bodies. I picked Alaska over San Fran, Chicago, and Hawaii.... I still could have waited to get my EOD from this announcement, but I figured Alaska would be better than the SW border in my situation.

• Can anybody who recently get the email offer tell me how long it took to hear from HR with the EOD date? The email said I'd be contacted in a week but it's been 3 weeks now and still crickets.
      BPA
      Written (87) 11/29/10
      NOR 12/3/10
      TSL1 07/26/11
      Poly 08/15/11
      PT 08/22/11
      Drug Test 09/02/11
      OB 09/13/11
      BI meeting 10/10/11
      TSU 06/29/12

CBPO
      Written (79) 12/07/10
      NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
      NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
      TSL1 06/14/11
      Poly 08/15/11
      Medical and PT 08/22/11
      VBT/SI 08/26/11
      Drug Test 09/02/11
      BI meeting 10/10/11
      TSU 06/21/12
      EOD 08/13/12
      FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

Comment

• DoD88
        DoD88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Email offer?

Typically you'll first get a call about locations and then a call about dates. You'll typically get the official EOD email about a week before you EOD and reporting instructions a few days before you EOD if you don't reach out and ask.

• Alright, you're probably going to roll your eyes and be like, "who's this guy with another dumb question," but ... does anyone know or heard of another hiring window opening up for HSI? (I missed March's opening)

And kuddos to all that have been hanging in there with the black-hole of hiring through a formal process or the direct hire program.

Comment

• Finally got location offers yesterday.
        • San Antonio: Laredo, McAllen, Del Rio
        • San Diego: San Diego, Calexico, San Ysidro
        Too bad I got picked up on the Direct Hire

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11567 users online. 471 members and 11096 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X