X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response above ^

Comment

• Got the call for San Francisco
      Last edited by PineconePatrol; 04-02-2019, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Nieto2588
        Nieto2588 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! Did the call come Monday?

• DoD88
        DoD88 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've heard of others being allowed to request an extension on their EOD. I know I plan on asking whenever I get the call. It's a little hard to uproot everything in 30 days after waiting for something that may or may not happen for 3 years.

• PineconePatrol
        PineconePatrol commented
        Editing a comment
        Didn't work out
        Last edited by PineconePatrol; 04-02-2019, 04:49 PM.

• So I submitted my medical waiver last week. That’s after being in medical follow up purgatory since April. Anyone know what the average time to get the call or have a waiver accepted is? I looked around the Delphi forums and I saw a month wasn’t unheard of.

Comment

• CFAV
        CFAV commented
        Editing a comment
        What did they deny you on that you're looking to get waived? If you don't mind me asking. Assuming you did your medical, they asked for follow-up and then they denied you something.

• CFAV, Pm sent

Comment

• Any rumors? Words from medical or PEC this week??

Comment

• From reading the delphi forum, it seems like Direct Hires are the focus of the medical staff right now. One said his waiver cleared this week, so I'm assuming that they have a much faster medical timeline than those of us still left from the 2015 and 2016 announcements.

Comment

• I submitted my medical follow up May last year. I heard through a contact I’ll have a waiver coming to me to fill out. What they want in my waiver?? Letters from supervisors at my job in law enforcement showing I have no limitations... I submitted those with my follow up last year !! One hand don’t know what the other hands doing. So now I’m delayed further even though I submitted everything they would ask for 10 months ago.

Comment

• WireFan2017
              WireFan2017 commented
              Editing a comment
              Dude that really sucks. I’m in the same boat. Gave them all that info for medical follow up last April and just got my waiver email like 5 weeks ago. The only additional thing is the waiver to sign that appears to be like liability verbiage. I have heard the waiver step isn’t going to be something they deny, for the most part, just a CYA they need. So essentially most that provide the waiver will get the call but unfortunately it adds more to the timeline. What locations did you put in for?

• blok2400
              blok2400 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah.. it’s just I already gave them what they needed. I put in for San Diego, San Antonio, and Maine

• WireFan2017
              WireFan2017 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I gave them everything already as well. It was the same job description, letters from current /previous supervisors. Frustrating.

• Any news on the remaining 2016 testers? Sounds like the new announcement will post on usajobs on Monday.

Comment

• PineconePatrol
              PineconePatrol commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been hearing different dates. Is Monday from a reliable source?

• Nieto2588
              Nieto2588 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve been hearing “by the 4th” and some say it’s for an analyst positions...I’m not sure anyone on here is certain.

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Anyone who tells you a date and that they are certain is full of it. Even if HQ has a date on paper, doesn't mean it'll actually post then. Evidence: see last DH

• Been fully cleared since 11/2018. Anyone else have a longer wait? From previous posts, it looks like most people get EOD within a couple of months after clearing the hiring process. I spoke with HR recently and was told I'm awaiting the call and this wait time is pretty typical. I guess it's hurry up and wait...

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Just use this time to PT and get ready! It'll happen soon enough.

• Nieto2588
              Nieto2588 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Battle. I’m a gym rat, so that’s one of the areas I have nailed down. A little extra cardio couldn’t hurt I suppose. Just got to make sure it doesn’t steal my gainz!

• Well... direct hire was opened a few days ago and closed yesterday. My SAC told me to apply to it lol. Maybe that will speed up my medical review!

Comment

• CFAV
              CFAV commented
              Editing a comment
              Nieto2588 Yeah, I might have posted after the fact... but the truth is it don't matter. If you didn't know, you would never get hired. Direct hire means SACs pick their choices and you'd have to be in the loop to get selected. Last year Dallas messed it all up, this time I heard they were bypassing the Dallas HR to get this done.

• Nieto2588
              Nieto2588 commented
              Editing a comment
              I posted on Delphi to alert anyone interested in applying. A lot of guys aren't really in the loop, but if they monitor these forums enough, they should catch the announcements in time. I am also not a fan of trying to become friends with the agents at your local office. Let them get to know you after you're hired. Sure, maybe inquire and put your name out there, but don't try for the unfair advantage. It's an ethical issue.

I think many guys that were interested in applying heard about it in time and got their paperwork in. I don't really care if I'm "competing" with 1 other guy or 1 million. If it's supposed to happen, it will. It's just funny that people are hoarding info because they're worried about others applying. These are coveted positions, but no need to try holding others back.

• CFAV
              CFAV commented
              Editing a comment
              Nieto2588 nothing to hoard here. I work as an 1801 GS-13 now...I work hand-in-hand with 1811s and upper management everyday. I'm just expressing how messed up the system is. Seeing is how i'm already in the pipeline (2016) and my SAC told me to apply for direct hire goes to show how jacked up everything is. He felt it might make the process faster as dumb as it is.

• Nieto2588
              Nieto2588 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not talking about you specifically; there's just a lot of guys on here that are super secretive about it and play childish games. Anyways, from a post in the new HSI thread, it appears that the SAC's have already contacted applicants that they wanted to interview first. This is coming from H.R. I'm sure they'll test more, but I'm originally a 2016 tester as well, so neither of us are awaiting interviews or anything else they have going on.

• Jesus you guys are taking 2+ years to get hired? Anyone here get hired quickly because they were in DHS before? Any CBP or BP Agents?
            Current BPA. LET ME OUT!!

Comment

• WireFan2017
              WireFan2017 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey DoD88, are you saying you received word
              Today or this week that you have submit new paperwork for you vision? Cus that would mean they’re looking at our medical packages/waivers

• Lovetocamp
              Lovetocamp commented
              Editing a comment
              The delphi forums are always full off people that have taken too much of the Koolaid. Talk **** about BP for example and everyone ****s on you even if you're a BP agent.

Good to know the DH announcements are faster though. I had to update my app though wilm that push it to the bottom even if i had originally submitted it 20 mins after the announcement posted?

• Nieto2588
              Nieto2588 commented
              Editing a comment
              Lovetocamp - Yeah, there's previous posts that suggest not updating your application after submission because it'll make it look like that's when you applied. The DH indicated that applications would be reviewed in the order received. So, I think only the guys that applied early will get the invites.

• DoD88
              DoD88 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wirefan2017, it was the last week in March. Although, I wouldn't get too excited. It took them a year to decide that they did like my first medical follow up that had passing results to send me another medical follow up.

• This whole process is a **** show for sure!
            Last edited by CFAV; 04-15-2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• I think this group of applicants is attempting to set a new record for the longest hiring process in the limited history of HSI. I hope most of you applied to the recent DH because it makes for a much smoother hiring process.

Comment

• MAA
                MAA commented
                Editing a comment
                Taking about 30 days reporting or bust....

I got the call in Fall 2018. Told them my wife and I were expecting at the exact time of starting FLETC. They said “tough luck,” academy & job starts on such and such day with or with out you.

No reprieve, no start laters, nothing. This is one reason I won’t take a job with HSI now.

• AgentNitro
                AgentNitro commented
                Editing a comment
                They’re required by law (FMLA) to grant the leave of you're an employee. It would likely be unpaid leave, but they’d have to push your academy back. Sure, they may not like it since you’d be a brand new employee, but they cannot deny it.

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/benefits-leave/fmla

• MAA
                MAA commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m a current Fed, so I’d have the time, however they weren’t interested in starting me later. I called another HR rep in DHS and she got back to me and said that HSI wanted folks in before the FY2019 started and there wasn’t any room to negotiate.

Was a bummer for sure.

• DoD88
                DoD88 commented
                Editing a comment
                MAA, were you 2016 or DH?

• Got word from Dallas that my waiver has been approved. I hope the call comes soon. Don’t need CITP so just an EOD. Good luck to everyone. I guess the medical review board met and may be meeting again this week?

Comment

• Anyone get anything yet? Should be today or tomorrow!
                Current BPA. LET ME OUT!!

Comment

• Tommy_V
                  Tommy_V commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This thread is for the 2016 job announcement.

• Lovetocamp
                  Lovetocamp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  **** thanks, didn't read it right.

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  food for thought, if whatever your comment was referring to was some timeline the announcement said, such as 'results will be returned in XX number of days' or 'applicants will receive notice in XX' days, youre going to have an aneurysm if you take those timelines at face value. About the second or third time you hear '2 weeks' and it takes 4 months, youll have gone crazy.

• Lovetocamp
                  Lovetocamp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah I went crazy already when I was hired for BP when my background took 6 months to clear. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow based on everyone else's responses then I'll just wait patiently and let this app sit in the waiting list with the others.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7359 users online. 302 members and 7057 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X