Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good rumors? I'm on month 9 of medical follow up review. Let's hope we all start hearing something. I check every two weeks and get the standard, pending OHC Medical..

Comment

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      what was yours for if you don't mind me asking? VA?

• BigE
      BigE commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you asking me chipperjones?

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, big, asking wire. But you had VA rating too and were cleared right?

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      8 months in medical follow up. Word from an agent I know is most of the SACs are extremely frustrated with this bogged down hiring process... particularly the medical. He says they just hired a bunch of contractor docs to speed things up. With that says, my other 1811 process had no medical follow up and I’ll likley take a job from them before I get an offer here.. plus no boarder spot.

• PM sent chipper.

Comment

• It's been a month yesterday since I got the email saying I'm good to get hired. But, no "call" yet. I'm sure it has something to do with the holidays and the budget wrangling in D.C., but I though someone on here might be able to offer some insight.

Comment

• Anyone know if the run in the academy completed on the track in groups or all at once? Also, are the sit ups done in the gym on a mat or track etc and what’s the feet’s required position?

Comment

• Originally posted by Noentiendo View Post
          Anyone know if the run in the academy completed on the track in groups or all at once? Also, are the sit ups done in the gym on a mat or track etc and what’s the feet’s required position?
          It's all done outdoors on track, even if it is raining and 43°, and together. Situps are standard position for feet, with someone kneeling on them.
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Thanks! I appreciate it.

Comment

• Well I was given das boot, for failed Polygraph guys, I cant believe it after 2 1/2 years...gone... for a process that was just initiated like 4 months ago, horrible. Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• chipperjones
                chipperjones commented
                Editing a comment
                Last week I found out, but only after I asked about my status...I think 8m the only person I know that was DQ for this, vet with VA rating and Current DHS employee

• CFAV
                CFAV commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry man.. I'm in the same boat with ya... 2.5 years waiting, Vet and current HSI guy. Although I'm in med hold, haven't been asked to poly yet. This process if absolutely appalling! One of our local task force guys applied in the June direct hire... he's already at FLETC!

• triniboy05
                triniboy05 commented
                Editing a comment
                CFAV so you’re current HSI and in the HSI process?

• chipperjones
                chipperjones commented
                Editing a comment
                Omg, that's horrible CFAV. I dont see how they can only give the poly to some and not all, then DQ someone for failing a poly? But if they didn't poly me then I go on and get hired? It literally makes no sense. It's like saying ok, everyone go run a mile...except you guys, you guys are cool. How is any of this fair and even hiring practice if some of us are being subjected to different hiring standards?

• triniboy05 yeah, Im an 1801 GS-13... I'm applying for the 1811 position. Granted I understand some people are hoping to get this job and quit working at Wal-Mart or whatever, nonetheless I still want to be a SA within the agency. What i meant by that is, I have come across a few bitter people that when I tell them I'm already a GS13... they think I should be happy and not seek to "take away" a position from someone else or something.

Comment

• triniboy05
                triniboy05 commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh okay got ya, that’s cool. I don’t look at it as “taking it away” from anyone else. What God has for you, is for you, and the same applies to them. All you can do is your part, good luck with everything.

• CFAV
                CFAV commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, that's how I see it too. Never stop going after what you want in life!

• izamsilas
                izamsilas commented
                Editing a comment
                Assuming you're a TEO then? I mean, in reality that grass is definitely not any greener, but good luck. Have you considered what happens with your current position should they require a poly and there are issues?

• Got the call. I thought the gov was supposed to be shut-down!

Offered El Paso or Albuquerque. Chose El Paso.

Comment

• CFAV
                CFAV commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice! What locations did you pick when you applied? I messed up and picked San Antonio instead of El Paso. Great guys over in El Paso!

• chipperjones
                chipperjones commented
                Editing a comment
                You weren't Polygraphed were you Big E? I can believe they kicked me from the process for failing something not everyone has to do...

• I got the call today too. Offered LA or SF, went with LA. EOD Feb 4th and start FLETC on Feb 5th.

Comment

• ericville
                ericville commented
                Editing a comment
                No poly - just a simple medical follow-up for LASIK.

• chipperjones
                chipperjones commented
                Editing a comment
                Incredible how the ones that did the poly are getting ****ing wrecked while others didn't even do it...unbelievable.

• CFAV
                CFAV commented
                Editing a comment
                chipperjones maybe his background is different than yours? I have a TS-SCI with HSI, that **** is way more in-depth than a poly would be? I would hope I dont have to poly...

• chipperjones
                chipperjones commented
                Editing a comment
                CFAV Ive had multiple TS SCI in the mil as well as passing other Polys before, And I am current DHS. I have access to like maybe like 20 systems? as an HSI employee I don't think you will be polygraphed. to be honest I haven't heard anyone getting any more polys since early December...But there is other people that aren't current fed or LEO and just skating on by with no polys, SMDH

• Head in the sand, mouth shut.
              Best motto out there.

Comment

• Well, I finally got some form of update from Dallas after a call I made to them. Apparently my file has updated doctor notes, meaning doctors are talking amongst themselves about my stuff. Citing "HIPAA", she coulnd't tell me what they wrote (stupid, because it's my information that I verified with name, DOB and last 4)... but said at least they have hands on your package now.

Comment

• I e-mailed DSC a few weeks ago inquiring as to my status. I completed the poly (last step) back in November and my BI was wrapping up at that point. They replied indicating that I'm "fully cleared pending a job offer". They stated that I'll be contacted when a location that I applied for becomes available. I picked all large western ports, so I'm assuming several have vacancies. Anyone in the same spot as me -- just waiting on an academy date? Am I likely to receive the call in the next couple of weeks? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• WireFan2017
                    WireFan2017 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah man pretty much if you’re all cleared it’s just a matter of your locations freeing up and there being an academy spot which there should be. What locations did you put in for?

• Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Antonio.. I’m thinking Los Angeles is going to be the most likely offer.

Comment

• DoD88
                    DoD88 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I also put in for LA and SD. Keep me posted on what they offer.

• Nieto2588
                    Nieto2588 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    DoD - Check you inbox, I sent you a PM.

• Has anyone heard when the next opening is being posted?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12215 users online. 484 members and 11731 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X