300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by javedn16 View Post
    Heading down to FLETC today, anyone else heading there today also?
    how was the first day? did the make you do flutter kicks and hose you down while making you recite the HSI creed?

Comment

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      No that's USMS pre-basic. Ask me how I know.

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, battle it is pretty well documented you have been around the federal block a few times...you 6c covered slut you... But for reals? The USMS pre-basic is like that? That's pretty funny.

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      All while wearing a suit. The actual USMS add on is significantly more brutal, but I missed out on that fun.

6c whore indeed. 6c or die, anything else a waste of time!

• I haven't received the call yet. From what I was informed, all academy classes for the rest of the year are full.

Comment

• cmor5150
      cmor5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      FY or calendar year?

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      yea, I think they are full for December, looks like January will be for when the new classes start. Judging by past applicants timeline, calls should be going out in the next few weeks for January, hell of a way to start the new year...

• BigE
      BigE commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm thinking calendar year.

• CFAV
      CFAV commented
      Editing a comment
      They only have one class in Dec anyways...not surprising it's full. They have class dates all the way out to the end of this fiscal year, no way they are all filled.

• chipperjones Yeah, I'm also thinking the little impending budget wars in Washington might slow us up a bit. Hopefully not too bad though.

Comment

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      yea I agree, Big E did you have medical follow-up or no?

• BigE
      BigE commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I did. Had to have it done and turned in back on June 30th.

• Anyone else have an upcoming EOD that is in the dark? Signed and returned my acknowledgment letter two weeks ago and haven’t heard a thing. Followed up several times with HR and no response. Furloughs? EOD is 12/9 and FLETC 12/18
    thanks for any insight
    Last edited by kwest10; 11-30-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Wise135
      Wise135 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the same situation as you. Based on what I've read from others, they didn't hear anything until a week before EOD, some even as late as three days before EOD.

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      Man that sucks, the 9th. If you EOD day before or even the same day but before it actually happens (EOD 8AM and then shutdown at 11AM), you'd be good to go. But not sure what would happen if you moved and were at a hotel overnight the day before and it shuts down, since you won't be able to EOD. But hopefully they'd resolve it quickly, even if it shut down again a week later.

• They must be reading my posts. Just got my official offer letter but not much detail (said would come later)

Comment

• Wise135
      Wise135 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got one too.

• kwest10
      kwest10 commented
      Editing a comment
      In your EOD did it give an address? My duty location is supposed to be different from my main SAC but not response as to which office I should report to on EOD. Also, any word on Xmas leave if you have no annual leave? Go negative?

• So, what's the rumor now? Everyone who has gotten cleared has to get hired by April of 19? Then what? Can anyone weigh in on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigE View Post
      So, what's the rumor now? Everyone who has gotten cleared has to get hired by April of 19? Then what? Can anyone weigh in on that?
      Why April 2019?

Comment

• BigE
        BigE commented
        Editing a comment
        Just a date associated with a rumor I heard. I'm not even sure myself.

• I asked this a long time ago. As long as you received your TO before the expiration date, then you are all good in the hood.

Comment

• BigE
        BigE commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah. So you just have to get the tentative offer before your application's "certificate" expires then.

• Just notified FLETC is crowded and may have to double up on rooms. Fun times!

Comment

• Lamp Lighter
        Lamp Lighter commented
        Editing a comment
        VERY crowded. In addition to the rooming situation, the crowding at the chow hall and the gym can make things quite unpleasant.

• kwest10
        kwest10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Delete ......
        Last edited by kwest10; 12-07-2018, 12:21 PM.

• DoD88
        DoD88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Why is it so crowded?

• Is it a temporary situation where doubled rooms will eventually get singles?

Comment

• Lamp Lighter
        Lamp Lighter commented
        Editing a comment
        There’s talk that we’ll get moved to single rooms outside “The Taj” (the building furthest away from campus) after CITP, but that’s unconfirmed.

• BigE
        BigE commented
        Editing a comment
        In the BP academy we doubled up in rooms! Shared our bathroom with 2 other people! And we liked it!!!

:-D ;-)

• BigE - I bet ya'll did like it .) #greenlove

Comment

• Does anyone on here know when they will be hiring for Soecial Agents again?

Comment

• CFAV
          CFAV commented
          Editing a comment
          Nevuary 32nd

• raptor170
          raptor170 commented
          Editing a comment
          CFAV that’s the exact date I was thinking.

• Heads up. Apparently new hires may or may not TDY to a major port where they see a lot more quick arrests/cases to get you trained up. 6-8 months before you get to your SAC.
        I’m in the “May” category. Fun times!

Comment

• chipperjones
          chipperjones commented
          Editing a comment
          Where did you hear about that from?

• CFAV
          CFAV commented
          Editing a comment
          TDY implies housing and per diem is covered... Are you saying after finishing FLETC new hires would "TDY" to a high traffic office before going to their permanent station??? I work in HSI now and never heard a peep about anything like that.

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          Almost every single new hire location in the 2016 announcement is to either the border or a busy major city, with the exception of maybe two offices.

• ericville
          ericville commented
          Editing a comment
          I assume this would apply to the direct hire candidates but sounds too logistically troublesome to implement.

• Nothing I’ve “heard”. This is what is happening to me. Got a call around 1830 yesterday and told to EOD to a different office on Monday.
        Unless people are playing shenanigans on the FNG, but I’m not even an FNG yet!

Comment

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you have a FLETC date already? It isn't uncommon to EOD to a different office than your actual office.

• chipperjones
          chipperjones commented
          Editing a comment
          . Wow, I assume it's a local airport? I really hope that not the case for everyone....

• kwest10
          kwest10 commented
          Editing a comment
          FLETC IS 12/18
          correct. Airport....LAX

• chipperjones
          chipperjones commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, that blows... let us know how it goes...

Last edited by kwest10; 12-09-2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5761 users online. 219 members and 5542 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X