• Show
Clear All

• Just got the call folks, going to NYC. EOD Nov 25th and hit FLETC Nov 26th

Comment

• Wise135
      Wise135 commented
      Editing a comment
      PinceconePatrol,

In case it brings you comfort, my medical review timeline is nearly identical to javend16's. I got the medical review email May 30, and submitted the documents June 6. When I inquired via email about the medical review on October 5, I received an email October 11 that said I would be contacted by others with an answer. A week later, I got "The Call."

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! are you Federal employee and did you Poly?

• PineconePatrol
      PineconePatrol commented
      Editing a comment
      That is super helpful, thank you

• PineconePatrol
      PineconePatrol commented
      Editing a comment
      Did the med review clearance come by email or call?

• EOD 11/25, FLETC 11/26. Not federal LE, local detective. Applied in 2016, no polygraph

Comment

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice, Congrats again, and thanks for the info!

• Of course and thanks!! I’ll keep providing input as it comes and crossing my fingers that everyone else gets the call soon!

Comment

• I just submitted my med review documents and the email back said to expect to hear back in three weeks. Could they have moved up the timeline or did everyone get this for their four month wait?

Comment

• Wise135
        Wise135 commented
        Editing a comment
        They never gave me a time period. When I submitted the documents, they just responded to say that they received them. And I was never notified that I cleared medical review.

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        They’ve been telling me to check back in three weeks for nearly five months. So, I email them every three weeks and get the response to check back in three weeks.

• PineconePatrol
        PineconePatrol commented
        Editing a comment
        I should've seen that coming, thanks for the info

• Me and one of my buddies have been stuck in PSU purgatory pending initiation of a BI. Anyone else stuck there or is everyone just waiting on med waivers/follow-ups?

Comment

• PineconePatrol
        PineconePatrol commented
        Editing a comment
        BI was months ago for me, wrapped up in September

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        did you guys have previously failed polys? I have been there as well as medical hell purgatory, but I do have a poly in a couple of weeks,,,so at least that is movement.

• PineconePatrol
        PineconePatrol commented
        Editing a comment
        Fed leo. never poly'd

• Has anyone been polygraphed for this announcement? Send me a PM please

Comment

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        There’s a guy on Delphi forum that did. He passed and has EOD since

• aspiring_fed
        aspiring_fed commented
        Editing a comment
        I recently had my polygraph exam. Don't sweat it. Just be honest. The examiner told me my results before I left. Please don't PM me any questions, as I'd prefer everyone can see questions since it's likely others have them.

I'm not going to discuss anything specific in terms of what questions were covered.

• So, now we're just pretty much waiting around for the next round?
      Last edited by BigE; 11-07-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• PineconePatrol
        PineconePatrol commented
        Editing a comment
        Isn't that always the case? Are you waiting on med, BI, suitability or a job placement/class?

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty much the case, I’ve done everything myself, waiting on medical clearance
        Last edited by blok2400; 11-08-2018, 09:13 AM. Reason: Wrong thread

• Hi All - first time poster and have read this thread from the first post to last. A LOT of questions answered and still a lot of info I'm still looking for. I got the call for Long Beach, CA (just outside of Los Angeles). EOD for 12/9 and FLETC 12/19. Some questions I have:

1. 12/19 is an odd date so close to XMas. I'm assuming they don't bring in an entire class then shut down the week of XMas or am I wrong? I'd probably have my family out that week so I can spend the holidays with them. I didn't see anything on the FLETC website and their training calendar didn't even include the 12/19 class
      2. I am a family man with a 2 year old. The "job" aside, have any of you been through the academy with a young child at home? thoughts?
      3. I'm an age waiver applicant (41 years old). I have not problem with the PT standards and work out 3-5 times a week but not sure about academy style as I've read the PT "depends" on your instructor
      4. Any older agents here have any insight to being "rookie" at 41 (42 by the time I get to my duty station)
      5. Any insight/experience with the Long Beach office?

I forget the timing of my process but my last interaction was submitting/resubmitting medical paperwork in June. At the same time they were conducting my background. No poly.

Thanks for any insight
      Last edited by kwest10; 11-14-2018, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwest10 View Post
        Hi All - first time poster and have read this thread from the first post to last. A LOT of questions answered and still a lot of info I'm still looking for. I got the call for Long Beach, CA (just outside of Los Angeles). EOD for 12/9 and FLETC 12/19. Some questions I have:

1. 12/19 is an odd date so close to XMas. I'm assuming they don't bring in an entire class then shut down the week of XMas or am I wrong? I'd probably have my family out that week so I can spend the holidays with them. I didn't see anything on the FLETC website and their training calendar didn't even include the 12/19 class
        2. I am a family man with a 2 year old. The "job" aside, have any of you been through the academy with a young child at home? thoughts?
        3. I'm an age waiver applicant (41 years old). I have not problem with the PT standards and work out 3-5 times a week but not sure about academy style as I've read the PT "depends" on your instructor
        4. Any older agents here have any insight to being "rookie" at 41 (42 by the time I get to my duty station)
        5. Any insight/experience with the Long Beach office?

I forget the timing of my process but my last interaction was submitting/resubmitting medical paperwork in June. At the same time they were conducting my background. No poly.

Thanks for any insight
        1. At best, they'll make the monday before the Christmas holiday on Tuesday a training holiday or whatever they call it. Problem is you won't know until you're there, and maybe not even until the Friday before Christmas.
        2. I missed my first child's birth. My wife was mega preggo without me for the last half of her marriage. Then missed all the baby stuff. You're doing better than many having a kid who is already a little older. Some guys move their families to Brunswick and they will live there in an apartment during the training.
        3. That is correct. Depends. There were guys in my academy older than 41, but not waivers; 6c career guys. The PT wears you out because the CITP DT can be pretty tough depending on which instructor you get, and then you do another 14 weeks or however long it is of HSI DT and then afterhours PT. It wears you down. I activated an old injury simply due to repetition and some of the intense PT stuff.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Glad to see all these calls going out. I wonder how may guys are stuck in the muck like me. Last time I heard anything was at the end of April for UA. Silence since, not BI or anything like that. Medical cleared from 2015 announcement. My hope is pretty much non-existent at this point.

Comment

• ericville
            ericville commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm still chilling... post background and medical. I thought Dallas transferred all energy to direct hire so I was glad to see someone get the call to a SAC I selected.

• blok2400
            blok2400 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m still stuck too... been in medical review since May. BI is done. I’ve moved on with my life and bought a house.. if I ever get the call I’ll figure it out. Put way too much on hold for 2.5 years.

• chipperjones
            chipperjones commented
            Editing a comment
            Same boat, received letter of interrogatory for failed poly, medical hold, completed poly, got 2nd chance medical review letter. im the poster boy for having everything going wrong in a hiring process

• Just got word back from CI staffing. I'm fully cleared to be hired. They said they will contact me when an opening comes available.

GD! SOB! And I'm still not 100% over my knee injury!

Comment

• WireFan2017
            WireFan2017 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey BigE congrats! Long time coming man. Did this email come as a response to your inquiry? Or totally out of the blue? I’ve been in follow up since May and last week I was told I’m still at the OHC medical review phase as pending...losing hope man.

• BigE
            BigE commented
            Editing a comment
            At my personal interview, following my panel interview, back in November of last year, the Agents highly recommended I follow up regularly with the hiring center. So, that email was a follow-up to regular and frequent questioning. I haven't officially gotten the call yet. I was med review since May myself. Don't give up hope. I've been at this for years. Even failed the One Stop last year in Vegas.

• chipperjones
            chipperjones commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice Big E. what offices did you put in for? I imagine the call will come soon.

• BigE
            BigE commented
            Editing a comment
            Phoenix, El Paso, and New York City.

Watch my silly a-- get NYC.

• Maybe someone can answer this question and help alleviate my anxiety. Has anyone on here heard any rumors about the December academy slots being full already?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigE View Post
            Maybe someone can answer this question and help alleviate my anxiety. Has anyone on here heard any rumors about the December academy slots being full already?
            No. According to DelphiForums, it seems that spots in the December class were still available as of 2 days ago.

Comment

• CFAV
              CFAV commented
              Editing a comment
              There is only one class in Dec and it starts Dec 18th. After that its 2 classes a month till Sep. They start on Tuesdays and Thursdays

• Anyone have a week of time between eod and Fletc like me? What will I do for a week at the office? Make coffee?
            Also, what happens if you get sick or have a family emergency and miss more than 24 hours at the academy? Do you just get separated or go home and wait to “recycle” to another class?

Comment

• ForzaMilan
              ForzaMilan commented
              Editing a comment
              A week? That's it? Lucky you. That's barely enough time to get an access card. Just walk around and say hello to as many people as you.

If you miss 24 hours at the academy (3 training days), you are definitely getting recycled to another class (not always the next one available). The goal is not to get sick. I mean, you will get the fletc crud that will last 2-3 weeks, but you'll push through and not miss any days. Word has it, if you eat enough chicken, it will get rid of the crud.

• Heading down to FLETC today, anyone else heading there today also?

Comment

• blok2400
              blok2400 commented
              Editing a comment
              I wish. Good luck to you!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9582 users online. 339 members and 9243 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X