300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigE View Post
    I'm thinking the million-dollar question right now is has any of the 2016 applicants who have been in the process for while, med-review included, been hit with a polygraph retroactively?
    yes.

Comment

• BigE
      BigE commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you a current CBP or other federal agency employee?

• Anyone know of the academy dates left for this year or maybe next year too?

Comment

• stempienc14
      stempienc14 commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard there is one in November, but that's all I know

• Has anyone had success in getting assigned a vacancy outside of their listed preferences from 2016? In my federal LE job I've been working with an office I didn't consider then. They have many vacancies and we are both interested in each other whenever I finally clear medical and security. Dallas told me I cannot change my preferences, but I'm wondering if the service-wide availability clause could come in handy here

Comment

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably a hundred people on delphi have specifically posted that they were not able to. I was not either. Because of they way the announcement was worded, and OPM regs, you are tied to what you select.

• PineconePatrol
      PineconePatrol commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, sorry I searched here but didn't look on delphi

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      Wasnt saying that like you didnt do your due diligence and should be shamed. Just laying out the number of people who were unsuccessful.

• PineconePatrol
      PineconePatrol commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry I read it the wrong way. Regardless, I spent way too long reading through the Delphi forum and I guess I'm stuck with my choices. I like all of them, but definitely would've made different choices if I'd known about this office and how the offer/vacancy system works (in a manner of speaking)

• Well here’s to a new week praying for more movement....Anyone hear anything new?

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      My medical review paperwork has been submitted since May... they deff are not rushing.

• PineconePatrol
      PineconePatrol commented
      Editing a comment
      Ugh, although I actually need them to take awhile now. Since over two years passed since I applied, I've been living like it won't happen. So I took a temporary overseas position and won't return to my stateside role until early summer. If I get an offer before then and have to break the contract with my agency/the Embassy I owe an ungodly $18,000 back in travel and other stipend pay, not to mention the bridges I would burn with the people who got me here. I doubt I'd ever get an ICE Attache spot after that (if I even manage to get hired...)
      Last edited by PineconePatrol; 10-15-2018, 12:39 PM. Reason: 18,000 not 1800

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      I know people who have been in med review for over a year. My buddy who just got hired by ICE was in it for nearly a year and half. So that may work out for you.

• PineconePatrol
      PineconePatrol commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully it works out, although I hope not too well. 18 months would be a pain. Was he just waiting for one issue to clear that whole time or was it a back and forth thing?

• Submitted follow up medical stuff in April. They just needed current blood work. My clearance adjudicated in May. They’re definitely not in a rush.

Comment

• I'm a 2016 applicant, and ICE scheduled me for a poly today. Seems like polygraph examiners are traveling and scheduling people based on when they'll be "close" to the applicant's current place of residence.

I have no prior clearance. Travel expenses are the responsibility of the applicant. My background is ongoing. I was offered a few different days (Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday) about three weeks out. I initially received a call from a TX phone number, then received a follow-up email.

If people have further questions, please ask here rather than PM me so everyone can see the answers.

Comment

• aspiring_fed
        aspiring_fed commented
        Editing a comment
        My BI started earlier this month. My appointment is about a four to five hour drive (not in TX).

• DoD88
        DoD88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you ever completed a poly before with another fed agency?

Is there any reason that you think they selected you to poly (does it seem random or do you have something in your background that you think is the reason they want to poly you)?

What part of the country do you live in or state is the poly going to be completed in?

• aspiring_fed
        aspiring_fed commented
        Editing a comment
        I got a couple of inconclusives on FBI polygraphs a few years ago. I’m sure that could be be a reason.

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Aspiring,

Did you met with your Background investigator yet before getting a scheduled polygraph?

• So I spoke to PSU yesterday inquiring about my background (met with BI In July, said she completed it middle of Aug). He said that the background investigation portion was complete and that the NAC (National Agency Check) still needed to be completed. After that, it would be sent for review. I was cleared to EOD since June 7th (appoved for pre-appointment was how it was put). I was previously in medical review but a couples weeks ago I was told I was all clear and my file was at HQ and I should await a call from Human Resources. Any thoughts?

Comment

• DoD88
        DoD88 commented
        Editing a comment
        To me the NAC should have been one of the first things for them to do. I might be wrong, but I believe a NAC has to be done for interim clearances so I'm not sure how they would have cleared you to EOD.

• PineconePatrol
        PineconePatrol commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, for my current agency the NAC is the first step to an interim clearance let alone an actual one

• I got "The Call"

Comment

• Wise135
        Wise135 commented
        Editing a comment
        PineconePatrol:
        Yes, they let me delay both the EOD and FLETC start dates until December.

CFAV:
        I selected L.A., San Francisco, and New York on my application.

• PineconePatrol
        PineconePatrol commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad it worked out, thanks for the update

• CFAV
        CFAV commented
        Editing a comment
        How much of a delay? I have non-refundable trip tickets for Jan... sucks trying to plan life when your 2.5 years in a hiring process lol.

• Wise135
        Wise135 commented
        Editing a comment
        I only delayed one month. They seemed like they'd be willing to accommodate reasonable requests.

• It looks like the medical review board is meeting next week.

Comment

• After an inquiry to my status, I received the following:

"You are fully cleared; however, HSI is not making offers for locations at this time.
        You will receive a call for a location as soon as HSI is ready to proceed with FY19 hiring."

I was in med review, I submitted my documentation in early June.

Comment

• JRG
          JRG commented
          Editing a comment
          That's who I emailed. I didn't get a response the first time but the second time I did.

• PineconePatrol
          PineconePatrol commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait no offers at all pending the budget assessment or no hiring at your locations? I guess Wise135 got super lucky

• JRG
          JRG commented
          Editing a comment
          No idea but LA was one of my picks. I already have CITP so I just need to jump in an add on.

• PineconePatrol
          PineconePatrol commented
          Editing a comment
          Fair enough

• Any guys on here waiting for NYC only?

Comment

• Got "The Call" today. Keep the faith, ladies and gents. There is still movement.

Comment

• raptor170
            raptor170 commented
            Editing a comment
            chally1970 what location you going to?

• blok2400
            blok2400 commented
            Editing a comment
            Were you in medical review?

• chipperjones
            chipperjones commented
            Editing a comment
            Come on man, you know the deal... timelines!

• I had just been cleared medically after review of additional paperwork. I was offered Calexico CA and San Francisco CA and decided on SF.

Timeline:
          Application: 6/2016
          Computerized testing: 6/2017
          Board interview: 11/2017
          Drug/Medical: 3/2018
          Background: April 2018
          Medical review: 6/2018 to 9/15/2018 or so
          The call: 10/23/2018

Comment

• blok2400
            blok2400 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info

• chipperjones
            chipperjones commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice, Congrats! December Academy?

• chally1970
            chally1970 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nov 26th is the start date

• Quick question for those who have gotten the call....what number have you all been getting them from? Any blocked or unknown? Just got two calls from an unknown number, kept saying hello but no response. Likely a telemarketer or butt dial or something, but now I’m all paranoid lol

Comment

• Wise135
            Wise135 commented
            Editing a comment
            The first was from a 202 area code, and the second was from a 214 area code. No blocked/unknown numbers.

• javedn16
            javedn16 commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks, safe to say it was a telemarketer then. Congrats on the call btw Wise!

• Wise135
            Wise135 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you.

• Originally posted by javedn16 View Post
          Quick question for those who have gotten the call....what number have you all been getting them from? Any blocked or unknown? Just got two calls from an unknown number, kept saying hello but no response. Likely a telemarketer or butt dial or something, but now I’m all paranoid lol
          All job offers should come from a DC code, 202. Any calls from 214 are equally important (Dallas Hiring Center) but 'the call' should definitely be 202, unless things have changed very recently (unlikely).
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Lamp Lighter
            Lamp Lighter commented
            Editing a comment
            Well shoot, I might have missed “the call” this afternoon. A lady called from a 202 number, left a message, said she was with HSI and told me to call her back. However it was after 5 by the time I could call her back. Fingers crossed for something good tomorrow.
            Last edited by Lamp Lighter; 10-25-2018, 08:22 PM. Reason: Edit

• javedn16
            javedn16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Appreciate the heads up battle, any news on your end?

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah lamp that should be the call. No, you didn't lose your spot so don't worry. Javedn16, I've long since been hired! Great job, loving it in the field. Good luck

• javedn16
            javedn16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol My bad battle!! Hopefully us guys still in the holding pattern get to join you soon

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6245 users online. 219 members and 6026 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X