Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m wondering when the next med review board meets. I heard a rumor on Delphi forums they hired another MRO. Not sure if this is true but boy would it be nice. Although at this point I don’t see getting an EOD before November.

Comment

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      For ERO applicants, they meet once a week on Fridays. I don't know if that that is the same board for HSI applicants, but it would certainly make sense.

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the insight, that would make sense.

• Keep me posted if you hear anything Blok! I called Med review last week and he said that my file was “in the nurse’s hands”....whatever that means.

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol all I get is “pending”

• WireFan2017
      WireFan2017 commented
      Editing a comment
      At least that answer has a little more detail to it! Im with Blok, I got a reply today (to my biweekly inquiry) that I’m still at HQ for recommendation to hire...I don’t know if that’s different from being at the medical review officers? I submitted my follow up paperwork in April...

• javedn16
      javedn16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol who knows what any of it means!? Submitted mine first week of June, which by everyone else’s timeline, puts me fairly behind I guess. He said that a vision retest shouldn’t take long but 3+ months already is plenty long!

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      My other pure speculation is that they get to medical reviews on applicants that have picked a location with a vacancy. I picked San Diego SaC, San Antonio, and Hulton Maine (not sure why I picked Maine). Or maybe the files are just shuffled and there is no order. I submitted my paperwork in May.

• The review process is ridiculously long. I’m now 37 and believe I’ve timed out

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh man, how long you been in review? I’ve heard of people timing out before. Ridiculous

• ^^Almost 5 months. However, I was told by PSU/HR that since I received a tentative offer before I turned 37, I could still get hired. I’m not sure if that’s true or not.

Comment

• Keyturner
      Keyturner commented
      Editing a comment
      I noticed in the new DO announcement they changed the maximum age to 40. Not sure if that will apply for HSI as well.

• Does anyone have a good number for the Dallas hiring office? Ive left a few messages last week to contact me and they have yet to call back. Thanks

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      They tend to respond well to the DSC entry email address

• So I spoke with MED review today and she told me that I was now over with the Quality Control people. I asked if this was any progress from the usual pending status and she said yes and to expect a call soon. Not sure what this actually means but at least she said it’s progressed from the same old pending response I kept getting. Anyone have any insight on this?

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve never talked to them on the phone just email. Yesterday they said I was pending medical clearance from the medical review officer. Not sure if that’s different than pending review or what. Sounds like you have progressed though ! It’s all such a mystery.

• javedn16
      javedn16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Who knows!? Lol, hopefully it does signify some process, but with the way it’s been going, I’m sure something else will come up!

• Any updates for anyone? Haven’t heard anything myself since last week when I was told my file was over with Quality Control. The Anticipation is just crazy...

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      It very well could, was this via email ? And was your med review for more than vision like mine? I’m wondering if they could get to me sooner. Sounds like you are waiting for a call !

• javedn16
      javedn16 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was actually in touch with them over the phone, praying it’s just waiting for that call at this point man! I was in med review for vision

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you PM me the number you were calling ?

• javedn16
      javedn16 commented
      Editing a comment
      PM sent Blok, let me know if you received it

• Ya no kidding, looks like the direct hires are quickly passing us. Are you all just waiting on medical only? I'm still with the security unit, have been since April or May I believe.

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m just waiting on medical, background cleared I think in June. One small stack of papers that takes five minutes to review stands in my way.

• So I write the med-review dept again like I'm supposed to, every three weeks. This time they say my inquiry has been forwarded to the CI staffing team. What's ya'll's take on that?

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah my email back two weeks ago was pending medical clearance from the MRO. Is that different from review ? Who knows lol. It is frustrating though.

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also for those of you in med review (besides vision) I hope you got letters from supervisors showing your capabilities. I gave them three plus my past four performance evaluations. I know several people are getting second chance emails or waivers. I would think supervisors in current LEO positions could help avoid the waiver but I could be wrong.

• BigE
      BigE commented
      Editing a comment
      I did. From an old BP sup and Watch Commander, and my old commander from the Air Force.

• tevance67
      tevance67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too. Got one letter from a current sup and then one from my lead PT instructor at the CBPO academy who stated that I accomplished all PT standards in the academy with flying colors. I also included a copy of my PT test scores from the CBPO academy transcript. I can't imagine what else they would need to see that shows that I can pass this academy with no issues.

• I got a call from Dallas saying I was in fiduciary review...i.e. final review. They said after Jesus comes down to sign the paper, I will have cleared final medical and get turned over to staffing. 100% VA disabled vet and current HSI employee here.

Comment

• tevance67
      tevance67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just a couple of questions if you don't mind answering, how long were you in medical review, and did you have to submit a waiver for the medical review?

• CFAV
      CFAV commented
      Editing a comment
      I did my follow-up paper in June, and while i'm still waiting on the official clear, it's been 4 months. Not sure what you mean by a wavier for med review?

• tevance67
      tevance67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool. Thanks for the info.

Some of the 2015 applicants who were stuck in medical review for over a year were finally sent a medical waiver that they were allowed to submit and that cleared them on their medical. I wasn't sure if you fell into that category or not.

• Originally posted by CFAV View Post
    I got a call from Dallas saying I was in fiduciary review...i.e. final review. They said after Jesus comes down to sign the paper, I will have cleared final medical and get turned over to staffing. 100% VA disabled vet and current HSI employee here.
    Holy Sh#t! 100% and they are actually giving you the green light. This is nothing short of a miracle.

Comment

• CFAV
      CFAV commented
      Editing a comment
      Being 100% is not really that big of a deal when it's a combined rating... just had to articulate each "disability" and it was easy other than that...just a huge PITA.

• So since clearing Med Review a few weeks ago, haven’t heard anything. Emailed HR for an update and got the following response:
    You are fully cleared and your name has been forwarded to HQ. Once a vacancy is available for one of the locations you selected, you will receive a phone call.

Thank you

can’t remember which vacancies I selected though since it was so long ago

Comment

• CFAV
      CFAV commented
      Editing a comment
      This is now the real waiting period... if you cleared, then you just go about your life and wait for a school seat and location offer. It may come soon or a year from now. You're in a queue with all the other applicants that cleared medical. They go down the list from the people who applied before you. They call, make the offer and when the school seats fill... they move to the next class until they meet the budgeted amount of "hires"

• Originally posted by javedn16 View Post
    so since clearing med review a few weeks ago, haven’t heard anything. Emailed hr for an update and got the following response:
    You are fully cleared and your name has been forwarded to hq. Once a vacancy is available for one of the locations you selected, you will receive a phone call.

Thank you

can’t remember which vacancies i selected though since it was so long ago
    lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by CFAV View Post
      I got a call from Dallas saying I was in fiduciary review...i.e. final review. They said after Jesus comes down to sign the paper, I will have cleared final medical and get turned over to staffing. 100% VA disabled vet and current HSI employee here.
      Wow. I have a simple 40% rating and submitted my stuff back in May. If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your stuff? I assume they will take your HSI background? I got an email last week saying I will be contacted by a BG investigator in a couple weeks. no word yet if they will take my current background...Keep us hopefuls posted! you are a 2016 applicant right?

Comment

• CFAV
        CFAV commented
        Editing a comment
        Im a 2016 applicant from July 16', and submitted all my follow-up in June 18'. I have a current TS-SCI with HSI, so I hope they used my background lol

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        that's good, maybe that means they are looking at us oldies but goodies still then. Good luck to you!

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        None of it makes much sense. Met my BG in May I’m cleared. Medical they tell me to be patient I’m still pending

• I'm thinking the million-dollar question right now is has any of the 2016 applicants who have been in the process for while, med-review included, been hit with a polygraph retroactively?

Comment

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hasn’t been much talk about them, seems random

• Lamp Lighter
        Lamp Lighter commented
        Editing a comment
        And has anyone with an active federal clearance been polygraphed?

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        Someone on the Delphi forums said they were poly'd and they were current CBP, he passed and like a week later got his EOD.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6631 users online. 160 members and 6471 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X