300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigE View Post
    So, its official then. If you've already passed the written, you DO NOT have to take it again for the direct hire. Because I got the same email this morning too.
    That isnt the defining factor. I have old coworkers at my last agency who have never taken it and they received the 'no test' email, as well as friends who are locals who have never taken it who said they do not have to test. Additionally, I know a current HSI SA who applied and they received an email saying they would need to test.

Not sure why everyone is spending all this brain power trying to figure it out. I imagine people with big boards like detectives have in the movies, with posts from this site printed out and lines running between things. You either have to take it or you don't. It is what it is.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• BigE
      BigE commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I guess I won the lottery. I don't have to take it.

• CFAV
      CFAV commented
      Editing a comment
      I lol'd hard at this. I'm pretty sure that was a generic email in the sense that if you did the application online, no further submissions were needed. Back in the day..direct hires did not have to take the SA exam, but they also knew who they were hiring... so there's that lol. I'm awaiting an EOD call from this last announcement and my buddy in another SAC who never took the SA exam got the same email I did after we both applied for the direct hire... its all just bs everyone is getting excited over. And to those wondering why I might have applied for the direct hire seeing is how i'm this far though... unless you're sitting in a school seat in FLETC, nothing is for certain. Every SAC I've come across has said to apply for EVERYTHING until you get the job!
      Last edited by CFAV; 07-02-2018, 12:03 PM.

• The theories are limitless!

hsi.jpg

Comment

• Comment

• Wow. Rejected for the direct hire simply because of the sheer volume of applicants. My theory? Maybe those who already have pending applications with earlier announcements are getting turned down?
        Last edited by BigE; 07-06-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• CFAV
          CFAV commented
          Editing a comment
          I got mine and so did a friend in AZ.. both of us work for HSI and are very qualified with in demand skill sets. This was the first time my friend had applied. The funny thing is another co-worker in another SAC told me their SAC had already "picked" their direct hires? Guess it was another formality of the federal hiring process.
          Last edited by CFAV; 07-06-2018, 01:11 PM.

• CPAAPP
          CPAAPP commented
          Editing a comment
          What announcement did you apply for? This past June?

• BigE
          BigE commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup. The direct hire that opened for 3 days last month. It's okay though. Still in the running for the 2016 announcement.

• CPAAPP
          CPAAPP commented
          Editing a comment
          What does that mean direct hire? This is the first HSI application I have done. They don’t usually post that often.

• Got called by BI today, meeting her at my job the week after next. Still in med purgatory however.

Comment

• blok2400
          blok2400 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m here in purgatory with you

• BigE
          BigE commented
          Editing a comment
          We're all in med purgatory... ;-)

• javedn16
          javedn16 commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha, so frustrating. Have you guys met with the background inv. already? Also, I was told by PSU that I was approved for pre-appointment June 7th. Does this really mean anything while the med and background are still processing?

• blok2400
          blok2400 commented
          Editing a comment
          Doesn’t mean much, I was told I was pre approved by PSU in April after meeting with BI in May. The medical is what holds everyone up. Hence 2015 people getting offers within the last few months.

• ICE sent an email out today stating that they expect polygraphs to be operating by fourth quarter of FY2018. Good luck all.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• BigE
          BigE commented
          Editing a comment
          Which is right now since FY2018 started Oct. 1 of last year.

Guess they have to cull the herd of applicants somehow.

• However, I don't see why they'd start polygraphing those who have cleared their medical and/or are awaiting medical follow-ups. Traditionally, aren't polygraphs done as part of your overall background? Also, they generally want to find out if you're a filthy liar before they invest in finding out if you're healthy enough to do the job. I know. I've heard that HSI makes no sense when it comes to hiring, but that just seems like a huge waste of funds to me.

Comment

• Njw85
          Njw85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Will the people who who applied before the implementation of the poly have to poly? It wasn’t in our TSL to poly and I never signed any documents pertaining to poly. Just wondering what your hearing.

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh but you did sir. Question 46 from your application:

46. You may be required to take a polygraph exam and have a favorable result in order to continue is the hiring process. Knowing this, do you wish to continue in the application process?

Also from the announcement:

Polygraph: A pre-employment polygraph may be administered.

• BigE
          BigE commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, yes, yes, battlewagon. We understand that. But they say that on every one of their applications. We're pretty certain those applications are pre-canned. Well, they have been for awhile, anyway. That could change. We'll just have to wait and see.

• Foxx310
          Foxx310 commented
          Editing a comment
          @battlewagon...I tried pming you but your inbox has reached its limit..do you mind making some space?

• Has anyone gotten the call lately
        Last edited by Shapired; 07-12-2018, 05:42 AM.

Comment

• blok2400
          blok2400 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish, you complete everything Shap?

• Shapired
          Shapired commented
          Editing a comment
          yes, unless we now have to take polys

• Met with BI at my job today, she interviewed supervisors, co-workers, etc. said she should have it submitted by next week, still in med review of course. Any movement for anyone else?

Comment

• same here. met with BI few days ago and said it would be submitted this week. still waiting on med review and have never gotten drug test yet either. I sent my med review stuff in around May 18th. last response I got from them last week was to check back in 3 weeks for an update on med review. but that seems to be a common response to people looking for updates.

Comment

• Gotta love medical purgatory. I got an email three weeks ago to check back in three weeks. Today I checked back and got the default response that they have an influx of applications and please check back in three weeks. The cycle continues. There’s definitely something to the 6-18 months.

Comment

• Do any of you have the phone number or email where I can find out my status? Not medical just overall status. I know some people have said they heard that their files have been sent to HQ and was just curious how they found out. Thanks!

Comment

• finally got a fletc class date..9/11. The day that changed it all.

Comment

• Njw85
                  Njw85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So you got hired without the polygraph. I guess it only apples to 2018 and beyond applicants? It was listed in that announcement about taking a poly.
                  Last edited by Njw85; 07-23-2018, 06:40 PM.

• pumadog
                  pumadog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  oh wow. classes are full until then or you requested a later class? Did you have any medical review non-sense or just been waiting?

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's not necessarily true about 2018 only. The poly program isn't operational yet, so they conclusion can't be drawn yet.

• pumadog nope I sailed thru with no hiccups. Current fed.

Comment

• pumadog
                  pumadog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  nice. congrats!

• Shapired
                  Shapired commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You got the call today? How long you been done? Sorry for all the questions lol

• Shapired I got "the call" a while back. I've just been waiting to see when my academy dates were((finally got that call). I dont usually post on here just wanted to give some a heads up.

Comment

• Shapired
                  Shapired commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great thanks for the response and good luck!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11971 users online. 394 members and 11577 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X