Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I called PSU and found out I was cleared to EOD late april, medical was cleared late may and now just waiting for them to schedule me a drug test.

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome, you had the same deal is me, EOD occurs early clearance wise. Hopefully you get drug test soon. At this rate maybe I’ll get my medical clearance at the same time and see you at FLETC lol.

• Shapired
      Shapired commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah fingers crossed. I have a call in to medical to find out about the drug test because I was told I would get a call last week but haven't yet

• ericville
      ericville commented
      Editing a comment
      Shapired, have you heard anything back from medical about your drug test? I emailed medical this week to inquiry about mine (same position as you) and they said PEC will call me soon.

• Pat1686
      Pat1686 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey blok2400, could you PM me?

• They said I would get a call last week, but I havnt heard anything. I am going away for a couple weeks so I am trying to get in touch to let them know.

Comment

• Anybody have the study booklet for this? Or do they use the same as ICE?

Comment

• Originally posted by RSORX8510 View Post
        Anybody have the study booklet for this? Or do they use the same as ICE?
        Use the ICE one

Comment

• We all still radio silence?

Comment

• blok2400
            blok2400 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sadly yes, it’s pretty frustrating as the fiancé and I are trying to plan a honeymoon. If they could give me some direction like if I’ll even get an offer this year... would be great. I think things have slown after the hiring surge. Academy classes booked till September I think.

• Slim 315
            Slim 315 commented
            Editing a comment
            Booked through September? I thought I heard about a class in August. I haven't seen and academy dates after July 10. Hopefully they can squeeze some more offers into this fiscal year.

• blok2400
            blok2400 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just what I heard. A few people were waiting on Aug or Sep academy dates. Maybe there’s still spots though. For me, the medical review I believe will end up just like those from the 2015 announcement. It will take forever. The TSL even says 6-18 months for medical.. ridiculous

• Hey so I’m new to the board...same announcement as this group. I had a pretty chaotic situation where I didn’t hear anything since the interview which I had in Dec. in Atlanta. Did some digging in late May and sent several emails to the dsc-applicant status. They told me I was out of the process because I never responded to the TSL they sent me in March. There’s no way I missed such an email. I sent a two page rebuttal and they resent me the tsl. A few days later they actually called and knocked out my medical, drug, and sent the eqip. Two weeks ago they told me that I wasn’t medically cleared due to vision which was heinous. Went to my own doc sent all the recommendations etc. The optometrist, who I’ve never visited before, couldn’t believe that I failed the vision as I’m 20-25 uncorrected in either eye. Got a call back from med review last Thursday and they said that the medical was in review. Got a call last Monday from the background folks notifying me that they were starting my background but haven’t heard since

Comment

• DoD88
            DoD88 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm still waiting to be contacted by the BI.

• javedn16
            javedn16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Still waiting also, did you get the call from the background company letting you the background has initiated?

• DoD88
            DoD88 commented
            Editing a comment
            I never received any contact regarding my BI. I'll feel a bit better if I at least received an email.

• So I was contacted to do a portion of the vision test which was not done at the selected facility several months ago. Completed it at a different facility with no issues. Still haven’t been contacted for BI or drug test, but I was told I would be. Not sure if the vision/medical held things up.

Comment

• I’m starting to think those of us still waiting will be waiting till FY19. The med review is no joke. Then some of you haven’t even spoken to BI. Things have slowed down. Frustrating but what can ya do ?

Comment

• javedn16
              javedn16 commented
              Editing a comment
              Seriously, I get that there’s a lot of applicants, but there has to be a way to streamline med reviewed, especially for simple things. You have your drug screen already?

• javedn16
              javedn16 commented
              Editing a comment
              BLOK, did the background people call you to notify you that they were starting on your background?

• blok2400
              blok2400 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have drug screened twice first “was inconclusive”. Background company emailed me in early April that my background had begun. I met with my BI around the 1st of May. Far as I know all of that’s complete.
              I sent in more than enough medical paperwork to be cleared... I’m 11 years LEO all they gotta do is read my paperwork. Such a trivial thing.

For those of you who haven’t drug tested, don’t drink too much water. If you’re pee is too clear they say it’s diluted and you get inconclusive. Makes no sense but yeah, you want a little color in there.

• Wise135
              Wise135 commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by Wise135; 07-07-2018, 11:16 AM.

• Emailed medical, was told they are very busy with reviews.. please check back in 3 weeks. Not very inspiring

Comment

• The tentative selection letter stated that follow-up medical could take anywhere from 6-18 months. Don't get bent outta shape after a few weeks waiting. Your follow-up medical goes in a pile, and that pile could have people with 1000+ pages worth of medical documents to review. There is a reason they say to hurry up and get your stuff back to them as soon as possible.
              Last edited by CFAV; 06-27-2018, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Just turned in all my requested med follow-up documents. In the hands of the 1811 Gods now.

And honestly, I have no problem with an extended wait. Gives me a chance to let this knee heal, lose some more lbs., and get in better shape. It also doesn't hurt that I'm in a sweet gig with BP in the meantime. It wouldn't hurt to get a little more experience in my current position. Most of all, it may give me a chance to save some funds for the impending temporary pay-cut if I were to get the call.
                Last edited by BigE; 06-27-2018, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• I guess I’m bent out of shape because the medical review was on a non issue and was the mistake of the context facility.

Comment

• WireFan2017
                    WireFan2017 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Today marks 9 weeks since I returned my medical follow up info. Let's hope we get some movement soon!

• So I called PSU this morning for an update and they said I was approved for pre appointment on June 7th. Anyone know what this means? Still waiting on medical review of course...agony

Comment

• Just got an email to schedule the entrance exam. Current local LEO. Never sent my resume to any SAC or spoke to any recruiter. Hopefully you guys will hear something soon.

Comment

• Kmiech
                      Kmiech commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nyc. Applied to La and NYC

• mizzsix
                      mizzsix commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Awesome, study hard!

• Slim 315
                      Slim 315 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I got an email yesterday saying that no further online testing is needed, my application is complete. I applied in 2016 and am just awaiting drug test and the call. I assume they just used my written test from the 2016 announcement for the 2018 direct hire announcement. 2016 I applied for LA and NYC, 2018 for Chicago and DC.

• CPAAPP
                      CPAAPP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey Kmiech & Slim 315,

Did you both apply to the most recent June 2018 announcement?

I applied to this past June announcement, and got an email saying “it has been determined that I completed all required online assessments and my application is complete”.

Is this what you both are referring too? I never tested with HSI before.

• So, its official then. If you've already passed the written, you DO NOT have to take it again for the direct hire. Because I got the same email this morning too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6512 users online. 177 members and 6335 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X