Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received call from BI today. I anticipate things are moving very well and will continue to. This was less than a week after the email stating the BI is starting.

Comment

• Shapired
      Shapired commented
      Editing a comment
      Just got that email today. Still no med

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Shapired, anticipate medical within a week or so of that email.. seems to be about right.

• Shapired
      Shapired commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good!

• Slim 315
      Slim 315 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got my medical scheduled and I've gotten an email from the background contractor saying that I'll have an investigator assigned to me in the next few days. I'm pretty sure that the background and medical are being run independently of each other. Each contractor probably has a separate system for scheduling candidates, but both seem to be moving along pretty quickly.

• I’ve had medical. No email for BI or drug test as of yet.

Comment

• Shapired
      Shapired commented
      Editing a comment
      Crazy how everyone's is all over the place

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will second that I’ve has no drug test. Not sure the order of things here either.

• CFAV
      CFAV commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the same boat, but I'm also a current HSI 1801 with a TS-SCI.... so maybe thats why.

• LAW33313
      LAW33313 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will third that as well. I reached out to DSC Medical and received a reply that since I am a current DHS Federal employee that a drug test was not required. Also if you have a Top Secret Clearance especially if issued by DHS then your clearance will transfer over.

• Hello all, just checking in to see if anyone else has heard that the next HSI announcement may be in May?

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      The rumor on other forums is mid May and it will close after the first 1,000 applications. I would literally check every day on USA jobs

• I will third that as well. I reached out to DSC Medical and received a reply that since I am a current DHS Federal employee that a drug test was not required. Also if you have a Top Secret Clearance especially if issued by DHS then your clearance will transfer over.
    HSI SA
    Application Submitted: 6/8/11
    Vacancy NOR: GL 9 (93.0)
    Test: 9/6/11
    Test NOR: 11/03/11
    Panel: 12/05/11
    Panel NOR: 01/24/12
    TSL: 03/23/12
    Med/Drug Test: 04/02/12
    Cleared Background: 4/18/12
    Cleared Medical: 4/19/12
    CLEARED TO EOD: 4/19/12

Comment

• Got scheduled for drug screen. Progress

Comment

• Shapired
        Shapired commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice got my medical call today

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome, everyone seems within 2-3 weeks of each other so that’s a good sign. I’m still hyper focused on a successful PFT. Doing extra workouts to be sure.

• Shapired
        Shapired commented
        Editing a comment
        I still can't figure out if we need to do one before selection if that happens

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        According to the pre employment packet we do, not sure if they’ll modify that.

• I did drug and medical last week. Anyone know whats next?
      To be honest I don't remember too much about losing my virginity. All I remember is I had been awake for almost 86 hours, I was on the roof of a Public Storage building in what seemed to be a freezing rainstorm, and Christopher Walken was there with a disposable camera that he kept winding even though it had clearly run out of pictures.

Comment

• Shapired
        Shapired commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha, so that was confirmed by your BI? What about poly anything mentioned I remember that on the TSL as a possibility

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not confirmed just mentioned in TSL. No word on poly it’s akests possible but they didn’t poly the last group from 2014.

• Shapired
        Shapired commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha yeah just curious how many steps are left. Thanks

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah no problem, my BI interview is done but I imagine it will take a few months to process from what I’ve beeb told.

• I have not heard from BI in reference to this announcement. I did a background for BP earlier in the year, and was offered a job that ultimately turned down. Anyone know if that will play into this at all?
      To be honest I don't remember too much about losing my virginity. All I remember is I had been awake for almost 86 hours, I was on the roof of a Public Storage building in what seemed to be a freezing rainstorm, and Christopher Walken was there with a disposable camera that he kept winding even though it had clearly run out of pictures.

Comment

• Lamp Lighter
        Lamp Lighter commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m gonna say yes, only because I think our situations are similar. I did my drug test today and medical tomorrow, but still haven’t heard about equip or from a BI yet. I submitted an equip in November of last year and was granted a TS-SCI from another agency for a separate job. All that is to say, I think of you have a recent equip entry on file, then you will hear from HR about your background investigation later than other applicants who have no recent equip filing. Make sense?

• Completed my medical over a week ago. I still haven’t been contacted for a drug screen or BI interview. Are you contacted by the the same service/number for the drug screen as the medical?

Comment

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same service does both drug and medical but I was called by two different numbers. One an 1-866 and one was a FL area code.

• Got the call. Good luck to the rest of you!

Comment

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        The “you’re hired” call? Congrats if so

• LAW33313
        LAW33313 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just sent you a PM.

• Shapired
        Shapired commented
        Editing a comment
        Good for you!

• Post removed
      Last edited by The_Blues; 05-04-2018, 10:23 AM. Reason: Removed

Comment

• The instructions on the medical exam paperwork say that it may include a fitness test and to dress accordingly. Did anyone have any sort of fitness test during the medical? I was planning on wearing jeans, but now I'm second guessing that.

Comment

• blok2400
          blok2400 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope I did not, though the medical office told me CBP does.

• aspiring_fed
          aspiring_fed commented
          Editing a comment
          blok2400: Thanks. Medical was today, and same thing, no fitness test.

• Anyone know if they give you an option for location or it's one final.

Comment

• blok2400
          blok2400 commented
          Editing a comment
          From talking to someone who just got hired last year, it’s final. You could always ask if they are short anywhere else? They called him gave him his location and he was ready to start.

• Shapired
          Shapired commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, yeah we will see it's definitely picking up

• Slim 315
          Slim 315 commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems like everyone so far has been given a choice between two locations. I believe each location has been within an AOR that they picked on their initial application. For instance, someone who picked LA got offered LAX, which is in the LA AOR, but not at the SAC office for LA.

• Shapired
          Shapired commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for Update.

• Got call from BI today

Comment

• Sounds like people are getting "the call". EOD dates as soon as the end of this month..... Looks like the end is nearing. Good Luck everyone

Comment

• blok2400
            blok2400 commented
            Editing a comment
            People who already had a security clearance I’m guessing. I was under the impression there was still a PFT. In any event, if anyone gets the call please let us know so we can know what to expect. Good luck all.
            Last edited by blok2400; 05-05-2018, 06:50 AM.

• green_machine22
            green_machine22 commented
            Editing a comment
            That makes sense seeing as how I haven't heard anything about BI, but I'm already BP working on updating my eqip now so I'm sure it all is transferring over. For those I've heard getting their call, it doesn't sound like a PFT was done. Sounds like as soon as their BI and medical cleared they were good to go.

• blok2400
            blok2400 commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s promising news as I would love to be started by this summer. I’m only two hours from FLETC so it would be an easy transition, barring any issues with BI or medical, it didn’t appear there were any.

• I did the medical Friday the 27th of last month. So about a week ago. On average, how long is it taking people on here to clear the medical?

Comment

• green_machine22
            green_machine22 commented
            Editing a comment
            a few weeks.... but it's going to depend on whether anything comes up in your BI or medical I would assume.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10961 users online. 464 members and 10497 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X