300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Brooklynite; 07-13-2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

i think you gotta change it on the usajobs side. did you click 2 by mistake?

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Last edited by Brooklynite; 07-13-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
          Curious about ICE/HSI's drug usage policy. Is it similar to FBI/DEA's where experimentation with marijuana outside of preceding the past 3 years is fine? Noticed that on the application, the drug usage section groups virtually every drug/controlled substance in one question.
          I believe it is the same as FBI/DEA. Just be as honest as you can and study the hell out of that study guide. Too many people take the test lightly and fail. Good luck.

Comment

Does anyone else's Application Manager have "Written Test - no results yet" stated under the Assessments field? I've never noticed this before. Possibly a sign? Probably not lol

Comment

So what gig is better? HSI Special Agent or ICE Deportation Officer?

Comment

Originally posted by Fraud Investigator View Post
                Does anyone else's Application Manager have "Written Test - no results yet" stated under the Assessments field? I've never noticed this before. Possibly a sign? Probably not lol
                mine says that as well. i don't know. here's hoping.

i just checked my 2015 posting, which i DID NOT make the cut-off for, and it does NOT have the "Written Test - no results yet" in it. i'm leaning toward it meaning nothing, but it won't stop me from being delusionally hopeful.

Comment

Originally posted by hangman View Post
                  Two completely different jobs....and it depends what you consider "better".

Comment

applied for both 7 and 9, no LEO exp, just private security supervisory and degrees. Didn't make last cut. I agree that there are a lot of LEO questions for an "entry level" role

applied to NYC, San Diego, St. Thomas

Comment

There is no such thing as "entry level" in the 1811 world anymore. It's just a pay scale.

Comment

Hey guys, Threw my hat in for El Paso, Phoenix, San Antonio. Hope this goes quick! haha
                        FBI
                        applied-09/30/18
                        phase 1 test-10/22/18
                        meet and greet-11/06/18
                        judged competitive-11/14/18
                        Phase 2 written-12/8/18

ATF
                        applied-11/02/17
                        Entry test-03/04/18
                        PTT-07/13/18
                        Interview-11/15/18

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklynite View Post
                          I updated my application in order to switch cities, and now it's showing I have two resumes attached. How do I get rid of this? I don't want them to think I uploaded it twice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15380[/ATTACH]
                          You can not remove once uploaded to USAJOBS. If you have two resumes, in theory they are supposed to only read the most recent upload.

SA but all my friends who went DO love it. IMO DO is a step 'below' SA as it is easier to get, and I think the responsibilities of the job are less intense. Also, I have plenty of friends who went DO without a college degree, whereas I have never seen someone leave BP to SA without a degree or vet points. But an ICE employee might be able to answer better.
                          Last edited by battlewagon; 07-07-2016, 09:40 PM.
                          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Applied, Master's degree non-vet. NYC, LA, San Diego but they could put me on the moon for all I care.

Comment

Both are good jobs. Take whichever is willing to hire you first. You need to get the clock stopped as soon as possible and start working towards that 20. If you are already a fed LEO, then just wait it out till you get the SA job. It's a great job, never been a DO, sorry. But location can play a huge factor in this decision. If you can be a DO in some awesome interior location or an SA in some ****ty SWB town, that would be a tougher call. Good luck.
                              $$ Financial Crimes Commando $$
                              HSI SA

Comment

Originally posted by cb79er View Post
                                Both are good jobs. Take whichever is willing to hire you first. You need to get the clock stopped as soon as possible and start working towards that 20. If you are already a fed LEO, then just wait it out till you get the SA job. It's a great job, never been a DO, sorry. But location can play a huge factor in this decision. If you can be a DO in some awesome interior location or an SA in some ****ty SWB town, that would be a tougher call. Good luck.
                                There ya go, straight from the Special Agent's mouth.

I had BP classmates that got DO in badass locations, one friend got back to his hometown in IL. Shortly after starting, they called with an offer for a special agent position, but in Phoenix. He said thanks but no thanks. If I can land DO at or near home for me from that last big announcement, and the job is bearable, I'll never fill out another USAJOBS application in my life. For some, including me, it is all about making it home.

Doing the application now. Sucks you can only select three locations. I would have selected pretty much any non-northern border location.

Not sure what to do, go all in on the SCLs, or big cities to increase chances, or put where I would actually want to go...
                                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11085 users online. 462 members and 10623 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X