Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see there are about a thousand people who have looked at this thread, wished they had the OP's problems, and wondered why this decision is hard...
    Originally posted by Michigan
    Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

Originally posted by izamsilas View Post
      Having been around the horn a few times now, stay in the process and start the new job. If you get an actual EOD, THEN consider if you stay at the current "other" job or leave for the 1811 job.
      I think this is the BEST ADVICE!

Well OP, what are you going to do!?!?

Comment

I have to respectfully disagree with my brothers about waiting until you get an EOD to back out. If you wait up until that point you will have wasted a TON of resources, people's time, and a lot of money depending on whether your clearance was done or not. In general that is just bad practice. I had a colleague who did that with a three letter agency and he was essentially black balled from future consideration.

If it's your dream job and the other gig doesn't work out and you attempt to come back to it there is a high likelihood that they may remember you as the guy who waited until the 12th hour to flake out.

I say have a decision one way or the other by the conditional offer date and go with it. At the end of the day you don't want to put bad ju-ju out there.
        Last edited by kwaz; 06-29-2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

You put an 1811 job on hold, and as one of the Sharks on Shark Tank would say, "You're dead to me."

Also, as others have said, there are thousands in line behind you. No soup for you - NEXT!!!
          They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
            You put an 1811 job on hold, and as one of the Sharks on Shark Tank would say, "You're dead to me."

Also, as others have said, there are thousands in line behind you. No soup for you - NEXT!!!
            This! I remember a time where agencies flew candidates in for interviews and covered the cost for the candidate. Now a days they schedule the interviews cancel on the candidate at the last minute leaving them with no interview and a fat travel bill. Man how things have changed for the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by kwaz View Post
              This! I remember a time where agencies flew candidates in for interviews and covered the cost for the candidate. Now a days they schedule the interviews cancel on the candidate at the last minute leaving them with no interview and a fat travel bill. Man how things have changed for the worst.
              Next thing you're going to tell me is you remember the Tooth Fairy slipping cash under your pillow. Let's not be ridiculous now.

(Just in case it's not obvious: Joking.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
                In the words of that noted scribe Eminem, "You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow."

But don't be like the dog on a bridge with a bone in his mouth who drops it in the water when he looks down and sees another dog with a bone. Make your decision and be happy with it.
                I love your brand of philosophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary."

Comment

Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
                  Next thing you're going to tell me is you remember the Tooth Fairy slipping cash under your pillow. Let's not be ridiculous now.

(Just in case it's not obvious: Joking.)
                  Aspiring, lol it was a magical time!!

Comment

Originally posted by joemama1 View Post
                    Hi all,

First off, thanks for all of the advice that I've been able to glean from this site for the past couple years - it's been invaluable.

I'm in a weird position - I've been fortunate enough to receive an 1811 conditional offer (after trying for several years) and have been processing through it - I've done the written, interview, and psych. However, immediately prior to being given the offer, I received a different job offer in a different field that will start in a few months. While becoming an 1811 has been my dream job for years, I am also very interested in this other area. If possible, I would like to work the other job for a bit to see how I like it. My question is this - is it possible to put my application process on hold? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you,
                    Joe
                    You're thinking of turning it down? Gibbs isn't gonna like this.

That said, think long term like 20 years from now or retirement day when you're 57 and the rest of us will still be pushing a marked unit for another decade by then. Getting a good 1811 job is akin to winning the lottery nowadays. Eight months down the road though...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6775 users online. 212 members and 6563 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X