Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Progression in Career?

Good day everyone,

I am a current law enforcement officer at a state university (full arrest powers, etc). I have a masters degree, EMT, 5 point veteran. I am currently pending meet and greet for the current FBI SA posting. I recently applied for a state level criminal investigator SA position, made final interview. I asked point blank what I need to improve if I was not selected; I was told just time to add law enforcement experience.

There is currently an open criminal intelligence analyst position at the state level criminal investigation agency. Do you think this position would give me a leg up or be a beneficial change of jobs?

Keeping in mind, my ultimate goal is a 1811 position or state level SA position.

Thank you!

There is currently an open criminal intelligence analyst position at the state level criminal investigation agency. Do you think this position would give me a leg up or be a beneficial change of jobs?
    That would not be smart move, IMO.

Analysts live in one world, gun toters live in another. While the two worlds frequently intermix, they are still distinct cultures.

Be patient and stay where you're at. You've got more going for you than 80% of the applicant pool.
    One day, lad, this will all be yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
      That would not be smart move, IMO.

Analysts live in one world, gun toters live in another. While the two worlds frequently intermix, they are still distinct cultures.

Be patient and stay where you're at. You've got more going for you than 80% of the applicant pool.
      I appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Comment

Stay a LEO, and keep trying on large scale announcements (FBI, SS, HSI, Postal). It takes a while, cause remember these jobs aren't a guaranteed hire for most folks.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson_07 View Post
          Good day everyone,

I am a current law enforcement officer at a state university (full arrest powers, etc). I have a masters degree, EMT, 5 point veteran. I am currently pending meet and greet for the current FBI SA posting. I recently applied for a state level criminal investigator SA position, made final interview. I asked point blank what I need to improve if I was not selected; I was told just time to add law enforcement experience.

Keeping in mind, my ultimate goal is a 1811 position or state level SA position.

Thank you!
          No.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7158 users online. 313 members and 6845 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X