300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
    The actual move cross country sucks. The packing, and unpacking, the U-haul.... But it is an adventure, an experience you will always remember. I moved out to California from NY, and then back again 5 years later. Its worth it.
    Good to hear. I'm not looking forward to a 30 hour drive but it comes with it.

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post
      I drove out to CA from NY for an LEO job and roomed with a complete stranger about five blocks away from the academy. I found the room on Craigslist, there are lots of rooms and other places available on Craigslist if you're willing to look. I'd highly recommend getting a place that's close to your academy.
      Yeah I'm currently in the process of looking but that's assuming I get hired which is no guarantee. I've got a few good places in mind. I would love to room with someone but I just can't do it with a stranger. I'm just gonna eat the money on that one. I've been out there several times and I think I know which areas are more favorable than others IMO. As far as the move, are you still there? How long did it take you to get used to life there? Do you still enjoy being there?

Comment

Originally posted by ecg14 View Post
        I'm not looking forward to a 30 hour drive but it comes with it.
        Dude, that's the best part.

Take your time, get off the interstate, take local highways and go through small towns. I would rather drive and take road trips than fly. I have seen more interesting sights, met great people and had the most fantastic food by driving. There have been times I've found myself in places so relaxing that I just parked the car and said to myself, "I don't want to leave. I don't know what I'd do if I stayed, but I don't want to leave."
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
          Dude, that's the best part.

Take your time, get off the interstate, take local highways and go through small towns. I would rather drive and take road trips than fly. I have seen more interesting sights, met great people and had the most fantastic food by driving. There have been times I've found myself in places so relaxing that I just parked the car and said to myself, "I don't want to leave. I don't know what I'd do if I stayed, but I don't want to leave."
          As far as the sight seeing and enjoying the scenery goes, absolutely. It's just the stuck in the car part that gets boring. But hey, it's all part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
            Moving from Georgia to LA be prepared for total culture shock! Everything from the price of gas to the attitude of the people.
            Why are most people in CA so superficial and only care about looks, money, and status?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6293 users online. 228 members and 6065 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X