300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
    If you associate with criminals (such as dopers) you can be disqualified. The girlfriend in question, the dope-head, is a criminal due to the fact that she either manufactures (grows) OR purchases her dope AND she possesses it. As any of these things are illegal, and you know about it, you are associating with a criminal. I was typing slowly so that you can absorb it as you obviously are waiting for an answer you want to hear, such as:
    Following advise such as ^^^this^^^ will get you on the wrong side of your BI and polygraph examiner.

Well that isn't the case but nevertheless thank you and everybody else for their contribution to the tread. Appreciate it.
    Last edited by Culper1773; 07-16-2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

The idea of avoiding questionable associations goes beyond simply passing a background investigation, its expected of you throughout your entire career. A lot of cops, myself included, had to "say goodbye" to someone in their life because of that person's activities or associations. As an officer of the law, the public puts its trust in you to be both fair and ethical. It is your responsibility to maintain that trust and keep yourself out of situations that may compromise your integrity. Ask anyone in internal affairs and they will tell you that a lot of dirty officers/agents turned in part because of their associations.

Comment

Originally posted by kwaz View Post
        If we are talking about OPM let's not act like their system for background's as a whole is that thorough.
        I wasn't referring to OPM; their agents read their questions from a script. So far this year, I've had four of them across the desk from me doing BI on former and present employees. Three of them weren't even looking at me when I answered their questions; my body could have been telling a different story than my mouth lol.
        It takes a certain kind of person to be a GOOD background investigator
        It does and I am.
        OPM hires anybody who can pass a TS. It's more like the inmates running the prison if you know what I mean.
        I would have to agree.
        Long story short and I respectfully say this, if you were referring to 6 passed OPM backgrounds let's not use that as the standard of good background investigations because we all know it is not. If you were talking about local agencies then that is a different story.
        Five were local / county and one (and oddly, one of the most thorough) was Union Pacific. I wasn't counting my security clearance (TS: SCI) and they (DoD) didn't even polygraph me for that. What they did do at that time was to compare the National Security Questionnaire that I completed for the clearance to the one that I filled out prior to entering the military. They checked for consistency and they (at the time the Defense Investigative Service) sent agents to everywhere I had worked, lived and gone to school.
        My old police department's background was insanely tougher than any federal background I've ever undergone. It ranged from listing EVERY job you've ever had to listing EVERY residence you've ever lived more than 90 days. For my fellow veterans they know how tedious that can be.
        I would also agree wholeheartedly with this.
        Long story short if a BI wants to find dirt on you he/she can. It totally depends how deep down the rabbit hole they want to go.
        From where I stand, they won't go very far down the 'rabbit hole' IF everything else is lining up. I wouldn't waste much time on trying to find dirt on someone who isn't shady and doesn't associate with dopers & criminals.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5887 users online. 171 members and 5716 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X