300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
    Please don't minimize the sacrifice one service member made to a grateful nation, just to get your point across. There are other civilized ways to do so sir/ma'am/other
    Entirely agree with you scotty. Making light of someone's death goes beyond the usual inter-service name calling. There's a family out there missing someone they love.
    The attacks derailed the topic and demonstrate serious immaturity from the poster.

LASD is just a few miles north of Camp Pendleton. I know from experience that maybe 1/4 of the Marines there have at least a mild interest in law enforcement (myself included) so I imagine the competition must be rough.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I get inter service ball busting, but chipper did intend to belittle that service member's sacrifice by claiming the many contractors died also. Could have went about it others ways. IMO.
      He wasnt belittling anyone. His comment about the contractors is true.

Comment

I get inter service ball busting, but chipper did intend to belittle that service member's sacrifice by claiming the many contractors died also. Could have went about it others ways. IMO.
        What about the guy belittling PTSD vets, or trying to belittle me and my service? You choose to ignore his outburst because he has a high post count...

Comment

The contractor comment was true, but I stick by my assessment of that whole comment.

However, 3C'so high post count is there for a reason. On another note, agencies take on HUGE liabilities in hiring a diagnosed PTSD vet. At least I have heard that from the hiring authority at three different depts I applied for after I failed the psych. And thankfully I don't have PTSD.

Comment

Im going to attempt to right this ship, without going on a rant which no one will bother to read anyway. First, while I don't condone some of 3C's comments, you prospective police applicants need to understand that these opinions on veterans and PTSD are out there. Right, wrong, indifferent: get used to it.

Get rid of the ideas we all had drilled into our noggins in boot camp and after 4+ years in the Marine Corps. . We are not better than our college educated, non-combat veteran counterparts when it comes to getting a job. Police agencies are not going to come to you because you are a Marine. In fact some of them think of "combat vets" as tainted goods. It is what it is. 3C delivery wasn't my favorite, but he does make a valid point regarding veterans health and employment. Deal with it.

One thing you need to understand about this, and it's difficult for a young firebreather to come to grips with: when you EAS, nobody cares about what you've done. No parade, no pat on the back. Iraq didn't get me a job or a house or diapers for my kid . When you start the academy, make it to FTO, probation.... Nobody cares if you kicked doors in Falujah or flew medevacs in the Korengal valley. You are a new guy. A boot. FNG all over again. Nobody cares if You have medals or anything! You draw the shift nobody wants, the crap car with no AC in the summer and no heat in winter, you work the post the farthest from the station. And when a senior man tells you **** to do, you do it. And if you're smart you say thank you. There are plenty of other people who want a cop job who will if you dont.

If you are butthurt about this, or what 3C said you are looking into the wrong line of work. This is a stressful job, just turn on the news and you'll see the anti cop crowd attacking us every step of the way. Think about that...

I love the Marine Corps. I will be a Marine until I draw my last breath. The Marine Corps made me who I am, and gave me the tools to get where ai am today. I have the utmost respect for you all who've served, especially those who've been in harms way. Don't cheapen the sacrifices made by others just because they wore a different color uniform, we all took the same oath. I wish you all luck in your endeavors. Semper Fi.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

On a seperate note : the US Coast Guard deployed plenty of guys to the Persian Gulf to conduct counter piracy ops, secure oil wells, and tankers in support of OIF.

I can also say from first hand knowledge that the Coast Guard had guys patrolling on Lake Qadisiya and the Euphrathes River around the Haditha Dam. For those who don't know, Haditha was a bad place in '06-'07. (Remember the massacre and the subsequent uprising). It scared the **** out of me a few times! And more than a few Coasties earned the CAR there.

Comment

Yeah... We don't do much at all.... Just drive boats around the US..
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                  Im going to attempt to right this ship, without going on a rant which no one will bother to read anyway. First, while I don't condone some of 3C's comments, you prospective police applicants need to understand that these opinions on veterans and PTSD are out there. Right, wrong, indifferent: get used to it.

Get rid of the ideas we all had drilled into our noggins in boot camp and after 4+ years in the Marine Corps. . We are not better than our college educated, non-combat veteran counterparts when it comes to getting a job. Police agencies are not going to come to you because you are a Marine. In fact some of them think of "combat vets" as tainted goods. It is what it is. 3C delivery wasn't my favorite, but he does make a valid point regarding veterans health and employment. Deal with it.

One thing you need to understand about this, and it's difficult for a young firebreather to come to grips with: when you EAS, nobody cares about what you've done. No parade, no pat on the back. Iraq didn't get me a job or a house or diapers for my kid . When you start the academy, make it to FTO, probation.... Nobody cares if you kicked doors in Falujah or flew medevacs in the Korengal valley. You are a new guy. A boot. FNG all over again. Nobody cares if You have medals or anything! You draw the shift nobody wants, the crap car with no AC in the summer and no heat in winter, you work the post the farthest from the station. And when a senior man tells you **** to do, you do it. And if you're smart you say thank you. There are plenty of other people who want a cop job who will if you dont.

If you are butthurt about this, or what 3C said you are looking into the wrong line of work. This is a stressful job, just turn on the news and you'll see the anti cop crowd attacking us every step of the way. Think about that...

I love the Marine Corps. I will be a Marine until I draw my last breath. The Marine Corps made me who I am, and gave me the tools to get where ai am today. I have the utmost respect for you all who've served, especially those who've been in harms way. Don't cheapen the sacrifices made by others just because they wore a different color uniform, we all took the same oath. I wish you all luck in your endeavors. Semper Fi.
                  Rant? Yes my friend.

But I read it, totally understood it and agreed hook line and sinker.

Like you this old Soldier will never die, but he will fade away.

Comment

Originally posted by Full_Sarn' View Post
                    Oh and by the way, Eulalio Tordil (the FPS officer who went on the shooting spree) didn't have PTSD. He was also a former Army reservist.
                    Just wanted to clarify this for you all, to show you how 3C's comment was unwarranted and be-littling.

Comment

Just wanted to clarify this for you all, to show you how 3C's comment was unwarranted and be-littling.
                      Thanks it always helps to get clarification on things that are written in black and white. Is there anything useful you would like to add or do you want to cry about 3C hurting your feelings some more?

Comment

Oh and by the way, Eulalio Tordil (the FPS officer who went on the shooting spree) didn't have PTSD. He was also a former Army reservist.
                        Do you know for a fact that Tordil DIDN'T have PTSD?
                        Last edited by scotty_appleton814; 06-04-2016, 02:39 PM. Reason: Damn autocorrect

Comment

Marine to LASD

A lot of people don't realize how much the Coast Guard does as part of their mission at home. Plenty of them see a lot of action due to the drug interdiction missions and rescue operations.

Nothing but respect on my end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary."

Comment

This thread is hilarious on so many levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceVega0369 View Post
                              This thread is hilarious on so many levels.
                              And pretty sad on so many others..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9253 users online. 386 members and 8867 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X