Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 ICE Deportation Officer Announcements for 'DHS Only' and 'Status Candidates'

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 ICE Deportation Officer Announcements for 'DHS Only' and 'Status Candidates'

2016 ICE Deportation Officer Announcements for 'DHS Only' and 'Status Candidates' Only; NOT 'all US Citizens' announcements.

The thread for All US Citizens hiring can be found here.

Figured I would start a thread for the huge nationwide announcements that have opened and closed recently for current employees, both the 'DHS Employees Only' and 'Status Candidates' announcements.

Might be more useful for us applicants since our hiring process is very different from the people in the huge ICE DO thread for all US Citizens.

I have applied to the Virginia Status Candidates announcement from may and in the NC/SC/GA DHS Only vacancy.

Best of luck to all in the process.
    battlewagon
    Los Feds
    Last edited by battlewagon; 05-27-2016, 02:01 PM.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Would be wise to put in for any and all locations one might consider an offer for.

Ticks me off slightly that my AOR is on the list hiring for 11s and I'm still sitting here with my 7-10.

Comment

Originally posted by GITNB View Post
      Would be wise to put in for any and all locations one might consider an offer for.

Ticks me off slightly that my AOR is on the list hiring for 11s and I'm still sitting here with my 7-10.
      Dude reapply. If they deny your memo for pay reinstatement, reapply and get your 11 back right away and be a year from your old 12, instead of 3 years.

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
        Dude reapply. If they deny your memo for pay reinstatement, reapply and get your 11 back right away and be a year from your old 12, instead of 3 years.
        My memo is pending. Hr lady responsible for processing it went on vacation. I did the reapply before and oddly enough was found ineligible lol. I'll give it ago again. Whatever gets me to an 11 faster I'll take.

Comment

Doesn't it require you to have already been through some type of federal leo course?

Comment

Originally posted by my93rx7tt View Post
            Doesn't it require you to have already been through some type of federal leo course?
            Yes it lists the Academies that are accepted.

I think these are geared towards the PAs that are hesitant about jumping ship. Most didn't want to if they had to bust down to a 7-10. Now it's only taking a slight pay cut to an 11. I know a bunch of guys who would be willing to go now for that.

Comment

Originally posted by my93rx7tt View Post
              Completion of Training: You must have successfully completed Basic Immigration Law Enforcement Training in accordance with 8 CFR 287.1(g) and other applicable agency policy. This includes successful completion of the Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) Basic Immigration Enforcement Training Program (BIETP); ICE Detention & Removal Operations (DRO) Basic Immigration Law Enforcement Training Program (ICE_D); the legacy Immigration Officer Basic Training Course (IOBTC); the Border Patrol Academy; the combination of both the legacy Basic Immigration Detention Enforcement Officer Training Course and the ICE DRO Equivalency Training Program (ETP); the ICE Special Agent Training Program; the combination of FLETC Criminal Investigator Training Program and the DRO Equivalency Training Program for Special Agents (ETPSA) and for legacy US Customs Special Agents, the ICE / Customs Special Agent Cross Training Program. Due to regulatory requirements, no other training will be accepted. (Note: Completion of training is subject to verification).

honor first

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 06-22-2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

The process for BPAs is as follows:

-Medical exam (to include vision and hearing tests)
                  -Fitness test (15 push-ups in 2 minutes, 5 minute cardio step test, kneeling to standing test)
                  -Oral Board Interview

I had to fill out eQIP again but I was never interviewed.

I was with BP for nine years. Three as a LBPA. I EOD'ed with ERO last September to a large field office as a GS 7/10. I was promoted to a GS 11/10 in February.

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
                    I posted this in the other thread as well but I figure someone will know more here. As a current PA, what will the process consist of for us?

-Med/pft
                    -I didn't do eqip
                    -Had an interview

Eod'd Dec '15 as 7-10 still waiting on my repromotion. But with these dhs only announcements looks like you start off as an 11 which is a huge plus.

Comment

Great info boys, what was your application to EOD time elapsed?

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                        Great info boys, what was your application to EOD time elapsed?
                        Feb '15-application
                        May '15- TSL (exempt from BI/eqip/academy)
                        June '15- med/pft
                        July '15- OB
                        Sept '15- email received requesting follow up medical docs
                        Oct '15 emailed medical docs
                        Nov cleared medical, a week later received the call.
                        Eod'd Dec 27 2015

This was under the IEA announcement so OS wasn't an option. That medical hold up was a big snag in my process. From July to the email for followup I called about 1-2/week asking what was going on. And I did the same thing when I sent in my follow docs.They knew it was me as soon as I said "Hello..." then it was Mr GITNB I'll check your file but I don't think anything has changed yet.

Comment

For those who have switched from BPA to DO, are you happy with your decision? I'm a former cop turned BPA and I'm not a fan of the patrol. I applied under this latest announcement but I don't want to leave a job I don't like for another that I won't like. From what I've heard indirectly through other PA's is that they really like it and would never go back to the patrol. It's not about getting "back home" for me. I like where I am living, I just don't like the patrol.

Comment

Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                            For those who have switched from BPA to DO, are you happy with your decision? I'm a former cop turned BPA and I'm not a fan of the patrol. I applied under this latest announcement but I don't want to leave a job I don't like for another that I won't like. From what I've heard indirectly through other PA's is that they really like it and would never go back to the patrol. It's not about getting "back home" for me. I like where I am living, I just don't like the patrol.

Part of my reason for jumping ship was getting closer to home. The other huge factor was a better life with my family. I went from rotating every 2 pp, no set days off, and working holidays to my set bankers hours every weekend off and holidays off. Toss in the bonus of plain clothes, beard and an iPhone and I'm happy lol. If desk work is your enemy then you probably won't like ERO. Some offices are nothing but sitting at a desk and then transporting. Others offer fug Ops and other teams. Just going to vary.

The good ol boy system of the patrol also got to me. After 7 years I wasn't able to get anywhere, not even an Intel slot in my station let alone a transfer anywhere.

Overall I do not regret one ounce of my decision to leave the patrol.

Comment

Anyone know anything about an SRT position of some sort, supposedly opening for the public, for DHS? It's supposed to come out next week....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3557 users online. 220 members and 3337 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X