300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dept of Ed snuck in a listing today

Some time after noon the Department of Education snuck in a listing for DC and Pembroke Pines, Fl. Not my cup of tea but they are accepting the first 250 applicants. I thought I was seeing things when I saw their listing required the "winner" to get a Top Secret / SCI clearance. Naturally my first reaction was, "are you freaking kidding me?" Followed by, "this exemplifies what's wrong with government spending." I cannot imagine for the life of me what the need would be for Department of Education CI's to have TS/SCI clearances. Anyone want to clue me in?

Clearly they take their football plays way too seriously

Comment

Originally posted by m.p.c View Post
      Clearly they take their football plays way too seriously
      Just...awesome...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Here's a guess. They got the guy they want and are trying to reduce the competition by requiring some clearance that he has that most of those 250 applicants wont have.

Comment

I applied to this one, but I assume, even with having some experience, it'll all be for naught once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraud Investigator View Post
            I applied to this one, but I assume, even with having some experience, it'll all be for naught once again.
            Hondo: You still want to work S.W.A.T?
            Chris: No. I just enjoy applying all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by kwaz View Post
              Some time after noon the Department of Education snuck in a listing for DC and Pembroke Pines, Fl. Not my cup of tea but they are accepting the first 250 applicants. I thought I was seeing things when I saw their listing required the "winner" to get a Top Secret / SCI clearance. Naturally my first reaction was, "are you freaking kidding me?" Followed by, "this exemplifies what's wrong with government spending." I cannot imagine for the life of me what the need would be for Department of Education CI's to have TS/SCI clearances. Anyone want to clue me in?
              Most if not all 1811 have TS clearances.

Comment

Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
                Doesn't mean they need it.
                Last edited by aspiring_fed; 05-03-2016, 01:26 PM. Reason: a word

Comment

Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
                  I agree that in the beltway area most have TS's; however, many agencies spread across the country do not. DOT, Dept of Interior, and US Marshals are a couple that come to mind as not having them.

Unless you're hunting WMD's it seems a bit excessive for the Dept of education but it's a hell of a good clearance to have on your resume. Good luck to you motivators who put in for it!
                  Last edited by kwaz; 05-03-2016, 07:57 AM.

Comment

To promote the efficiency, effectiveness, and integrity of the Department's programs and operations, we conduct independent and objective audits, investigations, inspections, and other activities. Anyone knowing of fraud, waste, or abuse of Department of Education funds should contact the OIG Hotline to make a confidential report.

That said, the 3-4 people I know that work with them only one is still there.

They said it was very, very boring work.

The good thing about it, it sounds like if you found a good location, you could stay there forever and actually have a real life. 9-5/M-F and decent cash is what most want.

Comment

Not to disparage their agency or what they do but man, if they are working M-F 9-5 than I have to question how legitimate their mission is as it relates to criminal investigations.

Comment

Not to disparage their agency or what they do but man, if they are working M-F 9-5 than I have to question how legitimate their mission is as it relates to criminal investigations.
                        Plenty of OIGs have these schedules. That doesn't mean they NEVER work on weekends or at night doing surveillance or other investigative stuff, but plenty of OIGs have a M-F, 9-5 schedule more often than not.

Comment

Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
                          Plenty of OIGs have these schedules. That doesn't mean they NEVER work on weekends or at night doing surveillance or other investigative stuff, but plenty of OIGs have a M-F, 9-5 schedule more often than not.
                          Very true

Comment

Plenty of Fed agencies on paper have the 9-5 schedule on paper, but the reality is many times you are working your LEAP (basically built in overtime), whether it's warrants, surveillance, interviews, etc. In broad terms, think of an 1811 as a detective, you may be getting late night calls to respond somewhere and/or always on call. The caveat is, while there may be many times you stick to a nice schedule, be prepared to work whenever and wherever at the drop of a dime and not get paid for it, because you are working your "LEAP".

Comment

I agree that in the beltway area most have TS's; however, many agencies spread across the country do not. DOT, Dept of Interior, and US Marshals are a couple that come to mind as not having them.

Unless you're hunting WMD's it seems a bit excessive for the Dept of education but it's a hell of a good clearance to have on your resume. Good luck to you motivators who put in for it!
                              USMS have SSBI backgrounds because some of them have TS clearances.. It deals with access to agency and employee information..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5978 users online. 229 members and 5749 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X