300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kwaz View Post
    Not to disparage their agency or what they do but man, if they are working M-F 9-5 than I have to question how legitimate their mission is as it relates to criminal investigations.
    Nature of the beast when it comes to a lot of OIG Shops. The crimes they/we are investigating are very long, drawn out, and take (in same case) years to complete only to either get them tossed back at you by some idiot at the local USAO Office or have them not even file.

Example: I worked 2.5 years on a case involving technology going into ground based RADAR units National Weather Service had purchased. We (the US Gov) thought the company we purchased the technology from was trying to screw NWS over by using faulty and substandard parts and software. Working 20 hour days wasn't going to make the casework go any faster hence the reason I can say we worked a lot of "9-5/M-F" days on it.

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

I thought you guys were literally saying their schedule is 9-5 as opposed to figuratively. It didn't make sense to me considering they should be obligated to work additional time to meet the LEAP requirement this is why I was questioning their mission albeit wrongly.

I don't know to many 1811's who are actively working significant case loads who get out of the office at such a reasonable time but then again it may just be my limited interaction due to my own case load.
      Last edited by kwaz; 05-04-2016, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Dept of Ed snuck in a listing today

Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
        USMS have SSBI backgrounds because some of them have TS clearances.. It deals with access to agency and employee information..
        Every LEO ever deals with sensitive agency and employee information. I thought security clearances are for access to information that is deemed classified, though.

Comment

I thought you guys were literally saying their schedule is 9-5 as opposed to figuratively. It didn't make sense to me considering they should be obligated to work additional time to meet the LEAP requirement this is why I was questioning their mission albeit wrongly.

I don't know to many 1811's who are actively working significant case loads who get out of the office at such a reasonable time but then again it may just be my limited interaction due to my own case load.

I guess I should have said that better. My bad.

Yes, figuratively speaking, a lot (if not most) IG Offices seem to work a "M-F/9-5" work week, with LEAP tossed in.

Some of the cases I have are so damn technical in nature, I have to get outside expert opins that take forever to get (at times) that I can easily leave on time and get home to do stuff like watching the kids kick soccer balls around at other suburb kids.

Other times, when I get things rolling, I can easily stay late to finish stuff up. Does that happen a lot with my cases? Usually not.

Comment

Originally posted by ignignokt373 View Post
            I guess I should have said that better. My bad.

Yes, figuratively speaking, a lot (if not most) IG Offices seem to work a "M-F/9-5" work week, with LEAP tossed in.

Some of the cases I have are so damn technical in nature, I have to get outside expert opins that take forever to get (at times) that I can easily leave on time and get home to do stuff like watching the kids kick soccer balls around at other suburb kids.

Other times, when I get things rolling, I can easily stay late to finish stuff up. Does that happen a lot with my cases? Usually not.

Man, care to trade agencies? lol

Comment

Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
              Every LEO ever deals with sensitive agency and employee information. I thought security clearances are for access to information that is deemed classified, though.
              Not every LEO has access to employee sensitive information.. OIG's would have access to email servers, personnel files, and etc... A regular 0083 police officer wouldn't have access to that information.

Comment

Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
                Plenty of OIGs have these schedules. That doesn't mean they NEVER work on weekends or at night doing surveillance or other investigative stuff, but plenty of OIGs have a M-F, 9-5 schedule more often than not.
                More like 9:00 am to 7:00 pm (gotta get that LEAP in).
                They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                  More like 9:00 am to 7:00 pm (gotta get that LEAP in).
                  Whoops. My mistake.

Comment

Anyone referred to the Department of Education OIG (New York City) position from early May?

Comment

Did the NOR's go out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I put in for Florida and DC from that same listing date and I've gotten nothing yet. We shall see

Comment

I put in for Florida and DC from that same listing date and I've gotten nothing yet. We shall see
                          I got an email from the announcement that I was referred for Pembroke.

Comment

Originally posted by ocaptainjr2 View Post
                            I got an email from the announcement that I was referred for Pembroke.
                            I just checked and was referred as well. I want the Florida gig badly, probably more so than any other listing I've put in for, but I know how that works when you want something that bad lol. Good luck man.

Comment

Did you guys put in for the general public announcement or current 1811?

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup725 View Post
                                Did you guys put in for the general public announcement or current 1811?

I put in for both. One show referred, the other still shows received. I'll try to check later and let you know which is referred.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10542 users online. 447 members and 10095 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X