Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m waiting on my Conditional Offer. Took my drug screening 2 weeks ago. I’d be relocating my family to Tennessee should everything go my way. I got a starting off just north of $50K. Does anybody know how much the NV 01 guys in TN actually make with incentive pay/per diem/OT? I’m wondering what sort of house I’d be able to afford down there should I make through and accept a final offer.

Comment

• LONG_HORN
      LONG_HORN commented
      Editing a comment
      Hold your horse cowboy!! You still have 3 days assessment in NM and background check than last HRP qualification. By the way you are not the only one applied to job. They usually get 3-5 k applicants and they invite to NM 150 applicants. Buying house or thinking about moving family needs to hold till make sure you will receive final offer for school seat. If you have more questions send me pm.

No page 8 on this subject matter, nor any other communication since May of 2019. Just completed 3 Day Session in Albuquerque, NM.

Comment

What’s the job actually like? I’m trying figure out if it’s worth it or not.

Comment

• Usmc1586
        Usmc1586 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty much a Tactical truck driver. They are really looking for veterans with significant combat experience. From what I have researched the training is top notch however if you are looking for law enforcement this really isn’t it. From my understanding OST Agents aren’t even covered under LEOSA and do not carry their credentials when they are not working. Not taking anything away from what they do. Maybe some stuff has changed since I originally applied but it is a single persons job as you can be on the road most of the month. The greatest benefit seems to be the special retirement provision and the high speed training. If you do some research there were a lot of issues with OST and alcohol abuse, sleep deprivation, etc. Much like the Air Marshals, countless hours sitting in a tight space can do a number on the body and mind.

• NCG128
        NCG128 commented
        Editing a comment
        8 officers from my job left for them. None had any type of combat/military experience

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15478 users online. 461 members and 15017 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X