Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's two openings on USAJobs - closing tomorrow.

I applied to ABQ for the helluvit. Used to work at a nuke base and saw the trucks leaving the WSA's periodically.

Comment

• Camelbak
      Camelbak commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the heads up! I missed the announcement last year.

I applied since I definitely have the experience for it. I was on TRF at a nuke base. So, one of our primary missions were nuclear conveys. Plus I currently work in federal law enforcement. So we'll see what happens.

• FederalHopeful
      FederalHopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      You’ll be at the top of the list with that experience. I wouldn’t leave a fed cop job for it, but it’d be cool to do it for a few years.

I was at Malmstrom for a while so I know the ins and outs of the nuke business too.

• Camelbak
      Camelbak commented
      Editing a comment
      I received NoR today for the announcement, hopefully it'll lead somewhere.

I just received notification today that I was selected, and would be notified in 2 to 3 weeks to report for a drug test. Anyone else hear anything?

Comment

• Camelbak
      Camelbak commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I also received a notification. I'll be selecting Albuquerque.

I'm definitely looking forward to it, if I get it. They have one of the top firearms courses in the country.

Originally posted by Milveteran View Post
    I just received notification today that I was selected, and would be notified in 2 to 3 weeks to report for a drug test. Anyone else hear anything?
    I got the same notification today. I chose Amarillo over Albuquerque due to high crime.

Comment

Does anyone know how these guys make their OT? Is it always given due to the nature of the job or do you have to give up your non-mission weeks to get it.

Comment

You get no OT on non-mission weeks unless there is some type of important scheduled training.

Comment

Originally posted by wildstar82 View Post
          You get no OT on non-mission weeks unless there is some type of important scheduled training.
          Thanks for answering my question. I have a family a would find it difficult to be gone all the time just to make some OT.

Comment

I'm a little confused, are these guys actually considered law enforcement. I heard from someone going through the hiring process that these guys aren't even covered under LEOSA...

Comment

Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
              I'm a little confused, are these guys actually considered law enforcement. I heard from someone going through the hiring process that these guys aren't even covered under LEOSA...
              They have law enforcement retirement and I assume they can carry under LEOSA since, the law pretty much covers everyone even slightly performing a law enforcement role such as, Correctional Officers.

Comment

They will not allow you to carry your firearm when not on a mission. You have to check it in and out of the armory. I had also heard they were now making folks check their creds as well. When I worked there they would openly tell you not to carry off duty through LEOSA with your creds, but to get a state concealed carry permit. Stupid and irritating. They are under 6c and derive LE authority through Atomic Energy Act, when is very narrow in scope.

Comment

Originally posted by wildstar82 View Post
                  They will not allow you to carry your firearm when not on a mission. You have to check it in and out of the armory. I had also heard they were now making folks check their creds as well. When I worked there they would openly tell you not to carry off duty through LEOSA with your creds, but to get a state concealed carry permit. Stupid and irritating. They are under 6c and derive LE authority through Atomic Energy Act, when is very narrow in scope.
                  Lame. Do they have a union?

Comment

Originally posted by C/ONWA1 View Post

Lame. Do they have a union?
                    Not even hired and you’re already starting this stuff?
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Not even hired and you’re already starting this stuff?
                      Nah not really. Just trying to understand the logic behind the anti-leosa. I did a combat tour doing convoys with no law enforcement authority so not a big deal.

Comment

So I got a conditional offer, the next step is the medical, psych, and physical test in Albuquerque. Does anyone have any insight about the career? I have a general idea (since I’ve done nuclear convoys before), but there really isn’t that much info out there. From what I understand it’s a lot of driving and training, which I would enjoy. I’m not married/family, so the amount of travel doesn’t bother me.

Pros/Cons?
                        Advancement and career progression?

Comment

Seems they have another opening until the 19th.

Comment

I got my dates for the trip to Albuquerque. Anyone else here going?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8340 users online. 365 members and 7975 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X