Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 0 interest in this job.... But the more I'm reading into it; it sounds like a bank/money armor-truck transpo security gig with a sexy name, and more appealing mission statement.
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

I talked to an agent that basically told me if you want something to help build your resume do this job for a few years and run away...you get excellent training and the title federal agent...but you also travel 2 -3 weeks out of the month which is terrible for family life

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

Look, here's the skinny: it's like FAMS, only in trucks. Same job.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Everybody missing big point. Read the job announcement carefully about medical and HRP!!! They screen before twice a year min 3-5000 veteran and only invite 250-300 to NM. After you passed everything class only 15-20 max. Almost there are no veteran left they didn't screen lol. Good luck to all of you get invited to NM )

Comment

Originally posted by brian2012 View Post
            This doesn't seem that bad. You get paid to sit in a truck and drive around and have good training, sign me up.

I'm currently a federal law enforcement officer and I haven't made an arrest in over 3 years. I now sit on my butt all day and the training my agency offers is subpar. More than half of the officers I've worked with would never even be able to pull their weapon out fast enough to return fire.

My only question for them would be, does all of their OT go towards their high 3? I can only put half of the OT I'm allowed towards my high 3.
            Zero amount of OT goes toward your high three. This isn't LEAP or AUO. They work a First 40 schedule. They also do pay banding which screws their guys royally. In this job, your high three will be $40k~ year. All this talk of high speed training....don't set your sights too high or you will be drastically disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by brian2012 View Post
              This doesn't seem that bad. You get paid to sit in a truck and drive around and have good training, sign me up.

I'm currently a federal law enforcement officer and I haven't made an arrest in over 3 years. I now sit on my butt all day and the training my agency offers is subpar. More than half of the officers I've worked with would never even be able to pull their weapon out fast enough to return fire.

My only question for them would be, does all of their OT go towards their high 3? I can only put half of the OT I'm allowed towards my high 3.

It's actually the first 50% of statutory overtime pay cap earned yearly that's retirement eligible.

The cap is currently at $35,000. Every overtime dollar earned up to $17,500 is retirement creditable.
              Last edited by merlin436; 05-10-2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                It's actually the first 50% of statutory overtime pay cap earned yearly that's retirement eligible.

The cap is currently at $35,000. Every overtime dollar earned up to $17,500 is retirement creditable.
                Not sure what you're referring to, but OT doesn't count toward your high 3 for retirement. It's always been like that as long as I've been in the govt. If you know something different, I would love to see it.

https://www.opm.gov/retirement-servi...n/computation/

"It does not include payments for overtime,"

Comment

Originally posted by wildstar82 View Post
                  Not sure what you're referring to, but OT doesn't count toward your high 3 for retirement. It's always been like that as long as I've been in the govt. If you know something different, I would love to see it.

https://www.opm.gov/retirement-servi...n/computation/

"It does not include payments for overtime,"
                  Brian is a Customs and Border Protection Officer within CBP, as am I.

Under COPRA, (Customs Officer Pay Reform Act of 1993),our overtime up to the first 50% of the statutory cap is retirement creditable.

Things were set up that way back in the day to more or less equate with AUO and LEAP. When we were journeyman GS -09s in the 90's, it was a far better deal for us. The journeyman bumps to GS -11 and GS-12 have largely made a comparable 25% AUO, LEAP or even the Border Patrol pay Reform Act to be a better deal, at least retirement-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    Brian is a Customs and Border Protection Officer within CBP, as am I.

Under COPRA, (Customs Officer Pay Reform Act of 1993),our overtime up to the first 50% of the statutory cap is retirement creditable.

Things were set up that way back in the day to more or less equate with AUO and LEAP. When we were journeyman GS -09s in the 90's, it was a far better deal for us. The journeyman bumps to GS -11 and GS-12 have largely made a comparable 25% AUO, LEAP or even the Border Patrol pay Reform Act to be a better deal, at least retirement-wise.
                    Gotcha. Makes sense. Thanks for the info. Learn something new everyday! I wish they would implement that government wide.

Comment

This used to be the best job out there 10 years ago...
                      $$ Financial Crimes Commando $$
                      HSI SA

Comment

Leave it back there don't bring it up.)

Comment

I applied in May and I'm already halfway through the process. They move fast as hell and told me that I would know if I got the job by Oct 2016. The academy starts June/July 2017. I have a buddy I was in the Marines with who has been doing this for over 10 years and he loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I called to get more information and they told me that the past two classes of "25" only have 7 and 8 respectively. They are hurting for people.

Comment

Has anyone gone through the process for this position?

Comment

Originally posted by a.pillai41 View Post
                                Has anyone gone through the process for this position?
                                I used to do the job. Ran away fast.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8618 users online. 465 members and 8153 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X