Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They love to claim that they hire SOF folks, but the truth is very few SOF guys work there. They hire a LOT of Security Force Marines, regular grunts, and DOE SPOs. Don't listen to their recruiters because they will blow smoke up your butt. They are a revolving door for anybody with motivation and a brain due to the slow work and terrible treatment by their management.

Comment

Sort of like the Myth that Armored Car companies hire Tier One guys only...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        Are you serious?

Comment

Yep. "They are highly trained..."

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            LMAO! I was an armored car driver back in 1999 making $9.25hr and I'm far from a tier one guy, or even tier two, lol

Comment

But you always walked with your gat in hand, right? I mean, out of the holster.

Comment

I don't even think ost guys are covered under leosa even though they carry the title "federal agent"

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

You just HAD to go there...

Comment

Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
                    I don't even think ost guys are covered under leosa even though they carry the title "federal agent"
                    "Nuclear Materials Couriers are authorized by the Atomic Energy Act to make warrantless arrests and carry firearms in the performance of their duties."

I read thru the whole brochure and never saw anything about off-duty carry on Creds.

Would be interesting to find out if they are covered or not.

Comment

I was curious so I e-mail the recruiter about this job, here is the response:

Hello Brian,

Yes, we are covered under the Federal Law Enforcement 20 year retirement. As for pay matching, our Agency is able to match pay for incoming current federal employees so long as it falls within our base level NV-01 Payband. It would have to be negotiated by our managers, but you would come in at a higher rate of pay it depends on your experience and qualifications. Currently the NV-01 Payband reaches around $75k. We do not receive LEAP, but we do pay out overtime at time and a half. See the attached sheet for information on how that will impact your yearly income. The attached sheet should answer a good number of other questions you may also have.

Curtis J. Johnson
                      DOE-NNSA-OST
                      Federal Agent Recruiting
                      [email protected]
                      505-845-4044

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                        "Nuclear Materials Couriers are authorized by the Atomic Energy Act to make warrantless arrests and carry firearms in the performance of their duties."

I read thru the whole brochure and never saw anything about off-duty carry on Creds.

Wonder how many "warrantless arrests" they made in fy 15..likely none

Comment

Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
                          Wonder how many "warrantless arrests" they made in fy 15..likely none

Suspecting Zero......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post

NMC do fall under 6c retirement, but their authority is limited to the Atomic Energy Act. They issue you creds, a badge, and a gun...that you have to check in the safe at the office. You can't carry them when you are not on a mission. While they would fall under the definition of LEOSA, since you wont have your creds to carry you are screwed. I remember a day when you were allowed to take your creds/badge home, but management would tell you not to use your DOE creds to carry off-duty, although LEOSA gave us the ability.

As to the PC arrest, someone up the chain would defecate a brick if an agent tried it. It just won't happen outside of a major incident.

Comment

Originally posted by wildstar82 View Post

As to the PC arrest, someone up the chain would defecate a brick if an agent tried it. It just won't happen outside of a major incident.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3LPbtBd7Kg
                              Last edited by Bearcat357; 04-29-2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment

This doesn't seem that bad. You get paid to sit in a truck and drive around and have good training, sign me up.

I'm currently a federal law enforcement officer and I haven't made an arrest in over 3 years. I now sit on my butt all day and the training my agency offers is subpar. More than half of the officers I've worked with would never even be able to pull their weapon out fast enough to return fire.

My only question for them would be, does all of their OT go towards their high 3? I can only put half of the OT I'm allowed towards my high 3.
                                Last edited by brian2012; 05-08-2016, 05:52 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8525 users online. 453 members and 8072 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X