• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOW HIRING: DOE Nuclear Materials Couriers - Federal Agents

https://fmt.kcp.com/OSTfederalagent/

NOW HIRING: DOE Nuclear Materials Couriers

Federal Agent Recruiter- Nuclear Materials Courier -
    U.S. Department of Energy - NNSA - OST

Now hiring for the Federal Agent Nuclear Materials Courier career field.

The job posting is for all 3 duty locations Amarillo, TX, Oak Ridge, TN and Albuquerque, NM.

Below you will find a link that will take you to the Agency's Federal Agent Recruiting Website. If you are interested in applying after you have read over the information on our website you can click on the link that is marked: "Job is posted on USAJOBS" and it will take you directly to the posting.

https://fmt.kcp.com/OSTfederalagent/

Who may apply:

Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) eligible Veterans only - The Nuclear Materials Courier position will be filled using the Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) authority. Applicants appointed under the VRA are placed in the excepted service. After successful completion of 2 years of service under this appointment, conversion to the competitive service is possible. Veterans' preference applies for appointments made under the VRA authority. Please ensure you have supplied your DD-214 (proving your VRA eligibility and Age Waiver if you are over 37) and/or VA disability documents at the time of application when requested.

VRA Eligibility: The following criteria shows who is eligible for a Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA). This includes veterans who are:

In receipt of a campaign badge for service during a war or in a campaign or expedition (must be on DD-214); OR
    A disabled veteran (must submit VA documentation), OR
    In receipt of an Armed Forces Service Medal for participation in a military operation (must be on DD-214); OR
    A recently separated veteran (within the last 3 years at time of appointment), AND
    Separated under honorable conditions (this means an honorable or general discharge).
    Please note: You must provide documentation that supports your eligibility for consideration under VRA. If you do not submit your documentation, you will be deemed ineligible for the position. See Required Documents in the vacancy announcement for more information.

If my meeting with one of their agents is representative of the group, this could be a great job for anyone leaving the JSOC world or anything similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Convoy security with federal authority...terrible job for family life

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

I did PRP related activities in the Navy, and worked with these dudes. Training is grade A.... But the job itself is meh................
        "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

Originally posted by Lassiter 45 View Post
          for anyone leaving the JSOC world or anything similar.

JSOC...? Try anyone that's been in the military in combat arms or combat support.....

As stated, great training and all....but riding in convoys across the US would suck......

Comment

Ya, but do the trucks have a cool airhorn?

Comment

Originally posted by m.p.c View Post
              Ya, but do the trucks have a cool airhorn?
              They drive tractor trailers...pretty sure all the horns sound the same

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                JSOC...? Try anyone that's been in the military in combat arms or combat support.....

As stated, great training and all....but riding in convoys across the US would suck......
                I only say that because the guy who talked to us said he hires from SEALS, special forces, force recon, etc. But I know very little about their hiring process or who stands the best chance. Good luck all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lassiter 45 View Post
                  I only say that because the guy who talked to us said he hires from SEALS, special forces, force recon, etc. But I know very little about their hiring process or who stands the best chance. Good luck all.
                  Not sure what he's talking about other than to "pimp" the gig up some.....

Don’t get me wrong....great gig if you want to sit in a tractor trailer all day and putting around the US.....

All the dudes I know working the gig aren't SEALs, SF, FR, etc.... those folks tend to rate more money than this.......

Comment

I wouldn't think an operator was any better suited for this job than an MP or Security Forces, except maybe the shooting/tac movement. I don't see these guys doing recon or conducting raids, but what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Full_Sarn' View Post
                      I don't see these guys doing recon or conducting raids, but what do I know?
                      They don't......

Comment

I know one guy who worked for OST for a short time, operative word WORKED (past tense) and short time, lol. He said he was rarely home, and riding around in trucks with X amount of other dudes farting and burping in trucks and fighting over the radio station got old real quick

Comment

Originally posted by DiverB72 View Post
                          I know one guy who worked for OST for a short time, operative word WORKED (past tense) and short time, lol. He said he was rarely home, and riding around in trucks with X amount of other dudes farting and burping in trucks and fighting over the radio station got old real quick
                          Wait! You mean they aren't fighting off South Moluccan hijackers and terrorists all day? It's boring...? Who would've thunk it..?
                          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

A supervisor once told me that one of the "hardest"parts of the job is making sure the men are actually at the gym during PT time. The vibe he gave me was that this is certainly not for those craving "action." For the record he was not SF

Comment

Maybe they are less selective than the guy let on then. My impression afterward was that it was a pretty cush gig despite their readiness for an attack from a Tom Clancy novel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11073 users online. 512 members and 10561 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X