300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SDC1983 View Post
    You guys going to DC for the POSS or NY?
    I'm going to do it in NYC but I haven't received any details about the testing location yet.

Comment

Ugh, so today about a month after my application I got an email saying that I will not be invited to the POSS because I wasn't one of the first 300 applicants. What horse ****.

Why even bother leaving it open then until the end?

Comment

• LBJfan4life
        LBJfan4life commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't sweat it. They are not 6c covered. Apply to Capitol.

Originally posted by Lethal View Post
      Ugh, so today about a month after my application I got an email saying that I will not be invited to the POSS because I wasn't one of the first 300 applicants. What horse ****.

Why even bother leaving it open then until the end?
      That's rough. I was told that they are really hurting for people too so my guess is it's gotta be budget related? Otherwise the more the merrier you'd think. They're not 6c covered currently but there is apparently a bill in the house/congress to change that.

Comment

• LBJfan4life
        LBJfan4life commented
        Editing a comment
        No it's not. I use to work for them. They just lost a lawsuit that went on for 15+ years which if they would of won it would of made them 6c govered, but believe what you want. Plus they only go to a G.S. 8 as a journeyman.

• SDC1983
        SDC1983 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know the lawsuit, they were talking about it during the POSS. This is **supposedly** something in congress that's supposed to give all 0083's 6c regardless of agency. It's also not a stretch to say one could join and retire before it ever gets passed, if at all. The GS-8 is another thing too, how much does the average officer take home after base and ot?

As LBJ stated, they lost the lawsuit and got NOTHING . there is a mass exodus now because of this. It was a giant blow to the long timers who put all their eggs in the law suit basket . I left about 4 years ago and never looked back.
      average salary 50-60 and that's poverty in nyc. OT is very rare and very hit n miss .

Comment

That's rough. I was told that they are really hurting for people too so my guess is it's gotta be budget related? Otherwise the more the merrier you'd think. They're not 6c covered currently but there is apparently a bill in the house/congress to change that.

fyi

Comment

John Walsh would be very disappointed in this thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69FmHyBp8lk&t=4s

Comment

John Walsh would be very disappointed in this thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69FmHyBp8lk&t=4s
            matter of fact man you are the perfect candidate to work there. They would love to have u there. Good luck.

Comment

How long does it typically takes to get written and interview results back ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16935 users online. 366 members and 16569 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X