X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Del C

Me bro , just finished taking the assessment

Comment

• I also applied for NY. From reading the thread I guess next step we are waiting on is an email with a MVR from DMV ?

Comment

• Being that PPOs are under the postmaster general, are they restricted to only carrying while on duty or do they have full carry 24/7?

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
          orlandofed5-0 commented
          Editing a comment
          They used to turn in all of their credentials at the end of their shift, badge included.....very restricted by USPIS

• fsi1212
          fsi1212 commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't remember where I read it, but I think it said that they only turn in duty weapon at the end of shift. They hold onto everything else. But apparently they are pretty strict with personal weapons. They don't even let you keep it in your car during your shift.

• nballstar
          nballstar commented
          Editing a comment
          PPOs leave their postal owned weapons at work. The only way you’re allowed to bring your own weapon on property is if you get it approved as your duty weapon.

They are covered under LEOSA if that’s what you meant, but as far as duty weapons it stays there unless you buy your own.

• That is strict.... thanks for the answers I appreciate it. Im also in the process with FBI Police for NY. I wonder if they also are restricted to turning in credentials and firearm at eot

Comment

• fsi1212
          fsi1212 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just for the record, there is a bill attempting to work its way through Congress that will return PPOs to some of their former glory where they will respond to off property calls as well as the normal on property calls that they were restricted to a few years ago. Not sure if that bill will change any of the creds or duty weapon stuff (I doubt it). I also doubt the bill will make any headway. Its still waiting on committee review and will probably die there due to the current political climate.

• Thanks for the info! Appreciate it. Its hard to find much info the position.

Comment

• Anyone heard anything yet? My application status still says initial application. Even though I tested like a day after the posting openend

Comment

• Did anyone else have a retest date with their results ?

Comment

• fsi1212
              fsi1212 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. You always have one. If you pass or fail, you're eligible to retest after a certain amount of time. So if you pass with a low score, you can retest later to try for a higher score. Or if you fail, you can try again later.

• fsi1212 1212 ok thanks man, I was trippin for a minute.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3567 users online. 237 members and 3330 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X