Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got offered the job, today! I guess things were slow, but still moving.

Comment

• If there are any peep here that are already working, how are you liking the place? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Bro, CONGRATS!! It feels so good to see folks getting offers after all of our messages all these months of waiting! I’m happy for you, brother. So a few questions for you:
        When did you start the initial process? Meaning the entry exam, pft, interview? I started on December second and have gone through everything and have been stuck on medical since January.

How did they offer you the job? Email or phone call? Did they give you a start date at the Pentagon to start the paperwork and orientation? I live in Oklahoma City, so I’m wondering how long they would allow me for the move. Do you have a start date for FLETC?
        Congrats again, man!

Comment

• Big305786
          Big305786 commented
          Editing a comment
          I went to DC for the initial battery of testing on December. Then on January I did the medical. On February I got stuck on Medical review. In the meantime, they checked my references in April, and in May they stated my Secret clearance investigation (doing neighborhood checks, and calling prior employments again). I received the date to report via the mail. I’m a transfer from another agency so my process now requires my current agency to release my EOPF (employment file) to PFPA. I have to report to the Pentagon on October. They gave me 2.5 months notice to move. I feel it is more than enough notice. Good luck with everything. The biggest slowdown seem to be medical review. Hang in there! Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Big305786
          Big305786 commented
          Editing a comment
          No FLETC date, as I applied for a training waiver, but I am not sure if they approved it or not. They just gave me “report to the Pentagon” date. I guess I will find out once I get there.

• CBPBro
          CBPBro commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they approve your FLETC waiver? When I talked to their recruitment office, they had stated that I was exempt as a prior FLETC graduate, but I've heard that that may not always be the case

• Wow that’s fantastic! Did you do the battery on December 2nd? I’m wondering if we were in the same group. When you said you received to notification by mail, you mean an actual letter in the mail?? Should I be keeping an eye of for the postal service as opposed to an email? I’m a Federal Employee also, so I’ll have to go through that whole EOPF process too. Please keep us posted with each new step in the process, bro.

Comment

• Big305786
          Big305786 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ash, I meant email, not mail. Sorry it was a typo.
          I was there December 4 for testing. I was with a large group of TSA and DOD employees.
          HR at the Pentagon is requesting my agency’s HR contact information to process an SF-75 and TSP-19 to transfer my employment and payroll information.

• Has anyone been DQ’d for asthma, but was able to successfully contest it? I went for testing in December, medical in January, got my clearance in April, and then was DQ’d in May because I’ve had a diagnosis of asthma in the past. The pulmonologist cleared me for recruitment, but the reviewing doctor DQ’d me due to use of oral medication (haven’t taken in years) and need for inhaler (haven’t used in many months). I’ve already requested to contest it, but haven’t heard anything about the process to do so.

Comment

• Hey there ladies and gents, and congrats to everyone who received their EOD. Is it true that we all have to find our own lodging for the month of in-processing before we hit FLETC?

Comment

• Big305786
            Big305786 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, sir. That is correct. I’m moving from out of town, so I will do an Airbnb for that month.

Did you get an EOD, too?

• Big, I sure did and am pretty excited about the opportunity. Just graduated from a local LE academy and motivated to knock out another one. I’ll do the Airbnb thing too.

Comment

• Big305786
            Big305786 commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s outstanding. I also have prior local experience. From what I hear FLETC is more of a “gentlemen’s” academy. I am looking forward at no doing morning inspections every day. Hahaha.
            I have a question for you. I sent you a private message. Good luck, brother!

• Anybody hear anything? I email them every few weeks and they say I've passed the entire process, my application is just waiting final approval to get a firm job offer.

Comment

• Big305786
            Big305786 commented
            Editing a comment
            It took me exactly 11 months from application to first day of work. The longest part was medical review and final review. They are definitely hiring, the issue is FLETC spots. They will not hire without finding a FLETC date for you.

• When did you apply Schaller? I just got my referral..

Comment

• Some good info on here

Comment

• I applied to the most recent announcement and was referred but I have not received any further consideration/emails about next steps.

Comment

• Same here, I got referred, also.

Comment

• I too was referred and have a date set to take the test/exam.

Comment

• I have been referred and have a date set as well.

Comment

• Hey everyone, Im curious to as if anybody would know the grooming standards are for men regarding facial hair.
                      Another questioning have that is I am currently a LEO in the South Carolina. do any of y’all know what the prior drug use history requirements are? My current department knows about what I used in the past and I passed a polygraph, but I’m don’t know if the timeframe will be long enough for a federal application.

Comment

• Big305786
                        Big305786 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Grooming standards for males: no facial hair other than your 80s “cop” mustache.

For drug use: you will have 2 backgrounds done, one from OPM (security clearance) and one from the actual police department. Both will cover history of drug usage, but none will require a polygraph.

Know that the Feds are stuck in the 80s and are tough on history of drug use. However the scope of the investigation will largely depend on how the background investigator interprets your history of drug use. It will also varies from agency to agency concerning their standards. For example: Secret Service makes a big deal about an actual number of times you used marijuana, regardless of when you did it, where as CBP wants to know the actual dates when you used it, not how many times you did it. I understand this is an oversimplification, but at least you get the idea of what you are dealing with the feds.

Read this article which talks about Federal Security Clearances and alcohol and drug use.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.cl...ug-issues/amp/

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6003 users online. 315 members and 5688 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X