Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post

Could be they wanted a larger pool, problem with the announcement etc
    Are they recruiting heavily? The announcement said 16 vacancies. Seems kinda low for such a large agency unless they have low turnover. Also, do they hire people with no military experience? I have a degree and a few years of probation experience.

Comment

• I threw in my app again, for heck of it. I've applied 3 times in past and after filling out the background book I never hear anything back. This was even after I was already a federal LEO w/ FLETC and a TS, so it's not that I wasn't qualified or had some big undesirable issue. Then again I've heard with the amount of applications they receive that apps do get lost in the mix and that while officially advised against it, it can be helpful to call a recruiter who will sometimes pull your app (which means it tends to be put back on the top of the pile). Who knows, we'll see... luckily I'm not dependent on the job and have a better gig in the works.
      "Swallow your pride, don't let your lip react,
      You don't wanna see my hand where my hip be at"

Comment

• Code12911
        Code12911 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you a Vet? Disabled?

• ThGreatFandango
        ThGreatFandango commented
        Editing a comment
        No, don't have vet status. Which I suppose that could be why.

• So I was thinking about applying for this agency maybe in a couple years and have a few questions...

1. Where is a good place to live? Commuting to work is my biggest worry with working in DC. How long does it usually take to go to work and home?

2. How long does it usually take to get into a specialty unit?

3. Does anyone have a breakdown of the AD pay scale? I can't find one online.

Thanks in advance. I'm thinking potentially making 100k for checking id's isn't a bad gig...

Comment

• Are you married or single? There are some decent places outside of the Pentagon area if you're single like Southern Towers.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
          Are you married or single? There are some decent places outside of the Pentagon area if you're single like Southern Towers.
          Married with a baby.

Comment

• NCG128
            NCG128 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well congratulations!! I’m actually looking to move over to them once I get fletc done with. Do you know or anyone you know what the competition for this is like. I have a degree and will have the academy done. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

• oef_vet
            oef_vet commented
            Editing a comment
            No idea how competitive it is. From my understanding it's just like any other 0083 job with high turnover.

• Originally posted by oef_vet View Post

Married with a baby.
          How much are you looking to spend. There are some decent areas in Fairfax county, Loudoun county and Prince William County if you're willing to do the drive. I know some guys live in the Frederick area
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• oef_vet
            oef_vet commented
            Editing a comment
            Really depends on the take home pay. Not sure what my paycheck would look like as a new employee there... I would hope AD 7 if I get GS 7 at my current job.

• Just passed the PT, POST test, and Interview and sent in References. What’s next in the process?

Comment

• Walle
            Walle commented
            Editing a comment
            they'll contact your references, then you'll get a call to do a drug test and visit a occupational health clinic for your physical.

• K9miley
            K9miley commented
            Editing a comment
            That info was right on, the first two were done so it seems to be moving very rapidly. Thank You.

• Originally posted by K9miley View Post
          Just passed the PT, POST test, and Interview and sent in References. What’s next in the process?
          In the same boat as you. I think security and then medical are next

Comment

• Deleted....
            Last edited by vtruy; 10-06-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Well they just closed the "open to the public" announcement for 2nd time in the past 3 months. Curious as to if they're going to reopen it for a 3rd time or just call it quits for the year. Anyone make it further than being "referred to the hiring manager" this year?

Comment

• Deleted....
              Last edited by vtruy; 10-06-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Heads up, they just reopened the announcement on USAJobs.

Comment

• I'll pass i rather take a job somewhere else.

Comment

• CaptainComatose
                  CaptainComatose commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't blame you, I figured I'd spread any info I came across since a lot of the USAJobs stuff opens very randomly.

• Notice of Results for POLICE OFFICER, DE-10632613-20-AB

AD-0083-5; You are tentatively eligible for this series/grade combination based on your self-rating of your qualifications.

Bachelor Degree, no prior military / LE

Comment

• Originally posted by PA_Ed View Post
                  Notice of Results for POLICE OFFICER, DE-10632613-20-AB

AD-0083-5; You are tentatively eligible for this series/grade combination based on your self-rating of your qualifications.

Bachelor Degree, no prior military / LE
                  Did you get referred?

Comment

• PA_Ed
                    PA_Ed commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think so

I originally received this on 11/5:

"Eligible for the following position or positions:

AD-0083-5; You are tentatively eligible for this series/grade combination based on your self-rating of your qualifications."

Then I received this on 11/12:

"This is a record of the results of your application for the position of POLICE OFFICER with Pentagon Force Protection Agency
                    as detailed in Announcement Number DE-10632613-20-AB. This is not a job offer.

Ineligible for the following position or positions:

AD-0083-5; We are not able to determine your qualifications as your resume does not show complete information for each job entry, such as beginning and ending dates of employment, duties performed, and/or total hours worked per week.
                    AD-0083-6; We are not able to determine your qualifications as your resume does not show complete information for each job entry, such as beginning and ending dates of employment, duties performed, and/or total hours worked per week.
                    AD-0083-7; We are not able to determine your qualifications as your resume does not show complete information for each job entry, such as beginning and ending dates of employment, duties performed, and/or total hours worked per week."

• CaptainComatose
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry to hear PA_Ed, out of curiosity, what is your bachelors degree in? I'm the same as you, just hold a degree with no prior LE/Mil experience.

• PA_Ed
                    PA_Ed commented
                    Editing a comment
                    CaptainComatose - Dual BS degrees in Information Sciences & Technology and another in Cyber Security, 2.5 years, full time IT experience. The resume I submitted displayed beginning and ending dates of all employment and all the duties I performed but I did not specifically label each job with the hours I worked...

• CaptainComatose
                    Editing a comment
                    PA_Ed I mean technically you qualify for the 5 grade, but they may be looking more for candidates with Criminal Justice, Security, Emergency Management degrees and backgrounds. If you can (since you're already in IT), I'd suggest looking into trying to get a position in Access Control or something along those lines, it would give you physical security experience that they may be looking for.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4990 users online. 297 members and 4693 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X