Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found some short term furnished places for like 140 a day, I was told to wait till first day and look for some people to room up with

Comment

• So you just gonna go down there with bags packed and all with no where placed to stay!!!??

That sounds insane lol. I'm coming from NY/NJ. That just seems crazy to me. Also I've seen air bnb private rooms for as low as $20-25 a day. But I'm confused. It says report Monday 10/16 at Mark Center. Then it says Pre-Fletc is 10/23 to 11/3. I don't even know what pre fletc is and if we will be housed?

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
        orlandofed5-0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pre FLETC means you'll be working 9-5 M-F learning the in's and outs of PFPA PPD. Housing will be at your own cost

• Swsports22
        Swsports22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your first day with be at the MC, 2nd day at the Suffolk building. Everyday after until you start at fletc Cheltenham you’ll be told where to be and at what time. There’s lots of stuff they need to take care of before you start pre fletc.

• Walkjoj
        Walkjoj commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohh wow, ok. Appreciate the quick responses guys.

• For anyone that wants to know there is a lot of places on AIRBNB for around the area

Comment

• Originally posted by Walkjoj View Post
        So you just gonna go down there with bags packed and all with no where placed to stay!!!??

That sounds insane lol. I'm coming from NY/NJ. That just seems crazy to me. Also I've seen air bnb private rooms for as low as $20-25 a day. But I'm confused. It says report Monday 10/16 at Mark Center. Then it says Pre-Fletc is 10/23 to 11/3. I don't even know what pre fletc is and if we will be housed?
        Lol I did that exact same thing years ago, from NY down here. No there is no housing in pre-fletc. It will be at cheltenham MD. Your first week will all be HR stuff and intake stuff around the pentagon, then you go to cheltenham for 2 weeks of pre-FLETC before you report down to Glynco. Then you come back and do a few weeks of pre-FTEP at cheltenham again before FTEP. Most people in my class who weren't from the area didn't lock down housing until pre-FTEP. But you could always lock something down between intake and FLETC, the choice is yours.

Comment

• Walkjoj
          Walkjoj commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll definitely wait until after FLETC, and save up rent free while down there. Only makes sense lol

• sdmaxwell
          sdmaxwell commented
          Editing a comment
          I am doing the same thing. I just booked an AIRBNB place to stay while at PRE-FLETC, I will look for permanent house to buy when I get back from FLETC, I am moving from Ohio. It is what it is adapt and overcome right.

• Hello everyone i have just completed the process for the pentagon police and have a question. I submitted my sf86 packet last Thursday as well as sent my prints up and was just wondering what kind of wait time im looking in regards to the clearance/ official job offer. From what i have been reading on the form it looks like i just missed this academy unfortunately and will have to wait till February. Good Luck to everyone that got the call

Comment

• Walkjoj
          Walkjoj commented
          Editing a comment
          I completed my sf86 around the 1st of September. Fingerprints sent out Sept 5th. Final offer Oct 5th

• sdmaxwell
          sdmaxwell commented
          Editing a comment
          Airborne25, I believe you will have it done for February class good luck I was at FT Bragg when I was Airborne so goodluck.

• Thanks for the quick responses yeah i did 4 years at Bragg i applied under the recent grad announcement in August and figured the clearance would take about a month. I need to call tomorrow to look into a possible fletc waiver. I am currently a police officer at the federal reserve and was a New York City Correction Officer before that. I went through a fletc accredited academy but not fletc so not sure about that working.

Comment

• im staying with a buddy in arlington right now and looking around on zillow and realtor.com prices on apartments range anywhere from 900-$2400 depending on the area. closer you get to pentagon city, higher they seem to go. Most of the ones ive been interested in are in the 1300-1600 a month mark. Also the traffic here is otherworldly, i'm not a city guy and it's definitely worse than i thought it would be during commute hours. People don't use turn signals but they sure use horns alot haha

Comment

• I see mentions of FTEP and Pre FTEP after FLETC. Can someone explain what that is and what it entails?

Comment

• Code12911
              Code12911 commented
              Editing a comment
              well.... it's different now since when I attended, but we just had FTEP after we graduated UPTP. We went to FLETC in Maryland and did things the "Agency" way since you have completed the "FLETC" way down there. You will also go through a bunch of shooting, and learn more of what is required for you to be a operational PFPA Officer. That's about as in depth as I'd like to go.

• Is the AD pay scale the same as the GS/GL where it takes 20 years to top out?

Comment

• Code12911
              Code12911 commented
              Editing a comment
              No I am pretty sure it is 30 years there to hit top pay.

• C/ONWA1
              C/ONWA1 commented
              Editing a comment
              30 years? Wow, that 10 years longer than the GL/GS pay scale.

• any idea when the next announcement is going to come around? Unfortunately I was not referred under the recent graduate announcement. To many vets maybe?

Comment

• Code12911
              Code12911 commented
              Editing a comment
              Isn't there one out now?

• I always seem to be not referred for recent graduates too. It seems it has to be vets beating everyone out.

Comment

• Code12911
              Code12911 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just keep trying! So many people apply for these positions...

• Sheridan1
              Sheridan1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea I know, been looking and applying almost daily for about 5 months. One of these gotta work sooner or later.

• https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481466100

closes in a month

Comment

• ^ That's only open to veterans or current federal employees in case anyone misses that.

Comment

• Code12911
                Code12911 commented
                Editing a comment
                90% of the time that's all they are going to hire anyways.

• Code, are you starting on November 1st? If so, that’s my old class before I got injured at fletc. Decent group.

Comment

• Code12911
                Code12911 commented
                Editing a comment
                They want me to start in Jan 18

• I finish fletc dec 15 and start Agency based training feb 8th. Currently in a non pfpa class at fletc. I’m with 47 capitol Police guys

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13706 users online. 392 members and 13314 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X