Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am trying to find out if anyone has applied to the recent job announcement that opened up in Dec 2016 and closed on March 2017.I have not heard anything back from them yet. I do not know if lack of hearing from them is a good thing or not. My investigator said im waiting for the selecting official to approve it now.

Application submitted 1/6/17
    Consideration email 2/16/17
    Scheduled for Agility/Post Test/ Panel interview 2/17/17
    Agility/Post Test/Panel Interview completed and passed 3/10/17
    Background completed and Cleared 4/17/17
    Last edited by BXRICO718; 04-28-2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• BXRICO718 I am in the same position, no I have not heard anything either, but remember nothing in government happens fast, lol! I am waiting for medical appointment.

Comment

• Did either of you get a tentative offer yet?

Comment

• sdmaxwell lol yes I know its very slow process but based on prior comments it looked like it took most people 6-9 month to go through the whole process.

Code12911 no I have not received an offer as of yet, that should be the next notification that I should be getting right before they set up the medical. how far along are you in the process and when did you start it?

Comment

• No I have not received an offer yet either, but I was told I have to attend FLETC that they won't wave my Ohio Police certificate. Somewhat disappointed at that but it is what it is.

Comment

• BXRICO718
              BXRICO718 commented
              Editing a comment

• Yea I was told the same thing and I am a police sergeant in NYC. But as long as I get called is all I really care about at this point.

Comment

• I had completed a 6 month police academy in NYS and they would waive me either.

Comment

• Oh well you are right once they let us know then we can get through another academy. I wonder how often they send a class per year though? Anyone know the answer?

Comment

• If you never attended uptp (uniformed police training program) you will have to go through it, not matter what your experience is. And if you have attended the training for a different agency and it was outside of 2 years, you will be sent back again.

Right now roughly 3-4 classes are sent yearly through the program for pfpa

Comment

• Originally posted by BXRICO718 View Post
                    sdmaxwell lol yes I know its very slow process but based on prior comments it looked like it took most people 6-9 month to go through the whole process.

Code12911 no I have not received an offer as of yet, that should be the next notification that I should be getting right before they set up the medical. how far along are you in the process and when did you start it?
                    I re-applied in December 16 and attended the first phase in March. I was told that they are holding off on Tent offers until they need to fill seats. I was told my waiver for FLETC is approved so I would just need their post UPTP academy. I heard another UPTP class is in June toward the end of the month.

Comment

• We start pre-FLETC 6/26/17. FLETC starts 7/19/17

Comment

• Code12911 I completed a full academy in Ohio in 2012. After a 8 year break in service. Been Police officer since. But only on Part time basis and full time Investigator. I took the PT and POST in August but didn't pass the Oral until March 9th. So not sure how much longer other than I was told that I will have to attend FLETC that was 3 weeks ago. I asked if there was certain dates they are looking to fill but no answer as of yet.
                        Swsports22 congratulations how long did it take to get notified after your testing?

Comment

• The whole process was about 8 months. Had to clear something up with my vision which delayed things. Then I had to wait for approval due to the hiring freeze. I spoke with a lady at WHS a few times that kept me informed about my status. Best of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdmaxwell View Post
                            Oh well you are right once they let us know then we can get through another academy. I wonder how often they send a class per year though? Anyone know the answer?
                            From what it seems like they do about 4 classes a year, roughly every 3 months. im guessing everything should completed and we should get an offer for around Nov

Comment

• Well thank you for all the info gang. Hope to meet all of you, when the time comes until then keep safe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12352 users online. 423 members and 11929 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X