300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by breezeboy92 View Post

Thanks for the info. I have family in Alexandria and will stay with them for a couple of weeks. Did PFPA pay for you to move though when the time came?
    No, when I applied it wasn't even an option on the announcement. I am sure it is a possibility but I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Code12911 View Post

No, when I applied it wasn't even an option on the announcement. I am sure it is a possibility but I wouldn't count on it.
      When you worked for PFPA before, when did you have time to move to the area. It seems like with training and such, I won't have time between now and then. I was hoping I could have a couple days after training is complete to be able to move.

Comment

• Before and After training can work, but the weekends are your best bet. It's a bitter pill to swallow, and not an easy thing to do, but they won't allow you any time off to do that. I actually didn't move up there until a week after I got done with UPTP (Pre FLETC I stayed with family). I had a realtor up there find a rental I saw online and did everything by mail until it was time to sign a lease and pick up my keys. I would highly suggest you try and do it before hand if you have a family, or if you don't then try and hold off until you get back. Plenty of people in my class waited until they got back and rented a POD or storage unit until they were there since it was cheaper than paying rent.

Comment

• gopro123 I did pass the oral board, now doing the usual stuff waiting for medical and background. Thank you for the help. I was told I will not need to go to FLETC because of experience and my old academy, so we will see how the process goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdmaxwell View Post
            gopro123 I did pass the oral board, now doing the usual stuff waiting for medical and background. Thank you for the help. I was told I will not need to go to FLETC because of experience and my old academy, so we will see how the process goes.
            Congratulation, good luck with the rest of the process I guess it will be quick for you since no fletc

Comment

• Any one have any insight on what to expect the first week before pre-FLETC and FLETC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lcball10 View Post
                Any one have any insight on what to expect the first week before pre-FLETC and FLETC?
                The only thing I know about pre-fletc is that we will go over the most common things your most likely to fail at fletc. I was wondering if we will have uniforms or we just have just wear khakis and a polo shirt. Also curious what does anyone think in processing day? Suit and tie? Or business causal

Comment

• Suit for in-processing, and they have a class B uniform you should get quickly. You will be provided terrible uniforms when you get down there at UPTP and you will graduate in a Suit unless they have changed that part. (doubt it though)

Plan on group PT and a few runs down the trail! See you guys when you get back in June... Maybe

Comment

Suit for in-processing, and they have a class B uniform you should get quickly. You will be provided terrible uniforms when you get down there at UPTP and you will graduate in a Suit unless they have changed that part. (doubt it though)

Plan on group PT and a few runs down the trail! See you guys when you get back in June... Maybe
                    Is in processing only 1 day? Report on the 20th but have no clue what os going the rest of the week before pre fletc

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPro123 View Post

Is in processing only 1 day? Report on the 20th but have no clue what os going the rest of the week before pre fletc
                      We did ours in less than a day, then did a few other things to finish up. We were doing Pre-FLETC the first week after all the other things were taken care of.

Comment

We did ours in less than a day, then did a few other things to finish up. We were doing Pre-FLETC the first week after all the other things were taken care of.
                        Thanks, appreciate the info

Comment

• Just spoke with HR and was told I cleared everything and I'm just awaiting an approval bc of the hiring freeze. Was told they hope to know within the coming week. Best of luck to all starting on 3/20.

Comment

• has anyone else on here have there Police certification and did not have to do FLETC?

Comment

• Originally posted by sdmaxwell View Post
                              has anyone else on here have there Police certification and did not have to do FLETC?
                              I was told if I receive a final offer that I wouldn't have to attend FLETC

Comment

• that's good news Chase44, how far along have you gotten?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6045 users online. 282 members and 5763 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X