300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 days but I had to request different dates
    Last edited by Spartan1371; 08-17-2016, 05:09 PM.
    USMS timeline
    Applied:June 2016
    Rating 99
    Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
    Fed LEO (6 years)
    USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
    Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• Thanks Spartan. Also does anyone know how long we will have for pushups and situps? 1 min, 2 min? Thanks.

Comment

• [QUOTE=kwaz;3925682]
        Originally posted by Kgov02 View Post

I guess since neither of us work in USMS HR (or do you?) it's all speculative in terms of what the number 5k actually means. Doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. But I think this thread and the info contained in it will be important for future applicants no matter the agency.

I know for our agency there is similar language in many announcements and it means after that number no applicants will be considered. That number is usually 150.
        Nope not HRD just a POD like the other people that told you the same thing. I and other DUSMs don't need to be HRD, they were at FLETC and told us how many people applied in 2012. Also, our instructors didn't let us forget it! So for me and obviously other DUSMs it sticks out because we "won the lottery." Unfortunately, since I'm not HRD and you know so much because your agency does it one way I won't speculate anymore. Don't want to post any correct information on here for applicants...

Comment

• [QUOTE=kwaz;3925682]
          Originally posted by Kgov02 View Post

I guess since neither of us work in USMS HR (or do you?) it's all speculative in terms of what the number 5k actually means. Doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. But I think this thread and the info contained in it will be important for future applicants no matter the agency.

I know for our agency there is similar language in many announcements and it means after that number no applicants will be considered. That number is usually 150.
          Except it says it will close at 11:59pm on the day of. So it closed at 11:59pm. Not at the point it reaches 5,000.

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• It looks like one minute for each event according to the previous Marshal thread.
            Last edited by cudder; 08-17-2016, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Thanks cudder. That's what I was thinking. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• For you guys who have your interviews set up already - I'm in the crowd that received my "fill out these forms so we can set up your interview" email on Tuesday the 9th - the day before I got my referral email. I sent my forms back on Wednesday the 10th, but I haven't gotten any reply yet about actually picking a date and getting the interview set up. Nor have I received any confirmation that they received my completed forms. Should I send them an email to verify that they received my stuff, or just keep waiting? I'm getting a little antsy since it's been over a week since I sent in my forms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leatherneck556 View Post
                  For you guys who have your interviews set up already - I'm in the crowd that received my "fill out these forms so we can set up your interview" email on Tuesday the 9th - the day before I got my referral email. I sent my forms back on Wednesday the 10th, but I haven't gotten any reply yet about actually picking a date and getting the interview set up. Nor have I received any confirmation that they received my completed forms. Should I send them an email to verify that they received my stuff, or just keep waiting? I'm getting a little antsy since it's been over a week since I sent in my forms.
                  I'm in the same boat. I sent an email two days ago asking if they received the documents and if there were any issues I need to address. I haven't gotten a response yet. Ordinarily I would just wait it out but I remember the email saying something about them trying to conduct the interviews before the end of Aug which is in two weeks. I'm hoping I didn't get lost in the shuffle.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• The USMS obviously didn't have enough HR people for a mass hiring like this which would probably explain the influx of HR positions they've posted on usajobs in the last 2 or 3 months

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• What are yalls scores that are getting the interview paperwork? I know my score isn't competitive anyways, but curious if that interview is based on NOR scores or another process.
                      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Well mine was 95, and still waiting for the interview email.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• I got a 98. Got one of the very first "you will have an interview" emails, but no follow-ups.

Comment

• 99, received all the emails so far except the follow-up of when my interview will actually be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Got a 92. Only received the referral email, still waiting for interview emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Leatherneck556 View Post
                                For you guys who have your interviews set up already - I'm in the crowd that received my "fill out these forms so we can set up your interview" email on Tuesday the 9th - the day before I got my referral email. I sent my forms back on Wednesday the 10th, but I haven't gotten any reply yet about actually picking a date and getting the interview set up. Nor have I received any confirmation that they received my completed forms. Should I send them an email to verify that they received my stuff, or just keep waiting? I'm getting a little antsy since it's been over a week since I sent in my forms.
                                I sent back the required forms on 8/12, got my interview date preferences email on 8/15 (replied back the same day), and I was informed of my interview date/location yesterday afternoon. I agree that they are probably dealing with a large influx of emails from all the applicants which is why there might be a delay in processing everything. I'm sure they will get to everyone by the end of the week (hopefully). I was never sent any confirmation emails that my documents had been received but if you don't get a response by early next week I would definitely shoot them an email.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12447 users online. 483 members and 11964 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X